TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 411 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:37 am 

I sure hope Piastri has an absolute iron clad agreement to be racing in F1 next year. I hope he hasn't overplayed his hand. How can he walk back into the Alpine garage (if he is allowed back) with a straight face? Maybe he IS Alonso's protege.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:04 pm 

Now seems a good time to link this superb (partly) satirical imagining of the 2030 calendar - https://forums.autosport.com/topic/2089 ... ws/page-54

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:59 pm 

Kimi pits?

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:26 am 

Mir had a massive highside on the first lap - Lorenzo like :8:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoodGuySedge/status/1561341070704889857[/tweet]

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:42 pm 

People here spend 10 years bitching about the lack of engine supplier variety and how much the feeder teams bend over for their manufacturer team masters. We get not one but two new manufacturers actually introducing 2 different engines, and the response is 'meh'. Personally grid size is more impor...

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:33 pm 

I like that pic, half a second before disaster. You wouldn't expect a thing if you don't know the story :8: Late 60's pre-wing era IMO. Not having wings really emphasises the bullet-with-wheels look, and I love the exposed engine and pipes. The resulting sideways and minor air action in the turns a...

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:07 pm 

Zandvoort was a fine venue for cars racing on reverse gear

quite a thrill to roll a car that didn't had laminated windshields (at 0:27)

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:48 pm 

It gets even worse. From all the narrative coming from Alpine you would have thought that they fully funded Piastri in F2. His F3 funding (Renault Academy) was his prize from winning the Formula Renault championship! I joined the Academy off the back of winning the Formula Renault championship in 20...

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:18 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
Second ever all-Antipodean podium in Indycar apparently. What was the first one?

Texas 2011 Twin #2. 1. Power, 2. Dixon, 3. Briscoe.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:11 am 

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/restored-th ... ours-back/

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:28 am 

Just came across this today. The level of detail is insane. Plus some pretty hilarious items included like Bottas' wheel from Monaco 2021, Sainz's missing tire, Russell's PowerPoint and topless photos etc. :lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/_RichardParry_/status/1569497858587660288[/tweet]

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:53 am 

I thought so too, but apparently the company that has the rights to Caltex internationally bought the Puma chain of stations and is now rebranding them as Caltex stations to make things confusing.

Post subject: Re: F1 Classics thread
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:47 am 

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:23 pm 

The 2022-23 Formula E World Championship will be the 9th season of the series, and the third world championship. By far the most significant change between this season and last is the introduction of the Gen3 rules package. The new chassis is narrower, shorter and lighter, as are the batteries. The ...

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:16 pm 

Enough with this "he gets treated special cause he's black" bullshit. Anyone who's been a fan of this sport or followed it for more than 2 minutes knows that NASCAR is NASCAR. Unless you've got your head completely up your ass, you know it's not a sport with the most progressive fan base t...

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:51 pm 

Should have taken a lesson from Glen Dix

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:53 pm 

now some time for some bonus stats -5th constructor's world championship for Red Bull (6th overall behind Ferrari, Williams, McLaren, Mercedes and Lotus) -33rd victory for Max Verstappen (also 6th overall with one more victory than Fernando Alonso) -13th victory for Max Verstappen this year (ties al...

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:25 pm 

Couldn't care less. I want 26 cars on the grid. Nothing else matters or satisfies me. Was the sport really that great when he had 6 additional cars who couldn't get within 3-5 seconds of the leaders? I agree with you, sport would be great with 26 cars, but not with 20 good cars and 6 shit ones. But...

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:48 am 

Then you give the drivers 5 seconds to get to 80kph or face a penalty. Hell in this day and age they could probably calculate this in real-time and anybody who gained a small advantage by not slowing down fast enough is remotely slows until the gap is correct. Or just stop using shitty systems and ...

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:50 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
Somebody needs to photoshop the movie poster with drivers ASAP

best i could do on short notice

Page 18 of 21 [ Search found 411 matches ]