TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 191 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Daytona Speedweeks 2020
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 pm 

Kailie Deegan needs her bell rung a couple of times to make her stop wrecking people. Seems every time I catch her making the highlight reel, right from her K&N days, she's spinning someone out while her army of idiot fans are cheering her on in the comments.

Post subject: Re: Daytona Speedweeks 2020
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:51 am 

Like y'all have said, was just a matter of time. The amount of deliberate contact they make these days is ridiculous.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:13 pm 

Omega wrote:
Season to start in May

The way things are going, it May or may not.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:54 pm 

That word will cause problems in any American sport, but I think NASCAR actually will be *more* sensitive to this issue in some ways. (And from what I've seen, this is the case. A few other "casual N-bomb" incidents in American sports in the last couple decades have not caused the same am...

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:42 am 

BTW, 1000 pages of Random NASCAR Discussion. :drunk:

Edit: Wouldn't you know it. My post happened to start the 1001st page. :roll:

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:17 am 

Ah, so Chastain used the good old 'going for the win' excuse for this one. It's right up there 'you gotta do what you gotta do'.

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:38 pm 

I think this is a shame tbh. I've always liked Fontana. I know people generally want more short tracks but it shouldn't come at the expense of one of the more unique tracks on the schedule. And of course this means no chance of any more Indycar :( Lol unique shmunique. It was a Michigan clone. At t...

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:33 pm 

I did an interview with Josh Berry, driver of the JR Motorsports' No. 8 Xfinity car at Daytona today.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nascar/news ... w-dale-jrm

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:23 pm 

Yea, Bottas sucks at defense most of the time and did today too but tbf, Hamilton rolled over and died without any hint of a fight today, when Max was closing in.

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:11 pm 

Where've you been? A mess is exactly what constitutes a good NASCAR race these days. Stage racing, fake yellas, double-file restarts, GWC...

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:51 am 

Not just the stewards, most active racing drivers in most series (except ovals) would vote "yes", and almost all will often act accordingly on track. Only amateurs and spectators like us have a different opinion. Look at it from a competitor point of view as well: there's a reputation asp...

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:08 pm 

Gotta say Max's final qualy lap yesterday was what I love most about motorsport... absolutely on-the-edge driving from start to premature finish. Gilles Villeneuve would've been proud of that!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:46 pm 

Aren't all team members tested for covid before every race weekend anyway? If that's still being done, even for those fully vaccinated, then the mask-wearing is just to set an example for the viewers really. The people who actually need to wear masks are the spectators stuffed in the grandstands. B...

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:05 am 

I started thinking how the racing today was a lot like the Gen-4 races and then Clint said the same thing at least twice during the broadcast. This is definitely good; it's a lot more about driving than engineering now. Drivers are able to run side by side for many laps without getting sucked around...

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:58 am 

I haven't noticed there's a difference between a "happy" and a "serious" face on MotoGP graphics. I suppose it's not as clear cut as the Formula E graphics? ;) Afraid I don't watch Formule E but here's the Moto GP overlay :D : https://i.imgur.com/Chx4pF2.jpeg https://i.imgur.com...

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:52 am 

I do hope this year's Ferrari diecasts come with bobblehead helmets for accuracy.

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:13 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Our chances for a blowover at DEGA have just doubled, Briscoe is gonna go flying

You actually think so after watching Reddick's aw shucks interview? If you expect a blowever at Dega because of those two, it'll be Reddick blowing a kiss over to Briscoe if he could...

Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:01 pm 

RtN wrote:
There wasn't any finesse in that, he just ran Byron over.

Wasn't much finesse involved when Byron sent Logano into the wall on the previous restart either.

Post subject: Re: Atlanta + Mid-Ohio
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:43 am 

I'll never be able to take this type of pack racing seriously. It's pure show, not racing - you're in this rubber band all day, unable to let your driving skills or better car put some distance on anyone.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:10 pm 

90 acres is being kept and a short track built on it, the other 400 acres have been sold for commercial development which will likely change to housing eventually meaning NIMBYs will move in then complain about the noise from the race track and it’ll eventually close because it’ll only be used once...
Page 9 of 10 [ Search found 191 matches ]