TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:27 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
siggy wrote:
That was boring. Obvious merc engine track, too bad for Verstappen. Silly oppurtunistic moves, almost seemed like a good old f3000 race....

I hope Rosberg can win the last two races as well. Might do him some good for next year. Hamilton trying to be cool conveniently AFTER Rosberg went to the pits. Ah well. SC almost helped him again.

The track is not as bad as Tilke tracks, but dear lord, they butchered this track good. I have the '67 layout in my mind and know some footage of the 90's, i willnever understand why they need to butcher all these tracks. Just to put in some convenient grandstands? How lazy is that. Design the stands to the circuit. Yuk, yuk, yuk. I'm glad they will never race at the Nordschleife.

I was thinking, with the 'low sound volume' of these engines, isn't more realistic to get some decent street race circuits in it?

Most of the butchering was done because of the need for modern run-off - the rest of the city is literally over the walls, so they had to move everything in to fit.

Still. Making room doesn't need a sill stadium section where nothing ever will happen. The track is not recognisable in any way. Only the location is the same, or so they say.....

I long for the old school tracks. The biggest problem is that all tracks have more or less the same characteristics. You used to have tracks where drivers went well and on others not so well. It's all the same now. The only mix up we can expect is with rain or when f1 goes through a major rule change....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they should make the stadium section a highly banked esse like in slotcar racing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:09 am 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

The two Finns should go to a locker room somewhere, compare their cock sizes and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:27 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dull race, but that's not really my gripe with today.

I totally get that Sky F1 is a British broadcaster and thus Lewis winning is good for subscription numbers and national interest. Cool with that, and the majority of the time this year Lewis has been the better man out on track and deserves his title.

Thing is, today Lewis wasn't the better driver so after the race Lazenby decides to do the most excruciating, shit-stirring interview with Rosberg that I've ever seen, asking him if he was going to throw his cap at anybody, asking if the birth of his first child might be a reason he's been beaten this season, telling him that Lewis mentioned the wind thing etc. After Rosberg goes off (having somehow not walked out half way through) they then spend ten minutes postulating on Lewis probably going easy of Rosberg because the title race is over. I'm not over-exaggerating this stuff either; seriously, it was awful.

It's SOS James Allen-Jenson Button tier bullshit, it really is. Here's an idea for them: Lewis just lost because... he lost. This weekend, Rosberg was on the high side of the thin margin between the two.

Of course, wasn't helped by Lewis being a bit childish and muttering about there not being any wind this weekend in the press conference. But hey, Lewis doesn't get involved in mind games so it's all good.

I quite like Rosberg. He's not elite tier, he's a bit dull but he seems a pretty alright guy, he's apparently a pleasure to work with and he is very quick. I would rather he moves out of Mercedes to Williams or somewhere so I don't have to sit through hours of snide 'analysis' from the collective dipshits at Sky on why Lewis is so much greater than him. Likewise, I pray that whoever it is that eventually replaces him is ready for the tidal wave of bullshit they're suddenly going to get subjected to by our media if they dare be competitive with or take issue with The Blessed One.

So yeah, I was pleased to see Nico win today and get a nice reaction from the crowd. After last weekend (and let's be honest, unlucky or not, he did blow it) it was good to see there's still fight left in him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If you said "Please show me a race that's typical of the 2015 season", I'd probably show you this one. Mercedes pissing all over the competition, Kimi crashing into someone, McLaren having a horrible race and the fans at home falling asleep because no one could overtake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:05 am 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

siggy wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
siggy wrote:
That was boring. Obvious merc engine track, too bad for Verstappen. Silly oppurtunistic moves, almost seemed like a good old f3000 race....

I hope Rosberg can win the last two races as well. Might do him some good for next year. Hamilton trying to be cool conveniently AFTER Rosberg went to the pits. Ah well. SC almost helped him again.

The track is not as bad as Tilke tracks, but dear lord, they butchered this track good. I have the '67 layout in my mind and know some footage of the 90's, i willnever understand why they need to butcher all these tracks. Just to put in some convenient grandstands? How lazy is that. Design the stands to the circuit. Yuk, yuk, yuk. I'm glad they will never race at the Nordschleife.

I was thinking, with the 'low sound volume' of these engines, isn't more realistic to get some decent street race circuits in it?

Most of the butchering was done because of the need for modern run-off - the rest of the city is literally over the walls, so they had to move everything in to fit.

Still. Making room doesn't need a sill stadium section where nothing ever will happen. The track is not recognisable in any way. Only the location is the same, or so they say.....

I long for the old school tracks. The biggest problem is that all tracks have more or less the same characteristics. You used to have tracks where drivers went well and on others not so well. It's all the same now. The only mix up we can expect is with rain or when f1 goes through a major rule change....

Shit race, shit track. If there was too little room for run-off, they should have raced somewhere else or built a new circuit.

Just think of how many series the original layout would have been suitable for. Pretty much every one bar F1, I bet. But of course, this isn't how the FIA thinks. With them it's, "change for F1 and sod everything else". Any challenge this circuit once presented to drivers has now gone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:34 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

I thought it would be a better race than that, there seemed to be overtaking places on paper.

That was Rosberg's best race win. He actually didn't crack this time and Hamilton didn't even get a DRS chance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:24 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

MaTT wrote:
Dull race, but that's not really my gripe with today.

I totally get that Sky F1 is a British broadcaster and thus Lewis winning is good for subscription numbers and national interest. Cool with that, and the majority of the time this year Lewis has been the better man out on track and deserves his title.

Thing is, today Lewis wasn't the better driver so after the race Lazenby decides to do the most excruciating, shit-stirring interview with Rosberg that I've ever seen, asking him if he was going to throw his cap at anybody, asking if the birth of his first child might be a reason he's been beaten this season, telling him that Lewis mentioned the wind thing etc. After Rosberg goes off (having somehow not walked out half way through) they then spend ten minutes postulating on Lewis probably going easy of Rosberg because the title race is over. I'm not over-exaggerating this stuff either; seriously, it was awful.

It's SOS James Allen-Jenson Button tier bullshit, it really is. Here's an idea for them: Lewis just lost because... he lost. This weekend, Rosberg was on the high side of the thin margin between the two.

Of course, wasn't helped by Lewis being a bit childish and muttering about there not being any wind this weekend in the press conference. But hey, Lewis doesn't get involved in mind games so it's all good.

I quite like Rosberg. He's not elite tier, he's a bit dull but he seems a pretty alright guy, he's apparently a pleasure to work with and he is very quick. I would rather he moves out of Mercedes to Williams or somewhere so I don't have to sit through hours of snide 'analysis' from the collective dipshits at Sky on why Lewis is so much greater than him. Likewise, I pray that whoever it is that eventually replaces him is ready for the tidal wave of bullshit they're suddenly going to get subjected to by our media if they dare be competitive with or take issue with The Blessed One.

So yeah, I was pleased to see Nico win today and get a nice reaction from the crowd. After last weekend (and let's be honest, unlucky or not, he did blow it) it was good to see there's still fight left in him.

Lazenby, that one-time-shitty-bond-actor? Seriously? They should stick with people from the country they race in, not treat it as a podium for their own boys club.

Scotty wrote:
I think you all should lay off the circuit. People are writing it off after 1 race. If people were to write races off which had crap racing this year next years calendar would have 4 tracks on it.

Think about all the great circuits F1 has been to this year that has produced crap racing, so far the best race was Austin, which a fair amount of pundits would put in the bottom 5 circuits on the calendar.

Euh, no? For F1, it's just as shit as Abu Dahbi. There is nothing unique to it, except the fans. Sure F1 is shit, but the tracks make it shittier
They're all the same, except for a few. The long straight is ridiculous, just gifting Merc powered cars points. Because the philosophy is long straight, slow corner. Brilliant. I can talk about this all day long, but DRS needs to be optimized for racing, not for gifting positions. Especially the 1 sec gap is too low. Make it 3 or even 5. So the guy must be really faster to get out of the clutches, not just passing, getting a 1 sec gap and that is it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

My biggest gripe about the track is the final S bend. It should have and could have been more flowing like the old corner. Instead of progressively getting faster its basically become a corner that you would find in Hungary,or COTA or India or Korea. Differing corners and radius's are what gives tracks character Scotty, and those Esses are now almost indistinguishable from any new track.

I can understand and see the logic of forgoing the final corner, but that last S is what's criminal to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Misterfreeman87 wrote:
Wow they are chanting ´Nico, Nico´

I loved this moment. The Mexican crowd is amazing. Cheering for the winner, no matter whom, is an amazing spirit.

I am... happy for Nico. He needs to get his morale up by the end of this year. While Hamilton is my favourite, I really dislike landslide victories.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not a good race but the track itself felt right IMHO. It felt "classic" to me with hints of today.

Maybe next season if Ferrari is closer to Mercedes and Red Bull actually has an engine that could help them enter that battle as well it just might be a great place to be.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Diageo wrote:
This is the first time since Melbourne 2006 both Ferrari cars retired! :8:

I found it hard to believe and I did a bit of research. It was not Melbourne 2006, but 2009. Raikkonen retired but was still classified. Still an amazing record though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes well done to Nico for putting in an amazing performance to win a dead rubber. Now if only he could do this at races that matter and more consistently, we may have a decent title fight to enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:42 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Roll on Interlagos, I didn't even watch this crap race.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This track is awesome, it still feels just like old Mexico City, just with a few modifications to bring it into 2015.

Yes, running the full peraltada would have been awesome, but it's not feasible in an open wheel car...hasn't been since the early 00's. The slow stadium section, while it is mickey mouse, has given this circuit something really special...hearing the roar of the crowd when Sainz let Checo through in there to redress his slip up was absolutely magic.

Cannot wait for next years race, and the addition of WEC there. It'd be really neat if it were possible to get Checo, Adrian Fernandez, and Gutierrez into a car for the WEC race to see a packed facility for the 6 hour.

Fuck it, run everything at the new Mexico City...the old peraltada is still there and can be used if a series sees fit to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

For me, this is the old Mexico. But enough said.

Whatever the circuit, the cars need to be able to follow each other without ' dirty air'. At that point, it doesn't matter where they race, the racing would be better.

I just played way too much Grand Prix Legends....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
let's just put simpler wings, take away tire blankets and tire/fuel consumption and try to see what we can take from this

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Liked the track, not the race.

Fair play Nico but did nothing to dispel his "ralf Schumacher syndrome" in that he can put In the laps if he has the right conditions (starting from pole, getting preferential strategy etc ). Didn't really win me over into thinking he's anything more than a ralf/barry/massa/webber type tho.

Lewis....well he showed up. Off kilter weekend.....probably still hung over :lol:

Like others Sky really fucking annoyed me this weekend. Ted kravitz came on the mic during the race with some conspiracy b.s. about rosberg deliberately running he tyres to the end of their life sp Lewis would have no chance for a hammer time strategy to pass him.
They then ruminate on this for a very long time as I was sitting their thinking. ...isn't that what they've been doing every race?
Sky were really grasping at straws to talk up this evil rosberg plan for some reason,....

And this is from someone who likes Lewis as a driver! It feels odd these days they expect you to pay for the more superficial biased coverage while the slightly less biased bbc is free able not always live
(I'm not saying they're not focusing on Lewis atm but it doesn't quite seem as in your face as sky are. And i have the luxury of watching both )

Oh well there have been worse races. And a hell of a lot better too. Giant meh really.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:32 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I download the post race (being in Asia its always way too late for me to watch live) and I have found that I have just been skipping through Sky F1's post race coverage recently, just looking for the video analysis for the exact reasons stated above.

I too like Lewis as a driver but its a love in when he wins, bitching and tin foil hat shit when he doesn't and focusing mainly on 2 -3 incidents/drivers with token mentions to others. The Lewis love ins are getting a bit too much for me, to the point where if they didn't have the sky pad, I probably wouldn't watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

For any of you complaining / venting about Sky's coverage, I invite you to spend at least a season watching F1 via MSNBC and then see if you have anything negative to say about Sky.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next