TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good race thanks to the safety car, needs to be used more. Unpredictability is what F1 needs, and the sc always delivers that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:59 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Has Vettel changed his helmet livery? What's the penalty for that?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:00 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I love the Hungaro-win :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Had Rosberg chosen the soft tyre at his final stop, he probably would have won easily. Seemed a crazy choice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:02 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Tobias wrote:
I love the Hungaro-win :)

+1 best race of the season by a country mile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Bleu wrote:
[quote="Slam"]Why does Rosberg not get a penalty for that?

I think the fact that he suffered more than Ricciardo played a role.[/quote]
Yeah but in my view he damaged Ricciardo's car enough that he needed to pit for a new wing - costing Ricciardo 2nd place. I think Rosberg should have had a penalty which might have put him out the points.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Six hours to play both anthems...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:04 pm 

Rosberg was surfing on the bad luck of others today. I was happy to see him fall back.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:06 pm 

I am happy they go ahead with the champagne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Fryslân, The Netherlands, TBK-member since May 7th, 2003
Awsome race!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tobias wrote:
Rosberg was surfing on the bad luck of others today. I was happy to see him fall back.

Eh? He was third on merrit, then second because of Kimi slowing down. Kvyat was an "also ran" until everyone in front of him decided to get into troubles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:09 pm 

Omega wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Eh? He was third on merrit, then second because of Kimi slowing down. Kvyat was an "also ran" until everyone in front of him decided to get into troubles

Point taken.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Everybody seems to be picking at Rosberg...are we all British suddenly? Riccardio overshot the corner, giving Rosberg the racing line. Pushing people wide is okay when on the racing line, but Rosberg didnt expect Riccardio to still be there. Either way, Rosberg was clearly in front and Riccardio didnt budge. That is my view.

Are these side walls of the tires still that delicate? Why not improve this? Every tiny touch can result in damage these days. I know it's not touring car racing, but silly punctures remain silly.

Not to mention the championship went from boring to super-potential to boring again....i don't care that Hamilton is easily the fastest man on the grid. I want some excitement in the championship. With the full team behind the biggest pay check, every cock up from Hamilton must be seized. The strategy for Rosberg was ridiculous. First time they've split strategies. Great job Mercedes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

siggy wrote:
Everybody seems to be picking at Rosberg...are we all British suddenly? Riccardio overshot the corner, giving Rosberg the racing line. Pushing people wide is okay when on the racing line, but Rosberg didnt expect Riccardio to still be there. Either way, Rosberg was clearly in front and Riccardio didnt budge. That is my view.

Rosberg not expecting Ric to be there is not Ric's fault. He was as far across on the track as he could have been and had given racing room, it's therefore the other drivers responsibility to also give racing room which he did not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:
Good race thanks to the safety car, needs to be used more. Unpredictability is what F1 needs, and the sc always delivers that

+1 Unpredictability is the word.
Also the punctures from the contacts mixed up the results. Yet many fans want penalties for drivers, but the more certain penalties, the less willing the drivers are to take risks. Relax the rules and let them fight without a fear of penalties -> action.
Oh, and more gravel that costs lots places like happened to Lewis. I'm afraid they will replace that with tarmac at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

siggy wrote:

Are these side walls of the tires still that delicate? Why not improve this? Every tiny touch can result in damage these days. I know it's not touring car racing, but silly punctures remain silly.

Not to mention the championship went from boring to super-potential to boring again....i don't care that Hamilton is easily the fastest man on the grid. I want some excitement in the championship. With the full team behind the biggest pay check, every cock up from Hamilton must be seized. The strategy for Rosberg was ridiculous. First time they've split strategies. Great job Mercedes.

It was Rosbergs decision to take the harder tyres because he wanted to do the same as Hamilton. The team advised him strongly against it, the conversation on the team radio was broadcast on tv durin the race. Rosberg gave it all away with this choice and pulling over in front of Ricciardo.

Apart from that, his race pace was extraordinarily poor, especially in comparison to Hamilton (who even was hampered by traffic).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justin Time wrote:
siggy wrote:

It was Rosbergs decision to take the harder tyres because he wanted to do the same as Hamilton. The team advised him strongly against it, the conversation on the team radio was broadcast on tv durin the race. Rosberg gave it all away with this choice and pulling over in front of Ricciardo.

Apart from that, his race pace was extraordinarily poor, especially in comparison to Hamilton (who even was hampered by traffic).

I think that showed how much Hamilton is winning the pyschological battle with Rosberg, all Rosberg wanted was to cover off Hamilton by having the same tyres as him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sounds like my TV tuner chose a great day to not record. :slaphead:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well that turned out to be a cracker of a race. I find it interesting that this track which once was considered to be the absolute worst and to be burnt with hell fire has produced a couple of awesome races in recent years. And the fact that drivers used to hate it and now it is loved?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
webbsy wrote:
Well that turned out to be a cracker of a race. I find it interesting that this track which once was considered to be the absolute worst and to be burnt with hell fire has produced a couple of awesome races in recent years. And the fact that drivers used to hate it and now it is loved?

not designed by Tilke

I'm very thanful for Ricciardo, nice outcome in the final laps

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next