TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wish that would work with my wife...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It works when I try it with your wife.....and by it I mean a nice cup of tea with a lovely woman.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Last edited by codename_47 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
I wish that would work with my wife...

Blind ignorance? Works with all women I thought...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
It works when I try it with your wife.....

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

hahaha!

I won't show her this, she might break you in half :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ian-S wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
It works when I try it with your wife.....

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

hahaha!

I won't show her this, she might break you in half :lol:

You show your wife the forum?

Eeep, ok I'll delete!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suddenly I have an image of the Scotsman and his wife out of Samurai Jack :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oi she's the Scottish one....

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:36 am 

I've got the whole thing recorded, saw everything up to the Formula Ford race at my parent's house, is it worth tuning into the last couple of races of the afternoon?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:13 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

The problem with the Plato incident is he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. Yeah you could say it was 'caused' by Shedden moving over, but he had the racing line and Plato didn't even have the nose properly alongside. So malicious intent? Maybe not. But without a doubt he decided he was not going to avoid the accident when Shedden took the line he was entitled to. Now if it was any other driver then you shrug your shoulders and say shit happens. But Plato is like Maldonado - he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. When you spend your entire career driving into cars, you no longer get to pretend to be innocent when you're involved in what otherwise would be a racing accident. Like Pastor, who was involved in many racing incidents - when you get in so many they are no longer racing incidents.

So yeah it isn't Platos worst crime at all. It's not even in his top 10. But I'm sorry, I don't get why he should be allowed benefit of the doubt. You don't get to be a wee prick for 10 years then claim innocence later. He made the decision that this is how he is going to act, so he has to accept that people (both drivers and fans) are going to call him out on it, even if sometimes it's harsh.

Consequences have actions.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tom wrote:
I've got the whole thing recorded, saw everything up to the Formula Ford race at my parent's house, is it worth tuning into the last couple of races of the afternoon?

The second Ginetta junior race was good, final touring car race is reasonable, you can skip the second Porsche race. Can't remember if the second touring car race was before or after the Formula Ford, don't think the second touring car race is worth watching though.

ellis wrote:
The problem with the Plato incident is he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. Yeah you could say it was 'caused' by Shedden moving over, but he had the racing line and Plato didn't even have the nose properly alongside. So malicious intent? Maybe not. But without a doubt he decided he was not going to avoid the accident when Shedden took the line he was entitled to. Now if it was any other driver then you shrug your shoulders and say shit happens. But Plato is like Maldonado - he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. When you spend your entire career driving into cars, you no longer get to pretend to be innocent when you're involved in what otherwise would be a racing accident. Like Pastor, who was involved in many racing incidents - when you get in so many they are no longer racing incidents.

So yeah it isn't Platos worst crime at all. It's not even in his top 10. But I'm sorry, I don't get why he should be allowed benefit of the doubt. You don't get to be a wee prick for 10 years then claim innocence later. He made the decision that this is how he is going to act, so he has to accept that people (both drivers and fans) are going to call him out on it, even if sometimes it's harsh.

Consequences have actions.

I don't see why Shedden was entitled to take that line. Plato had managed to get the nose of his car to where Shedden wanted to be, Shedden should have accepted his line into the exit of the Complex was going to be compromised, rather than trying to force the issue cos it was only going to end one way. Can understand Shedden probably didn't have time to think about that and possibly didn't realise Plato's car was even there, hence why its a racing incident.

Agree with the rest of your post - Plato and to a lesser extent Neal decided a long time ago that they didn't mind punting other cars out the way when needed, and as the stewards failed to clampdown on it it now seems accepted for them to behave in that way.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis, while I agree with your point on past history and the precedent that Plato's driving standards has set (which everyone knows I'm pretty vocal on) I am taking the incident with Shedden on it's own merit. Shedden swept over in front of Plato, not realising that Plato had part of his car alongside. That is it. It was the start of the race and a very congested part of the track where contact is almost inevitable. It was similar situation to that involving Tarquini yesterday. Just because it was involving Plato shouldn't automatically mean he is at fault.

Plato's driving this year has been clean as has most of the rest of the field. In my book, just because he's driven poorly for many years beforehand it doesn't mean I'll immediately attack him when he's involved in an incident and clearly not at fault.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

Another good day of racing, the first Porsche race was surprisingly good for how few cars were in it, Yucel Ozbek is always worth watching :lol: .

Out of the 3 BTCC races, I found the third to be the worst. The first couple of laps were pretty frantic but it just fizzled-out after that.

The Dan Cammish benefit series provided the dullest race of the day, once again. Single seater racing should not be part of the TOCA package.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14