TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:37 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

De Cesaris fan wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
I think that a 20 second penalty dropping him to 5th for such a minor infraction just seems overly harsh.

I think simply swapping the places round would have been sufficient.

That's common sense. Wasn't there an equally stupid penalty when Schumacher(?) overtook someone at Monaco when the safety car pulled in on the last lap? I don't see why they don't just reverse the places.
quote]

I'm going to disagree here because then you get wobbly ground where you're choosing the penalty to suit the situation. I know some people were claiming that Perez shouldn't have been penalised yesterday because it didn't alter the result of the session, but that's not what the rule says.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:39 pm 

NVirkkula wrote:
Giving a "Self explanatory" as the reason for the penalty is just arrogant behaviour from the stewards, if you ask me. What is actually the self explanatory part of the incident? Sure the Fact, Offence and Decision parts explain a lot, but they could have been more politically correct with their reasoning. We've seen similar overtaking manouvers where penalties have not been given. Were those incidents called "self explanatory" also?

I think it refers to the fact bit of the statement, so if it was a bit more complicated then they would go into detail in said section.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 pm 
The most anticipated member

The punishment on Vettel for that "supposed illegal" overtake is absolutely DISGUSTING!!! And I'm not even trying to defend Vettel himself, but the sports dignity! There's also a lot of lobby in favor of Button too.....that's the reality we must start figuring out. Man, nowadays F1 is a shame, A SHAME! By the way, SHAME is a compliment, F1 lately is worth other adjectives.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

:flag:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

nightflight wrote:
Reason "Self Explanatory"

Great advantage to accelerate on kerbs and painted tarmac... *HIRN-PAUL-SMILIE-HERE*

If there were gravel or grass Vettel would simply back off, but with so manny stupid run off tarmacs FIA f..... up themselves and the drivers big time. Bring back at least grass and no one would overtake on grass.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just remember 2003 MSC vs Trulli same situation or worse. And MSC didnt get penalty but 10 years later he would have been DSQ. Its just awful today with the stupid penalties and runn of tarmacs. Bring at least grass back

Last edited by alex1369 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think the stewards are using the AI of Codemasters F1 game to make decisions on penalties :p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:11 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Beezle wrote:

:flag:

I might ask the mods to make a new rule - anyone who doesn't know what Bernies job actually is gets banned.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What a bunch of cockheads. If anything they should be blamed for letting drivers drive over debris without even a yellow flag for the first laps.

Someone could have been badly hurt had a tyre popped at the wrong moment.

Also, why the need of tarmac run-off at the exit of a 70kph corner? Seriously it's not like a car is going to gravel-flip there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Karma pays it back,Redbull is every race on the limit of the regulations,and simply fu**k with other teams,their every part is on the limit of rules,but against the spirit of sport.
Everything will pay off,sooner or later. Vettel would never do this manoevre if there was grass or gravel,with tarmac,he has a easier curve o take,could be sooner on throttle. He took the different curve after the apex,simply as that,he could back off,and get bakc on 3rd,but he saw his opportunity,he saw tarmac and took it. Its not the racetrack,so its against the rules. If he tried it and he got wheelspin or rear sliding like you get on grass,he would not gain the position.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:31 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

DinoMarko93 wrote:
Karma pays it back,Redbull is every race on the limit of the regulations,and simply fu**k with other teams,their every part is on the limit of rules,but against the spirit of sport.

Can I vote for this post as Farce of the Race?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No >.<

Massa was still more of a farce :p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ellis wrote:
I might ask the mods to make a new rule - anyone who doesn't know what Bernies job actually is gets banned.

There's a spelling/grammar error as well ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

OS wrote:
ellis wrote:

There's a spelling/grammar error as well ...

Yeah but I suck at spelling so can't moan about that. :p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:21 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

alex1369 wrote:
nightflight wrote:
Reason "Self Explanatory"

Great advantage to accelerate on kerbs and painted tarmac... *HIRN-PAUL-SMILIE-HERE*

If there were gravel or grass Vettel would simply back off, but with so manny stupid run off tarmacs FIA f..... up themselves and the drivers big time. Bring back at least grass and no one would overtake on grass.

If... nuff said... :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

So now we're in a situation that the FIA will safety car and red flag a race because of a bit of water, which MIGHT be dangerous (but the drivers can self police themselves with their right foot) but keep a race going through an almost literal minefield of debris, possibly risking drivers having a blowout at 200mph on the next long straight.

Madness, should've at least been a SC for the first lap debris. Ridiculous.

I agree with the Vettel penalty though. The tarmac shouldn't be there, agreed also but you don't go out there to complete a pass.
Especially if Button had been even slightly more alongside, the part where the run off ends and Vettel had to jink his way back on track could've been very dangerous indeed.

Derek Wawrick has explained about the stewarding before, all the stewards really decide is if the offense is against the rules or not, if they come to a decision it is, they open the rulebook and read the penalty out, they get no say in how severe a penalty is, that's not what they're there for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:44 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
So now we're in a situation that the FIA will safety car and red flag a race because of a bit of water, which MIGHT be dangerous (but the drivers can self police themselves with their right foot) but keep a race going through an almost literal minefield of debris, possibly risking drivers having a blowout at 200mph on the next long straight.

I agree with the Vettel penalty though. The tarmac shouldn't be there, agreed also but you don't go out there to complete a pass.
Especially if Button had been even slightly more alongside, the part where the run off ends and Vettel had to jink his way back on track could've been very dangerous indeed.

Derek Wawrick has explained about the stewarding before, all the stewards really decide is if the offense is against the rules or not, if they come to a decision it is, they open the rulebook and read the penalty out, they get no say in how severe a penalty is, that's not what they're there for.

Who does decide the severity of the penalty? AFAIK, there isn't specified penalties for offences within the regs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fergie wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Who does decide the severity of the penalty? AFAIK, there isn't specified penalties for offences within the regs.

Whoever writes the rulebook....

I learnt all this in the Motorsport Magazine podcast with Derek where he talked about being a steward, amongst other things, was very informative.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:35 pm 

If you look at Article 16 of the Sporting Regulations, a completely random time penalty seems available as punishment 16.3.c). However it does specify that a drive-thru at the end of a race equates to 20 seconds or a stop-go as 30 seconds, so obviously they gave penalty 16.1a)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

alex1369 wrote:

Indeed he would...

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnQC3eEYqg[/youtubeidiot]

..oh wait!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next