TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2250 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:43 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I think the race tomorrow is going to be interesting and we're going to see lots of position changes in the top10, because of wet qualifying. I believe some cars were better suited for those conditions and some where just going with full dry setup. Maybe 8th winner of the season or 3rd double winner tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Any idea which drivers have a setup for a dry race? You don't hear things like that on the track. And what happend to Grosjean? Bad first lap and couldn't improve becouse of more rain?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

HSHman wrote:
1992 Flying Ferrari...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

wow, great picture! Thx a lot!

btw - I remember this S straight from Grand Prix 2 by Geoff Crammond :) One of the best part of the track in all calendar. Shame it has been rebuilt :/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rudy88 wrote:
Any idea which drivers have a setup for a dry race? You don't hear things like that on the track. And what happend to Grosjean? Bad first lap and couldn't improve becouse of more rain?

I would think all have a dry setup, a dry race was predicted all weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm 

Mattzel89 wrote:
so the guy bitching the most about the conditions takes the pole? Heh

hey why you have closed your youtube account?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lucasjeha wrote:
aerogi wrote:
Lucasjeha wrote:
Amazing qualifying. Hulkenberg very fast in the wet as he usually is. Nice to see Schumacher performing so well too, 3rd in the grid tomorrow after Webber 5 places penalty. Just a shame that Alonso did the pole again.

You don't like Alonso, don't you?

I don't. Alonso is a great driver, he has amazing skills, but his attitude has become too arrogant over the years, I used to like him a long time ago, back in 2003, but he started showing his real face when Trulli was beating him in Renault and he couldn't deal with that and together with Briatore found a way to kick Trulli out of Renault. Alonso is like a spoiled child, he wants everything to be his way, he wants the team to do everything in his favour, he tried that at McLaren and failed big time. At Renault again, all the manipulation involving Piquet's crash at Singapore, it was ridiculous for Alonso to be involved in such thing, like I said, he is a great driver, he don't need to cheat, but he did cheated. And as if its not enough, he complains about everything. I remember when Petrov hold him for the whole race in Abu Dhabi and he was complaining about and cursing Petrov. Petrov was doing his race, they were fighting for a position, he was not a lapped car, he didn't had to let anyone pass. But like I said, Alonso is like a spoiled child. But I know how to separate things, Alonso is a great driver, talented and complete, he can do races that nobody could expect. But his attitude destroys everything and I think much of that he "learned" from his relation with Briatore.

Do you like Ayrton Senna? Because you have described him down to a tee.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:16 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
Firstly, Trulli was sacked in 2004, not 2003.

Secondly, he never even got close to Alonso, who scored 55 points to Trulli's 33 in 2003, and Alonso was ahead despite Trulli fluking a win at Monaco in 2004 when Trulli was booted.

Thirdly, he never had anything to do with Piquet's crash, and won the next race on merit anyway. He never cheated, it was Bell and Briatore who were indicted for that. He was never involved, it was Piquet's idea from the beginning.

Fourthly, he joined McLaren probably under the proviso he would be number 1 in the team, and when Lewis started winning a bit, McLaren through all their effort behind Lewis despite the two being 50-50 for most of the year.

Fifthly, Alonso has the right to be annoyed at Petrov at Abu Dhabi, there was a tiny little thing they were racing for called the Formula 1 world championship that was on the line, Petrov (I'd argue to the track, but anyway) was the primary reason he lost the championship. He sorta has the right to complain as it cost him and his team millions and millions of dollars. Webber spent the whole race behind stuck cars, he was probably highly annoyed as well, but just didn't show it (publicly).

Now I have became an Alonso fanboy this year, I hate almost all Spanish sportspeople. But Alonso is leading a championship in a car most pundits said wouldn't even get a sniff of a podium. I am not trying to change your opinion of him, but a lot of the "attitude" issues you hate about him have quite irrational explanations, or, as I pointed out with the first 3, were based on incorrect facts. As webbsy said, many of the personality traits have been behind the best drivers. Senna, Prost both had the attitude traits you mentioned. They have 7 championships between them and are 2 of the top 5 drivers who have existed.

Agree with all except for Abu Dhabi. It's a race, not a parade. No car has to get out of the way of the others, and if that suddenly becomes ok in the final race then you have to be ok with it every other race. Every race is worth the same amount of points, and everyone is fighting for those points.

Alonso lost that title because Ferrari panicked and reacted to Red Bull putting Webber off strategy and pitted Alonso to cover Mark. They knowingly compromised him and put him back in the pack at a time when passing in F1 was extremely difficult. Ferraris poor strategy cost Alonso that title, not Petrov - Petrov was just doing what they should all be doing, racing.

As for Alonsos attitude, he's a bit of a moaner but that doesn't bother me. He's made some incredible drives this year, but that Ferrari isn't as bad as it was at the begining of the year that's for sure. However what does bug me about Alonso is the whining when it rains. He sits in the pit box moaning that the conditions are undriveable then sticks it on pole. Now I appreciate the fantastic lap he pulled out, that truly was stunning, however to claim the track was undriveable was complete horse shit. Not only was it driveable, it wasn't even close to requiring a red flag.

It seems that if we want an honest opinion on how wet a track is now days we need to ask Lewis.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:28 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Red Bull called to the stewards regarding power delivery. Potentially an issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:39 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Adam Copper via Twitter wrote:
Red Bull under investigation by the FIA for what is basically illegal off throttle blowing of the diffuser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:59 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

I'm rather confused by that statement.

edit: makes sense now re the blown advantages.

Last edited by Ospi on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

thankfully there are the technically gifted who understand this stuff. Could be a mental GP if both RBR have to start at the back.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:21 am 

if Hamilton got thrown out of Q in Spain, than I see no reason why RBR should not get the same punishment for a breach which is much graver.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:24 am 

Would certainly be entertaining to see them both fight from the back. That being said, they aren't idiots at RBR and I am sure they knew the scrutineers would check these things, so they must have something up their sleeve.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Niki Lauda will do the podium interviews today by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 am 

Oh lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:56 am 

So is that the 'treat' FOM was talking about earlier this week...?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:02 am 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Italian_Grand_Prix

Also a minor point (because I would never claim Trulli was better than Alonso), he was ahead when he finished with Renault.

I would argue that perhaps Trulli has one of the highest peaks of any driver on the grid, but can only acheive it for such a small time and without any consistency to make it slightly useless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Autosport tweeting that Red Bull will be sent to the back.

There goes this motor race.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:28 am 

That will be interesting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:31 am 

RtN wrote:
Autosport tweeting that Red Bull will be sent to the back.

There goes this motor race.
Goes where? To me it will hopefully add a different and exciting element to the race.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2250 Next