TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1222 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 61 62 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeister wrote:
McNish saying the Maldonado/Perez incident was a 50/50 racing incident.

Normally I would agree, but its Maldonado, he doesn't have "Racing incidents" he just has INCIDENTS. He has the racing brain the size of a pea.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeister wrote:

He's doing her for sure :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It was a good race, despite not a lot of action at Vale of where I am sitting.

Only saw Vettel locking up to get past Massa. Plus Vettel went past Button before Vale. But I did see Petrov's engine went pop when he exited Stowe.

I couldn't really follow what happening on the TV screens but there were some battles.

Expected rain so I put on three layers and my raincoat. What did I get? Sunburn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:35 pm 

webbsy wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

hahahaa :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
If anything, Maldonado needs to be sat out. Yes he won, but the rest of the time he's been running into people.

Maldonado's fast though - he consistently outperformed Senna. Just needs to tidy up his driving and realise that the race isn't won over a single corner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:31 pm 

Enjoyed the weekend despite the cock ups from Silverstone. Shame McLaren couldn't do better, but at least Lewis pleased the crowd again at Stowe. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:47 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Anyone at the track suffer from 3g/mobile web failure?

We were supposed to read out tweets from the various F1inpubs attendees who were at silverstone on the podcast but got nothing but a blanket radio silence from them all weekend...

I guess when there's over 100,000 people tweeting and texting all in one place then its bound to put pressure on any network...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Anyone at the track suffer from 3g/mobile web failure?

We were supposed to read out tweets from the various F1inpubs attendees who were at silverstone on the podcast but got nothing but a blanket radio silence from them all weekend...

I guess when there's over 100,000 people tweeting and texting all in one place then its bound to put pressure on any network...

Yep, struggled to get reception on O2 and T-Mobile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:10 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

benji_boy2000 wrote:
webbsy wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

hahahaa :D

Is there a pic of what he is refering too? 8O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I was struggling with signal too.

Amazing weekend for me, so humbled to be there. Brilliant opportunity for the future. Watched the start from the cafe, amazing view! Traffic out of the circuit wasn't too bad, took an hour and a quarter to get to the M40 but that's to be expected.

Off now until the end of July, enjoy the German GP & thanks for sharing this with me :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Echti wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
McNish saying the Maldonado/Perez incident was a 50/50 racing incident.

I agree with McNish here but remember Schumacher was fully blamed for a similar accident there last year with Kobayashi: Kamui went around the outside while Schumacher lost a bit of grip and basically slid into the Sauber. The same happened to Pastor today although it was a wet track last year...

Sorry for M. McNish, but I don't see how Perez can be anything but 0% responsible, unless you consider the mere fact of existing on the racetrack as an offense or a contribution to an incident???? :?

Maldonado is an asshole. Not so much because of his poor driving when racing other cars (everyone makes those silly mistakes at some point) but for how he never, ever takes the blame even when the images are blatantly against him. In Monaco it was the cold tyres having too much grip, and now it's cold tyres having not enough grip?

I have no respect whatsoever for him, which means jackshit since I'm just a viewer; but I'm sure many drivers on the field are starting to feel the same, and that will matter for his future races.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

coldtyre wrote:
Echti wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
I have no respect whatsoever for him, which means jackshit since I'm just a viewer; but I'm sure many drivers on the field are starting to feel the same, and that will matter for his future races.

Judging by Perez's comments after the incident, seems like that might already be the case...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:46 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I think McNish meant more it wasn't REALLY a bad move by Maldanado. It was his fault, but mistakes happen and if you look at it as an isolated incident then it's not really too bad.

However with Pastor there are no more isolated incidents. These mistakes keep coming and he shows no sign of improving. So should this be treated the same way as it would be if it was other drivers? Had it been Alonso and Webber and Alonso had made that mistake and Webber got tagged, should that be treated the same? I don't think so. Drivers history and driving record need to be looked at when these incidents happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As it would be a "50/50" incident I'd like to understand what are the 50% by Perez. What I saw was him making a common overtaking manouvre, keeping himself at the same line whilst Maldonado whiped his car. I don't regard what Maldonado did as a deliberate move, but he could be way more careful and respectful to a driver who was faster than him at that moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can find similarities to Montoya/Coulthard clash in Nürburgring 2002 there.

- Driver went to overtake from the outside
- Driver on the inside lost control
- As a consequence he hit car on the outside

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I found it slightly awkward that Maldonado only got a reprimand for this, especially since the official document from the race control states "Causing a collision with Car 15 Sergio Perez." as a fact and this has resulted in (at least) a grid penalty or a drive trough in the past. Maldonado caused 3 bigger collisions in 4 races and gets a reprimand now. Where is the consistency in that!? You know I'm not a fan of penalties as basically all incidents we have seen in the past were "racing incident" related. But seeing that a Michael Schumacher for example instanly got a grid penatly after the accident at Spain and Maldonado got away from it at Silverstone now (who cares if he has to pay 10.000 bucks) makes me just furious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aren't they going a bit overboard with these penalty's anyway? This is racing, contact happens. This year I've only seen a couple of actions that really deserved a penalty or fine. Maldonado made a mistake yesterday but no way he did that on purpose. It seems nowadays every contact needs to result in a penalty for 1 of the 2 drivers, and that's wrong.

Only if it really was a stupid move, like Vergne cutting of Kovalainen in Valencia, that was clearly his fault and unnecessary. But most other incidents between 2 drivers are just racing incidents that need to be left alone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:12 pm 

They should set a precedent and stick to it, permanent stewards would probably be a good idea as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That particular incident perhaps didn't warrant a penalty (although Schumacher got one for similar last year) but it's the latest in a series of avoidable accidents he's caused and hasn't be adequately punished for ... I think I posted elsewhere that it was a racing incident (these things do happen) but it wasn't 50:50 because Sergio was leaving Pastor more than enough space, and it was entirely Pastor's mistake that caused the collision ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racing incident, get over it. Valencia incident was a little ambitious but given 1 lap to go, it's understandable. Monaco was deserving (of punishment) though.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1222 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 61 62 Next