Webber 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Grosjean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Raikkonen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vettel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 69
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Although I think there wasn't actually a "farce" today, I went for Kobayashi. I expected better from the Saubers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:52 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Omega wrote:
Although I think there wasn't actually a "farce" today, I went for Kobayashi. I expected better from the Saubers

Same pick for me, Kobayashi seems to be having a difficult season and Sauber needs to forget their past strategy to do long runs with harder tyres. Clearly it's not working. It didn't pay off in China and it didn't pay off in Bahrain.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rosberg should've been penalized for almost causing two accidents. I've never seen him drive like that. So, yes I voted for Rosberg.

Last edited by iks on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
So, somebody voted for Massa, this seems a clear troll to me. Are you mods still revealing the votes? Maybe the guy who voted for Massa could give a reason for it

does it really matter? I mean, really? It's just a poll ffs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
So, somebody voted for Massa, this seems a clear troll to me. Are you mods still revealing the votes? Maybe the guy who voted for Massa could give a reason for it

Trolling the polls is against the rules. And I am also curious about the reasons that leaded someone to vote for Massa as it was clear for me he was no way the worst driver of day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
iks wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:

Trolling the polls is against the rules. And I am also curious about the reasons that leaded someone to vote for Massa as it was clear for me he was no way the worst driver of day.

Jeez, who cares. Someone voted for Webber too, don't know what he did wrong to make him the farce. Don't care, it's not the same as giving a fantastic race a 0. In F1 not every mistake needs a penalty, here not every opinion needs a witch hunt.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ryan86 wrote:
Did Ricciardo break his wing against Heikki? If so, he's driven into the back of someone that started 10 places behind on the grid.

Well, not to detract from your point but the BBC replay showed Heikki driving around the outside of Daniel at the double apexed left hander and then cutting in on him, so I wouldn't say the accident was his fault, but yeah, atrocious first lap.
What, did he take lessons from how to fuck up a race start from his countryman? :yuk:

For me I'm actually going to give this award to FOM for their petulant, childish attitude to Force India caring about their team members more than towing the FIA party line.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:23 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

You know who seemed shit this weekend, though I wasn't really paying much attention to say if there was any reasons, but Timo Glock.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Ricciardo for me, he really fudged this one up. Webber was also incredibly disappointing. Not a good day for the ol Aussies.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:36 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ryan86 wrote:
You know who seemed shit this weekend, though I wasn't really paying much attention to say if there was any reasons, but Timo Glock.

Is he still in the sport?

I'm sure he must've done something to annoy Bernie because the amount of TV coverage he's picked up this year is bordering on the milleseconds tbh.

I guess in a way that's good, he's not crashed, which is about the only way a Marussia would be able to get on TV, but he's not exactly doing anything giantkilling either is he?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If driver: Rosberg

If team: Hamilton's team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:16 am 

Rosberg and the post race stewarding of the FIA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I voted rosberg for his shitty start and his stupid blocking moves.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 am 

Omega wrote:
Jeez, who cares. Someone voted for Webber too, don't know what he did wrong to make him the farce. Don't care, it's not the same as giving a fantastic race a 0. In F1 not every mistake needs a penalty, here not every opinion needs a witch hunt.

Yeah, me neither. I mean, he only finished 26 seconds behind his team mate who won the race.

Imagine if Alonso was in Vettel's position and Massa on Webber's.........

I'm also entirely against witch hunt, I just think that trolling is not what the polls are intended too. Massa clearly has been the most ridiculous and underperforming driver in F1 for quite some time, but he was maybe even faster than Alonso today, despite Ferrari not helping him the way they helped Alonso in China with his strategy, so how can somebody pick him?! The only reason I can see is trolling and childish hatred towards the guy

I think that everybody votes with bias, to some extent, but when somebody have this amount of bias, maybe shouldn't corrupt the poll, imho.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 am 

Yeah, "Farce" is quite a harsh term. But it's undeniable that Mark had way less pace than Sebastian yesterday. IIRC, this was the first time of the year that this happened. Mark is quite good this season. But if we start taking the harshness of "farce" term, then it will be really hard to nominate drivers.

Taking Massa as the blatant example, in some of the ocasions he was voted, by 90%, as farce, he was not that much worse than Mark was today. Maybe he had some more clumpsy moments, but not much else.

This year, I would argue that the teams are being much more "farcical", with their silly errors and strategies, than drivers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Webber was slower than his team mate yes. 11 other drivers were beaten by their team mate. The guy who finished 4th without being in troubles or mistakes doesn't deserve the marking of "worst driver of all 24 starters". Farce of the race is for someone who was the most disappointing racer of the weekend. Webber and Massa don't deserve that title in Bahrain. That is my opinion, I don't need to burn alive someone who thinks something else. Unless you Artur Craft voted for Webber. Then I want you to hang next to the Massa voter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is why I was unhappy to see the "farce of the race" polls start, and even more unhappy to see the practice of exposing votes become regular. Polls are entirely unscientific and can't be taken too seriously, which is what is bound to happen if they're used on negative topics regularly. It's just asking for regular bitchfests, which generally I think TBK is above.

And using admin powers to call people out for votes the majority wouldn't approve of kinda makes me concerned for what else admins will use their powers to do. Sure trolling is bullshit but with the private membership here it's minimal, and not worth this kind of invasiveness.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:51 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
And using admin powers to call people out for votes the majority wouldn't approve of kinda makes me concerned for what else admins will use their powers to do. Sure trolling is bullshit but with the private membership here it's minimal, and not worth this kind of invasiveness.

Well, before I would have agreed with you, but having been offered a mod decision, I took a few hours of my first day to read through the moderators section and see how they came to decisions. A lot of controversial decisions that I didn't agree with, I seen how it was decided between the staff, and even when they disagreed with each other. I know it means jack coming from a 'staff' member, but decisions aren't taken lightly. There's a fair bit of discussion goes on.

The only reason the admins post the poll voters is because people take advantage of the anonymity which phpBB offers, purely through lack of features. Other software (vB for example) offer the choice to make polls public. phpBB doesn't offer this, and the only addon is an unofficial plugin which allow admin to see it (and even then, the plugin is buggy) so the only thing that can be done to replicate a feature that other software has, is to do it this way. It also isn't a privacy violation if it is considered trolling, and has been publicly announced that this will happen should it be abused.

This isn't about slightly strange votes, such as voting Massa for this weekend. It's about people who vote for the race winner as the farce, or rate a race as 1/10 just because Vettel won. Whilst polls aren't scientific, all that's being asked is for people to be grown up and sensible with them. This forum is extremely loosely moderated compared to most (even the post you just made, on ten tenths would get you warnings), and I don't think asking people not to fuck with the polls just because they can hide there name is too much to ask.

--------------------------

As for Farce of the Race - voting for Webber is perhaps very harsh. But he finished 38 seconds (not 25) behind his team mate who won the race. That's pretty massive. That's about 7 tenths a lap slower, every lap. He was probably not the worst in the race, not by a long shot, but he was by no means good, and not even average - he was poor. The time behind says more than the position.

Massa really doesn't deserve the Farce of the Race however. He finished 9th, 2 positions behind Alonso, and only 5 seconds behind. I don't recall any issues for Fernando other than the altercation with Rosberg, but even then he wasn't faster than Rosberg anyway so not much was lost. Massa wasn't great, and he didn't 'match' Alonso, but he was not a farce.

To emphasis my point again - Ricciardo lost 10 positions in just half a lap. He then managed to hit the back of a car which started 10 spots behind him (arguably Heikkis fault), did not gain 1 single position after that, and was the only car outside of the 'new teams' to go a lap down. The front wing needing changed actually lost him no positions. He was already last of the proper teams purely through his own fault.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:

It's not invasive. vBulletin boards include this functionality out of the box. vBulletin, in an ideal world, would be the software I'd use for the forum as it has lots of functions that phpBB3 doesn't that would come in handy.

I could make it invasive by listing all voters along with the IP address they used to cast the vote with but I don't. Nor do I reveal everyone's votes (which I could but don't).

None of this is done to wind up people, but to ensure that people aren't trolling. Which, as I'm sure you've read, is against the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
This isn't about slightly strange votes, such as voting Massa for this weekend. It's about people who vote for the race winner as the farce, or rate a race as 1/10 just because Vettel won. Whilst polls aren't scientific, all that's being asked is for people to be grown up and sensible with them. This forum is extremely loosely moderated compared to most (even the post you just made, on ten tenths would get you warnings), and I don't think asking people not to fuck with the polls just because they can hide there name is too much to ask.

--------------------------

As for Farce of the Race - voting for Webber is perhaps very harsh. But he finished 38 seconds (not 25) behind his team mate who won the race. That's pretty massive. That's about 7 tenths a lap slower, every lap. He was probably not the worst in the race, not by a long shot, but he was by no means good, and not even average - he was poor. The time behind says more than the position.

Massa really doesn't deserve the Farce of the Race however. He finished 9th, 2 positions behind Alonso, and only 5 seconds behind. I don't recall any issues for Fernando other than the altercation with Rosberg, but even then he wasn't faster than Rosberg anyway so not much was lost. Massa wasn't great, and he didn't 'match' Alonso, but he was not a farce.

To emphasis my point again - Ricciardo lost 10 positions in just half a lap. He then managed to hit the back of a car which started 10 spots behind him (arguably Heikkis fault), did not gain 1 single position after that, and was the only car outside of the 'new teams' to go a lap down. The front wing needing changed actually lost him no positions. He was already last of the proper teams purely through his own fault.

This is basicly what I was trying to say.