TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Both the 51 and the 71 are red ;)

If you check the footage you see the second red Ferrari about 2-3 cars behind Joey Hand. Question is whether that was the 51 or the 71. (I've just woken up so I've not had the chance to read up) You can see that after Hand gets punted off the track, the second red Ferrari does not pass through, so he must have spun or something. In any case, it was Bruni's 51 that had the advertising board attached to his car at the end, so the only thing unclear to me is how Beretta fell back so much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

After being a bit more awake and rewatching, yes indeed it is the #51 (Bruni) that spins out Hand, and Beretta in the #71 also spins in avoidance letting the #03 Corvette through. Hand had already got going again before the #03 came past. So there is your final order.

I assume race control is looking at the Bruni-Hand contact though... and surely a harsh penalty must be handed out.. you cannot have a car that many laps down trying to take out the leader to help out his team-mate. Or at least that's how it appears.

What a brilliant GT race though... what a great final few hours.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bruni was fined $15,000 for that incident.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I hope they get a points penalty in the next WEC races somehow, because that was such a low move. I lost a lot of respect for Bruni, didn't know he was capable of such things.

Great win for Hand and Jonathan Summerton, impressive talents. I hope Joey does well in DTM.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Quotes from the winners after the race: http://www.alms.com/articles/audi-wins- ... ce-sebring

I'm always amazed with ALMS races how civil and forgiving everyone is after blatant take-out manoeuvres, and how no one gets penalised. Hand had every right to ask for penalties against AF Corse, but didn't even mention it. Kinda surprising for a move that would be penalized even in BTCC.

In the ESPN3 interview Hand wasn't so civil and said something like "I was ready to take him out", apparently still thinking it was Beretta and not Bruni?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StanV wrote:
Both the 51 and the 71 are red ;)

D'oh!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bruni deserved an ass-kicking from the entire BMW pitcrew for that move. Pathetic and pre-meditated cheating to try and win it for his team mate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Quotes from the winners after the race: http://www.alms.com/articles/audi-wins- ... ce-sebring

I'm always amazed with ALMS races how civil and forgiving everyone is after blatant take-out manoeuvres, and how no one gets penalised. Hand had every right to ask for penalties against AF Corse, but didn't even mention it. Kinda surprising for a move that would be penalized even in BTCC.

Americans in motorsport generally don't ask for penalties, at least from what I've seen. We just get the person back at a later date.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:12 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Beaver Dragon wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Americans in motorsport generally don't ask for penalties, at least from what I've seen. We just get the person back at a later date.

Americans are certainly less penalty happy than the European equivalents, but there is also a LOT more trash talking in American motorsports to (whether that's a good or bad thing is up to an individual to decide), but ALMS seems to be the odd one out there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Where was the payback on Bergmeister by Magnussen after Laguna Seca 2009?

As Ellis said I think it's a phenomenon particular to ALMS, and what mainly strikes me is the lack of any action taken by the controlling body for incidents like this one and Magnussen's crash.

Last edited by Philthy82 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
Woodski wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Neither are American..?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
Woodski wrote:

Neither are American..?

I'm not saying this is an American driver thing (besides NASCAR and Indycar pretty much disprove that and Bruni isn't American either), it's an ALMS thing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:04 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Controversy aside, was it really that wise by Corvette to release Beretta? He seems to have a lot of speed in him yet!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Bruni was fined $15,000 for that incident.

and excluded from the results.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Eddington mains wrote:
OK... was asleep (but it is 3.16 am here now!)... what happened to Karun?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98216 :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Since it was mentioned in the crash videos thread, I'll post it here.

Made it onto TV during the race, this was during the long yellow flag while Hindy was giving kudos to the marshals. I'm the dude on the right.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So the truth comes out! Letting the other marshal do all the hard work while you sip on a drink. Slacker! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

Philthy82 wrote:
Woodski wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

As Ellis said I think it's a phenomenon particular to ALMS, and what mainly strikes me is the lack of any action taken by the controlling body for incidents like this one and Magnussen's crash.

I think Jörg had a flashback to Sebring the year before (at least fairly recent) where he got muscled into the wall by a Corvette, and thought to himself "Fuck that!" :p

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14