TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous 148 49 50 51 52 53 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:48 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Schu :thumbsup:

Hamilton for asshole of the race. 17th race in a row - new record :8:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not sure where Massa was supposed to go though given its such a high speed entry. Would a driver put his nose down the inside of another car on the entry of lets say Pouhon and expect the other guy to lift and go wide? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, because Pouhon and Turn 5 are the same things.

Anyway, I missed this earlier:
"Also, what price a red button option in which you can have Rowan Atkinson's reaction to every incident through the season?"
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
Yeah, because Pouhon and Turn 5 are the same things.

Anyway, I missed this earlier:
"Also, what price a red button option in which you can have Rowan Atkinson's reaction to every incident through the season?"

Turn 5 has a 215-220 kmh entry speed. Maybe thats a low speed corner in your world, where the driver on the outside can go wide, lift his skirt up and bend over if another guy has a brain fart and decided to chuck his nose down the inside without thinking of the consequences. Just don't think it was very wise by Lewis to stick his nose into a space, knowing that he was in Massa's blindspot, in a corner where theres really only one line through as Martin said.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well you have different circumstances as well. Pouhon is much faster and has a fast, sweeping entry that requires little braking. Turn 5 requires braking, and it is a medium speed corner admittedly. However, Turn 4 is much slower than Liege, meaning that Hamilton had great traction out of the corner and had a chance into Turn 5, something that's more difficult between Liege and Pouhon. I still say its 50-50, but the two corners aren't really comparable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well I wasn't trying to say they're 100% comparable. They're not. But the point remains that if its a highspeed corner (or a medium speed one in this case) you can't really expect the guy on the outside to react in time. Especially when its a track as dirty as this with only one line through. Sure it might've worked if it was an ultra slow speed hairpin but an experienced racer like Lewis should know better than that. In this case he put his car into an area where he put ALL the onus on the other guy as if to say 'Right ok, I'm going for it then...you decide whether we crash or not Felipe.'

At the end of the day they should've just left it without any penalties issued, hate to see one driver singled out in an incident like this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, of course. But then there's the otherside too. Felipe could have been smarter, braked earlier and avoided the collision. Lewis, braking on the inside on the dust, would probably have slid wide and enabled Felipe to regain the position.

Just a case of a driver who's been shit since he got walloped on the head against one who seems as if he's been walloped on the head since the start of the year

Anyway, subtle Seb, subtle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

People commented on a cloud near the start of the race.

Kobayashi retired because of 'smoke and fire' coming from the rear of the car, ie, engine failure.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seemed he lunched the engine trying to spin turn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:38 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

phil1993 wrote:

Felipe Massa: Not as angry as the media want him to be.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Schumi! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did I miss something? What did Schumacher do to deserves all those votes?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
Yeah, of course. But then there's the otherside too. Felipe could have been smarter, braked earlier and avoided the collision. Lewis, braking on the inside on the dust, would probably have slid wide and enabled Felipe to regain the position.

I don't think Massa could see in his mirrors just how far along Hamilton was. I honestly think Lewis was in his blindspot at that stage. But I do agree with you, Smedley or someone should've been on the radio warning Massa and telling him to ease up and keep room on the inside. Its hard to pin all the blame on one driver, so I'm going to say 50-50.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:17 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

The guys at the pits are not going to radio it during an intense fight, all that would do is create a distraction for the driver. These are F1 drivers, they shouldn't need live coaching as they drive. Racing incident, big deal, move on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:38 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Shaddix wrote:
Did I miss something? What did Schumacher do to deserves all those votes?

Slowly starting to fulful his and others expectations, which is a great relief for himself and especially for his fans. I believe he still got a few :p

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Karan wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

I don't think Massa could see in his mirrors just how far along Hamilton was. I honestly think Lewis was in his blindspot at that stage. But I do agree with you, Smedley or someone should've been on the radio warning Massa and telling him to ease up and keep room on the inside. Its hard to pin all the blame on one driver, so I'm going to say 50-50.

The only problem is that when Hamilton admitted that he couldn't see Massa out of his mirrors, Massa said he could see perfectly fine and has no problems seeing everything behind him (Suzuka). He didn't give room to Hamilton as soon as he got alongside him. Hamilton should've kept his nose in and not tried to back off but I personally disagree with the argument that that wasn't a place to overtake. The only place that you cannot overtake at is a yellow flagged zone, no more no less. I thought it's what racing is all about???

I do agree it's a 50-50 incident. But people (Ham included) have been penalized for much less if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
Just posted this on Atlas (probably a mistake), but might as well post it here too:

Their collisions have set a worrying precedent, and I'm talking about Massa here.

Massa has had a pretty terrible year, some of it self-enforced, some of it caused by other drivers (and in particular Lewis). However, he's slowly starting to turn paranoid and refuse to accept any blame for his collisions. Like yesterday, he didn't blame the fact he made a mistake and had been running wide all weekend, he demanded they alter the track. Yet 23 cars didn't do the same thing.

Whilst its worrying to see a driver so depressed and down such as Lewis, it's equally worrying for a driver to continually ignore his own deficiencies and completely reject any criticism of him as it shows a disrespect for other competitors.

Drivers not accepting blame for incidents that are blatantly their fault? That precident was set a long time ago. See Schumacher, Michael.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:21 am 

It is Massa's fault 100%. Seriously, Massa could well see him and he should well do so too after blocking Hamilton on the previous straight, meaing, he WAS aware. Period. End of story. Oh but furthermore, may be Massa even intentionally did this to Hamilton knowing he is already in a weak spot after a streak of accidents so Massa took the risk thinking Hamilton would do whatever he could do avoid yet another clash, but it went wrong.

However, the real problem was not the clash, but the penalty. When did you see such accidents get penalized before? Very seldom. Such accidents happen almost all the time in motorsport due to the driver in front being stupid/unaware by ignoring wherever drivers behind were. But this is usually something drivers settle themselves after the race, not a drive through penalty.Then I look at who was the race steward. It was Johnny Herbert. Then the problem was clear.

It is understandable of patriotism and those blatant biased comments by the two BBC former drivers for they are all confined to the national boundaries. However, the race director role gave those British drivers an extra chance to vent their patriotic ambitions on the international stage. From Michael Schumacher's 25 seconds penalty at Monaco or 10 seconds stop and go penalty at Silverstone to yesterday's Massa drive through. What was seen was not conventional penalty or professionalism, but nepotism or favoritism. This whole race stewarding almost became a witch hunt farce.

The FIA should either hire in equal proportion of drivers from different countries, hire one driver professional enough to be neutral or at least give consistent penalties, or discard the idea of having drivers in the race directing room all together.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

if you watch it Onboard it's 100% Lewis Fault. He was more than half of a car behind, off line, and in a place noone overtake, Massa was in front and just doing his line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfYAfQTaCXY

said that, i hate massa :flag:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous 148 49 50 51 52 53 Next