TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

2012 will be a transition year for them anyway, what with a new design team that was formed fairly late and the new engines. They just cannot afford another terrible season. Financially, their plan is probably designed on being 6th/7th in the championship, so finishing 9th will hurt them; much like it did Renault a few years back.

You'd like to think they can move forward to at least 8th next year, but you never know. Caterham aren't far behind and if they can bolt KERS on then they'll be closer.

Eras come and go in F1: right now, it's Red Bull's era. 10 years ago that team existed as Jaguar and Williams was winning races and fighting at the front. Who knows what will happen in 10 years time. Red Bull won't be around forever, Lotus will eventually realise that money doesn't grow on trees and Mercedes will tire of funding a team that finishes 4th all the time. Williams are riding the bad times now and will reap success in the future. I'd agree that its difficult to see them reaching the heights of the mid-80s to 90s again, but honestly, anything can happen. Frank is frequently in the Middle East and if he can find one of those rich Sheikhs who currently fund the likes of Man City & PSG, then who knows...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:43 pm 
The most anticipated member

There are lots of rumours coming out, like the one that Williams would be negotiating with Embratel (that currently sponsors Bruno Senna) or almost getting a deal with Qatari National Bank. It's sad because Williams haven't started 2012 year yet, only one driver confirmed - major pay driver by the way (PDVSA) - no second big sponsorship confirmed so far....when is 2012 begining for Williams? And will it survive through the year?

If there's sponsorship for Marussia, Caterham and even HRT, there must be investments on Williams, why not? Why wouldn't someone big invest on Williams? It's weird specially because Williams should never go out searching and asking for sponsorships but sponsorships that should go and ask permission to invest on the team. There's a big lose of respect to one of F1's most important teams. We're not dealing with HRT or Minardi, we're talking about Williams...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well with Caterham, their main sponsor is a company which is owned by Fernandes himself.

Williams has a lot of sponsors, just not a main sponsor
http://www.williamsf1.com/team/partners

HRT just has BASE, TATA and one or two others.

To answer the question on why you wouldn't sponsor Williams. Well, at the moment, if you had millions to invest would you want your company's logos on a team that is currently in a slump at the back of the midfield?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:20 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96883

Typical FIA, obviously been harassed by the teams/drivers into backing down a bit.

The rule they announced before Christmas was fine and fair, one move to defend your position, that's good enough, you've sacrificed the racing line in order to try and keep your position.

This rule will just add more of a grey area. In the old days the "I was just regaining my racing line" excuse was always used as justification to making two blocks and this will go along the same lines.

Just annoying because the original rule change was clear, this change to the change will add slightly more wiggle room for the drivers to take the piss.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:39 pm 

Just saw on Dutch TV that the former F1 "driver" Jos Verstappen has been taken in custody for (once again) assaulting a woman. Few days ago he ran over her on purpose breaking several bones in her body. What a idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ellu wrote:
Just saw on Dutch TV that the former F1 "driver" Jos Verstappen has been taken in custody for (once again) assaulting a woman. Few days ago he ran over her on purpose breaking several bones in her body. What a idiot.

[Harsh mode] Maybe if his car got the traction control he could've done a better job [/harshmode]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ellu wrote:

I see he's moved on from monkey wreches to the skull.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What is it with 1994 Benetton drivers lately?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lol, first he slaps children and now he slaps woman, classy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

What a guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm 

Fish88 wrote:
Lol, first he slaps children and now he slaps woman, classy.

Children? When what where?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96883

Typical FIA, obviously been harassed by the teams/drivers into backing down a bit.

The rule they announced before Christmas was fine and fair, one move to defend your position, that's good enough, you've sacrificed the racing line in order to try and keep your position.

This rule will just add more of a grey area. In the old days the "I was just regaining my racing line" excuse was always used as justification to making two blocks and this will go along the same lines.

Just annoying because the original rule change was clear, this change to the change will add slightly more wiggle room for the drivers to take the piss.
This kind of rule will for sure cause many polemic decisions during 2012, it will allways depend on how the officials will judge the move. Another bad decision by FIA, and that's happening constantly last years, just hope they find a way to make it fair and square for the season oppener in Melbourne.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
Well with Caterham, their main sponsor is a company which is owned by Fernandes himself.

Williams has a lot of sponsors, just not a main sponsor
http://www.williamsf1.com/team/partners

HRT just has BASE, TATA and one or two others.

To answer the question on why you wouldn't sponsor Williams. Well, at the moment, if you had millions to invest would you want your company's logos on a team that is currently in a slump at the back of the midfield?

Also, If you have 1 million to spend your name will be bigger on a HRT or Virgin-Marussia than it will be on a Williams. Mainly due to historical reputation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Buemi confirmed as reserve driver for both Red Bull and Toro Rosso.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Alguersuari's more worthy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa but I don't think he wants to deal with Red Bull any more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:48 pm 

Buemi has proved to be the good boy I think, not necessarily the fastest but he behaved the way Helmut Marko wants young drivers to behave.

Alguersari has been a little more outspoken. With Alguersari it is also more often all or nothing. Alguersari is in my opinion a racer with a little more character compared to Buemi.

Anyhow, Buemi shouldn't be happy with the role. This is a firm relegation for him as he will almost never drive the car.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That's a shame for Jaime as I thought he was more suited for that seat.

So where will he go then? HRT due to the Spanish connections? But I doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good decision by Red Bull. If Vettel or Webber become unable to drive, then promoting Vergne or Ricciardo would upset the order. Buemi isn't a huge threat to anyone but he is a safe pair of hands. They obviously know him well from several years of simulator work and maybe they value his work too.

Anyway, here's Kimi's seat fitting

And time for shameless plugging
http://shortyawards.com/category/f1
http://t.co/NMglTXVz

Please :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Williams news; Saward is reporting that Williams is close to a deal with QTel, a Qatar-based telecommunications company.

QTel's logo is blue and white, which would allow the team to retain a similar livery.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5261 Next