TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 182 83 84 85 86140 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Snowball Derby was supposed to be run yesterday but has been postponed until tomorrow due to heavy rains.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Already making plans to race the Super Late Model portion of the National event at Bristol.

Although it will be a challenge no doubt just to make the feature, I can't pass up that opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2017 NWMT schedule is out.
http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt/story ... r_12062016

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:01 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

racer612008 wrote:

That's a pretty sad looking schedule for a "Unified" Modified Tour. The Southern contingent includes a joke track (Charlotte), a Cup track (Bristol), a lone local track (Myrtle Beach), and a "TBA" race. So the same number of races as Thompson has this season. When a touring series goes to a single track for nearly a quarter of their season, the health of the series isn't looking too good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SWMT was hot garbage anyway.

3/4 of their races were at Caraway, and the caliber of driver to come out of the series is a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Christian Eckes is the official winner of the Snowball Derby after a clean last-lap pass on John Hunter Nemechek. Eckes cleared post-race inspection and was declared the winner as I was typing this. Stephen Naase caused a lot of controversy after he retaliated against William Byron after a wreck and slammed into the side of his car during a caution.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The margin of victory was .017 seconds. Sounds like it was a great finish between Eckes and Nemechek.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:07 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Ricky Brooks is slipping. He can't make a name for himself by letting the winner pass tech.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe A wrote:
Ricky Brooks is slipping. He can't make a name for himself by letting the winner pass tech.

I don't think he DQ'd a winner all weekend, that I know of.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 pm 

Damn, he needs to step his game up.

Either that, or everyone's been scared straight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Taylor wrote:
racer612008 wrote:

That's a pretty sad looking schedule for a "Unified" Modified Tour. The Southern contingent includes a joke track (Charlotte), a Cup track (Bristol), a lone local track (Myrtle Beach), and a "TBA" race. So the same number of races as Thompson has this season. When a touring series goes to a single track for nearly a quarter of their season, the health of the series isn't looking too good.

I said the same thing to Oswego Speedway PR Director about the ISMA tour. When your track is hosting over a quarter of the tour races and your gate price is driving people away maybe you should think about not having that tour come to town.

Lo and Behold... Two years later at the vaunted King of Wings race is gone from the schedule and the defending ISMA tour title winner is going to race weekly for the Oswego Track Championship.

These "tours" that only have two, maybe three real stronghold race tracks are a money pit for all concerned. Do the modifieds draw well at Seekonk and Riverhead? They had an OK crowd at Oswego last year but I think that was more to do with it being Classic Weekend and great weather than it did with the NASCAR modifieds being there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
Taylor wrote:
racer612008 wrote:

I said the same thing to Oswego Speedway PR Director about the ISMA tour. When your track is hosting over a quarter of the tour races and your gate price is driving people away maybe you should think about not having that tour come to town.

Lo and Behold... Two years later at the vaunted King of Wings race is gone from the schedule and the defending ISMA tour title winner is going to race weekly for the Oswego Track Championship.

These "tours" that only have two, maybe three real stronghold race tracks are a money pit for all concerned. Do the modifieds draw well at Seekonk and Riverhead? They had an OK crowd at Oswego last year but I think that was more to do with it being Classic Weekend and great weather than it did with the NASCAR modifieds being there.

Yes.

They pack the houses at every track they go to up here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

^ Good to know. It must just be Oswego then that they can't get a good crowd... Or a decent car count. Well, that's not fair. I guess 22-24 cars is decent. I expected more but it is a hike away from their base.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

track construction for the Gateway Dirt Nationals (Late Models & UMP Mods :8: ) at the old St. Louis Rams stadium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer612008 wrote:

track construction for the Gateway Dirt Nationals (Late Models & UMP Mods :8: ) at the old St. Louis Rams stadium

The track at the Edward Jones Dome is 1/5 of a mile. Two drivers took the first laps around the track yesterday. Kenny Wallace in his dirt modified and Gordy Gundaker, was in his dirt late model. Gordy Gundaker's father, Kevin is the promoter at Tri-City Speedway in Illinois. Kevin Gundaker was very much involved in putting this event together. Kevin was a very successful dirt racer in the Midwest and he won a couple of USAC Stock Car events in the early 80's. I know both Kevin and Gordy because Gordy played baseball for my HS Alma Mater and I attend a lot of their games and Kevin was at a lot of the games.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:57 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I decided to make the full 2015 Hampton Heat 200 from Langley Speedway available on youtube:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Phenomenal quality video there. Really nice.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:20 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I've upload another full race to youtube. The 2015 Mischa Sell Memorial Limited Late Model race from Ace Speedway on October 18th. There were two 15 lap heat races to fill out the field and a 100 lap feature with caution laps not being counted. I believe 26 cars started the feature race.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Awesome work as always Taylor!

-

speaking of ACE, I'm not a huge fan of the track (had a bad experience the last time I raced there). But I do hope it has some good days ahead (hate seeing any track having the chance of closing)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It should be mentioned that Scott Bloomquist won the super late model portion of the Gateway Dirt Nationals. The driver I know needed to pass one more car to make the feature but was one of the 2 drivers that got a promoters exemption to race in the feature. He started from the back and finished 11th in the feature.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 182 83 84 85 86140 Next