TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 69140 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Location: Miles from civilizaton or any decent racetrack Minnesota USA
HUGE local modified crash

https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvide ... e=55F4EA02

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:49 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

According to FB, an average speed of 136 MPH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The fuck is that stupid thing?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fucking fast apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Goofball asphalt late model with a sail panel. They used to race those on dirt around here on Run-what-ya-brung night.

Real fucking fast.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Outlaw Late Model with aero additions.

Without the plexi panel they're still wild looking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:33 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Another angle:

dr dog wrote:

Here's a response to that same question from the iRacing forum:
Mike Budzien wrote:
Open Shows are a one-a-year throwback to the infamous "wedge car" era of short track racing from the mid 1980s until the early '90s. Back then rules & regulations for Late Model bodywork mods were virtually nonexistent, and the ones that were hardly got enforced. So when polycarbonate plastics (i.e. Lexan) started to become widely available, short track racers started to figure out that if you attached larger and larger sheets of the stuff to the left door, the sideways aero force would counteract body roll & act like a massive rudder, meaning you could set the cars up insanely stupid loose and they still wouldn't spin or even slide.

Due to rising costs and safety concerns over visibility & driver access in the event one of them got upside down, plus the general ridiculousness some cars were reaching (ending in "Chargin' Charlie" Swartz and Loy Allen Jr.'s mid-engined dirt late models at the Dirt Track World Championships), all the powers-that-be of the time sat down & crafted stricter body rules that made Late Models look like they do today...but some short tracks still to this day will, for one night, throw the rulebook out the window and let drivers and teams craft whatever Frankenstein-ian creations they can come up with for the sole purpose of setting track records.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seekonk could be hosting a Whelen Modified Tour race next year, title sponsor for the race is in place.
http://racechaseronline.com/2015/09/nwm ... vent-2016/

SK Modifieds returning to the North South Shootout this year at Concord.
http://racechaseronline.com/2015/09/sou ... -shootout/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

markmartinfan wrote:
The K&N race at VIR looked so amateur, that includes the broadcast and the racing. Terrible camera placements, out of focus shots, shaky shots, and racing so bad I actually laughed out loud.

Also I can't say I'm a big fan of (pit reporter) Derek Pernesiglio, I worked with him once and he's kind of a douche.

I thought the race was awesome. Sucks they used the short layout though. Looked like Pena was the only guy in the field besides Heckert that knew how to navigate a real technical style road course though. It looks like Kaz Grala is this year's Gray Gaulding, he's been in trouble several times this year for unavoidable contact and pretty much all but admitted he did his best to take Pena out on the last lap. And I agree with the Pernesiglio comment also. His look and voice screams preppy douchebag.

Also, with all the shit Bowman Gray gets on here, did anyone watch the West race from Meridian? It's another 1/4 mile around a football field, but it actually produced two grooves and great side by side racing I thought.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Also, with all the shit Bowman Gray gets on here, did anyone watch the West race from Meridian? It's another 1/4 mile around a football field, but it actually produced two grooves and great side by side racing I thought.

I watched that race and I agree. There was definitely a lot of bumping but there were also 2 legit grooves and actual passing. It was much better than the racing at BG.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From the bits I saw it looked like good racing, alot better then most of the racing at BGS. With that said though, I have seen the outside work somewhat at BGS in some of the longer 150-200 lap races or on restarts (that is more of pinch the inside like hell though)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dr dog wrote:

Here's a response to that same question from the iRacing forum:
Mike Budzien wrote:
Open Shows are a one-a-year throwback to the infamous "wedge car" era of short track racing from the mid 1980s until the early '90s. Back then rules & regulations for Late Model bodywork mods were virtually nonexistent, and the ones that were hardly got enforced. So when polycarbonate plastics (i.e. Lexan) started to become widely available, short track racers started to figure out that if you attached larger and larger sheets of the stuff to the left door, the sideways aero force would counteract body roll & act like a massive rudder, meaning you could set the cars up insanely stupid loose and they still wouldn't spin or even slide.

Due to rising costs and safety concerns over visibility & driver access in the event one of them got upside down, plus the general ridiculousness some cars were reaching (ending in "Chargin' Charlie" Swartz and Loy Allen Jr.'s mid-engined dirt late models at the Dirt Track World Championships), all the powers-that-be of the time sat down & crafted stricter body rules that made Late Models look like they do today...but some short tracks still to this day will, for one night, throw the rulebook out the window and let drivers and teams craft whatever Frankenstein-ian creations they can come up with for the sole purpose of setting track records.

And now for some pics of said mid-engine Dirt Late Models...

Swartz

Allen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hearing Three Palms Speedway (also known as Punta Gorda Speedway and Charlotte County Motorsports Park) in Florida could be shutting down again as the current operators/promoters have been evicted.
http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/14/thre ... s-evicted/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so INEX/US Legends just posted a video of a Legend testing a new engine (apparently it's a water cooled 600cc fuel injected engine). Really hope they keep the 1200cc/1250cc engines legal next year, if not. Then I am screwed.......

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:39 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

I watched the latest round of the NASCAR Euro Series from Magione yesterday. As if the coverage wasn't bad enough already (three trackside cameras and not a particularly good commentator), they replaced the commentator with a French guy and an utterly clueless woman. It was totally cringeworthy. If you want to see bad motorsport coverage, I can't recommend that show enough.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seen some Bowman Gray like shenanigans at Lonesome Pine this weekend. Kirby Gobble was wrecked by Brian Blevins in the Late Model feature, Gobble refused the ambulance and ran on foot down the track right in front of the tow truck, barely avoiding getting hit, mounted the pit wall, continued running on foot down pit road avoiding security to the Blevins pit stall, after getting in the driver window, he was finally pulled away. Gobble, then went to his pit stall, retrieved his jack, walked back to the Blevins pit stall and threw the jack at Blevins car. Gobble finally settled down, but his female companion didn't. She then tried to get involved, was attempted to be restrained by a female track worker, and the track worker got backhanded for her trouble. She seemed not to realize who she had just struck, so she seemed very apologetic immediately, but still....

Since it was the season finale there, not sure what the punishment may be. Perhaps a ban for the entire next season for Gobble and a hot pass revoked for the woman? NASCAR seems to come down fairly hard on the local guys...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:37 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A wild finish in the Super Street Division at Langley Speedway a few weeks ago:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway has been shut down due to the State of Kentucky needing the property for the reconstruction of the I-24/Purchase Parkway interchange. The interchange will be constructed where the track's pit area/maintenance building/ticket office & scales are.
https://kylakespeedway.com/2015/09/24/k ... perations/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They had a pretty good finish at Knoxville last night

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

highlights of last night's Super DIRTcar race at Fonda

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 69140 Next