TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21180 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1754 755 756 757 7581059 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't really care either way as long as the data is free. I'm assuming it won't be.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
I don't understand, why people are having such an issue with this?

Because NASCAR's focus is in the wrong areas, virtual pit road officials, Jack Bugner, race view, new dashes, oh goodie, but it's not addressing the core issue, coma inducing racing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:36 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Because NASCAR's focus is in the wrong areas, virtual pit road officials, Jack Bugner, race view, new dashes, oh goodie, but it's not addressing the core issue, coma inducing racing.

I thought they were testing a new rules package for next year that was going to improve the racing? I'm pretty sure NASCAR has enough people working for them that they can be working on multiple projects at once to improve the product. This seems like a silly thing to be getting all worked up over.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well this is just in case the racings still shitty or worse.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not worried about it from a resources perspective. It's just another functionally irrelevant NASCAR initiative about which they can send all the "OUR SPORT" and "FAN INTERACTION" talking points out to the commentators and writers for another self-congratulatory selfsuck-fest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

^ This man get's it, there so much more than they should be focusing on, not this stuff.

Re the new rules, they've known what the drivers, teams and fans want for yonks, people have been telling them for years to cut downforce, soften up the tyres and increase power, yet NASCAR have consistently ignored this view and done their thing, increase downforce, harder tyres and now restrictor plates on all tracks. Every time they have progressed along their path, it has made the racing worse. The teams even did a mock race with the 'drivers' package and everybody want it, NASCAR said no our package is better, it will improve the racing, yeah and I'm a fucking Irishman.

From what I hear the teams finally convinced the powers that be that they wanted to run this low downforce, high power soft tyres package at the All-star race as a test, NASCAR said no, it will take your focus off the regular races they said, you can translate that how you want.

NASCAR management is incompetent, their focus is in the wrong area and they can never admit they were wrong, which is why we've been stuck with nearly a decade now of this shit aero push super downforce glass tyre racing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
^ This man get's it, there so much more than they should be focusing on, not this stuff.

Re the new rules, they've known what the drivers, teams and fans want for yonks, people have been telling them for years to cut downforce, soften up the tyres and increase power, yet NASCAR have consistently ignored this view and done their thing, increase downforce, harder tyres and now restrictor plates on all tracks. Every time they have progressed along their path, it has made the racing worse. The teams even did a mock race with the 'drivers' package and everybody want it, NASCAR said no our package is better, it will improve the racing, yeah and I'm a fucking Irishman.

From what I hear the teams finally convinced the powers that be that they wanted to run this low downforce, high power soft tyres package at the All-star race as a test, NASCAR said no, it will take your focus off the regular races they said, you can translate that how you want.

NASCAR management is incompetent, their focus is in the wrong area and they can never admit they were wrong, which is why we've been stuck with nearly a decade now of this shit aero push super downforce glass tyre racing.

Yeah proofs in the pudding, we're on the EXACT same course as last year, same 6 drivers winning all the races this year, and boring as shit races for the lead, but hey we got new tacs!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:52 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The digital dashes might be a good idea if they can receive messages from race control on there.

Yellow flag warnings mainly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can't wait for the inevitable advert featuring a fan at home texting a message directly to the dashboard of his favourite driver via his Sprint phone. /sarcasm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Remember, they had a commercial featuring pieces of candy driving Kyle Busch's race car. So that little scenario you just predicted is pretty much a tap-in, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
The digital dashes might be a good idea if they can receive messages from race control on there.

Yellow flag warnings mainly.

That's a legit point. You wouldn't want there to be an actual message though, because they'll need to see the gauges. Maybe just have the background flicker yellow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:36 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Or an Xbox or whatever commercial showing dale jr too busy racing Danica on some racing game on the dash to remember to restart the race as people spin to avoid them.

*edit* actually this will definitely happen with Netflix suggesting it'll be used for films with the punchline being JR can't eat popcorn with his helmet on.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder if the drivers will be able to text each other during the race. Just have a group convo going mid race.... or maybe tweets scrolling across the dash.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:

Because it's NASCAR and the fans have to bitch about something.

Be mad at the Chase, the racing, the idiots in charge, the officiating, the announcers, the broadcast companies, the tracks, the asphalt for not being new, the asphalt for being old, the grass for not being green enough, too many ads, not enough sponsors, the sun, the moon and the stars, but Digital Dashboards are not something to get in a huff over.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

westracing01 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Because it's NASCAR and the fans have to bitch about something.

I'll be more than happy to change my tone accordingly when the content improves. Until then...

westracing01 wrote:
Be mad at the Chase

It objectively sucks

westracing01 wrote:
the racing

It does suck

westracing01 wrote:
the idiots in charge

They do suck

westracing01 wrote:
the officiating

It also sucks

westracing01 wrote:
the announcers

They aren't all bad but there are some imposters/has beens and the standard has plummeted in the last decade

westracing01 wrote:
the broadcast companies

NBC aside...this is another easy one: the standard has plummeted here as well

westracing01 wrote:
the tracks

By any rational standard, the lack of diversity is more significant than it used to (and could) be

westracing01 wrote:
the asphalt for not being new, the asphalt for being old

lol, show me a legit example of people bitching about this

westracing01 wrote:
the grass for not being green enough

Straw man

westracing01 wrote:
too many ads

If NASCAR wants to command that much ad revenue, the product should be commensurate with what they put us through from a commercial standpoint.

westracing01 wrote:
not enough sponsors

Bitching about the economy ≠ bitching about NASCAR

westracing01 wrote:
the sun, the moon and the stars

We all have a deep respect for the celestial bodies.

westracing01 wrote:
but Digital Dashboards are not something to get in a huff over.

Not bitching about the dashes themselves (it's FINE), but more globally about NASCAR's willingness to make as many updates and changes as they can imagine except for few that will have a tangible effect on the product itself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kyle Busch's account of his big wreck: http://motorsports-soapbox.blogspot.com ... ng-to.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Calling it now... the new digital dashboards will catch fire and cause someone a race, like the in car TV equipment cost Robby Gordon an almost sure victory in the 2001 Watkins Glen NASCRA race.

Skip to 12:05 if you don't know what I am talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Calling it now... the new digital dashboards will catch fire and cost someone a race, like the in car TV equipment cost Robby Gordon an almost sure victory in the 2001 Watkins Glen NASCAR race.

Skip to 12:05 if you don't know what I am talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I could also see it just going out completely a few times until they get it all figured out. Guys are always having electrical problems.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ross Kenseth running with JGR in the stand-alone Nationwide race at Chicagoland... huh. As obvious as the connection is, I'm somewhat surprised about that one!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21180 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1754 755 756 757 7581059 Next