TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 932 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2647 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No idea, the two theories are that 1.) he sent a dick pic, which imo is game over for him, but it's odd that he's still around which makes me think about 2.) which is someone complaining about his aggressive management style that leads in to the rumours of an internal power struggle at Red Bull

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:02 am 

So what is the evidence that supports either of these?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
in the current era, if your car is shit, you're probably stuck with it for years. Same if the engine is shit.
It works the other way too, in 2014 Mercedes built a perfect car and a perfect engine, all Mercedes engine users improved. It took the others years to catch up.

The lack of testing and the cost cap do not help in catching up. For me personally, that's why it came as such a surprise that McLaren found so much speed mid season.

They started building that McLaren around October of the previous year, as soon as the new rules tweaks for the floor dropped and they already knew it was the only way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ZeroX wrote:
So what is the evidence that supports either of these?

Purely rumours, as there can't be any actual evidence made public as it would compromise the legal side of the investigation or whatever is happening

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
The main problem is the cars are bulletproof these days so the only way to jeopardise the results are some accidents and it's impossible for Verstappen to drop the ball when he's all on his own after a handful of laps. Outside of the first two races in 2022 Red Bull has been immune to mechanical failures (which was also the case for Mercedes during their dominant stretch).

And the crazy thing is that reliability used to be a factor when parts didn't have to last more than a race.

Today cars are bulletproof even with parts that have to last several races. That's a part that improved in dramatic fashion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ZeroX wrote:
So is it widely accepted now that Horner is guilty despite there being no available details?

I don't think this is a matter of guilty x not guilty. This looks like a power struggle in which the inappropriate behavior is just a tool to justify a decision that wouldn't be justifiable otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The drain cover is loose again. Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's not the cover's fault. It has no business being designed to be sucked off by 20 cars lap after lap on that part of the race track, entry of a fast corner. That shouldn't be the racing line, apart from a couple accidental incursions over the whole race week-end. I think it's a different situation to mid-track, mid-straight covers on street tracks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seems like the ridiculous length of the calendar and the massive strains it puts on people has even got to Crofty this year:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/david-croft-to-miss-first-f1-races-as-sky-commentator/10578756/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whofan wrote:
Seems like the ridiculous length of the calendar and the massive strains it puts on people has even got to Crofty this year:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/david-croft-to-miss-first-f1-races-as-sky-commentator/10578756/

Wuss,. Murray was doing 17 races at 67. /s

Harry Benjamin is an interesting choice, it'll be interesting to see how he works out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:55 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Quote:
“I’ve given up and sacrificed a lot for my career. I want to give a bit of time back to my family and not be on the other side of the world. I’m getting married this year as well, so I’ve got a wedding to organise!
As a man who's getting married myself, I can relate. This shit takes up time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Bahrain drains to be filled in with concrete for F1 2024's first race
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bahr ... /10579050/

Wet weekend guaranteed for Bahrain :p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Huh. Leclerc has gone fastest of all. He shaded Perez by a few tenths, then Max switched in and predictably went quite a bit faster. What I didn't expect is for Leclerc to then put another four tenths on Max.

Red Bull probably still have the best car, but I get the impression the gap back to Ferrari might not be as big as it started out as last year. Alonso has also been making confident noises which aren't currently backed up on the timesheets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Stella thinks Red Bull are further ahead, Alonso has already crowned Max as champion, and Max just completed a stint that, if it began with a full tank, would be a second per lap faster than anyone else's first stint. This stint also saw virtually zero tyre degredation.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Stella thinks Red Bull are further ahead, Alonso has already crowned Max as champion, and Max just completed a stint that, if it began with a full tank, would be a second per lap faster than anyone else's first stint. This stint also saw virtually zero tyre degredation.

Yeah, I just saw that Charles used the C5 tyre versus the C3 for Max. Normal service has been resumed :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Apparently Piastri is having high tyre degradation...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:07 pm 

RtN wrote:

It's joever :flag:

Isola from Pirelli said teams were closer to Red Bull than last year.
But we can't trust him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Leclerc's first stint (also on C3s) started out fairly close to Max's times but tailed off significantly by the end.

Max's latest stint on C1s was faster than his stint on C3s, so it looks like they didn't fuel the car whilst it was in the garage.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Fabs wrote:
Isola from Pirelli said teams were closer to Red Bull than last year.
But we can't trust him.

more like "we did our job for tires, if you cannot reach Red Bull it's your problem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:12 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

EAS wrote:
Vassago wrote:
The main problem is the cars are bulletproof these days so the only way to jeopardise the results are some accidents and it's impossible for Verstappen to drop the ball when he's all on his own after a handful of laps. Outside of the first two races in 2022 Red Bull has been immune to mechanical failures (which was also the case for Mercedes during their dominant stretch).

And the crazy thing is that reliability used to be a factor when parts didn't have to last more than a race.

Today cars are bulletproof even with parts that have to last several races. That's a part that improved in dramatic fashion.

I was listening to an old engineer on the Motorsport magazine podcast (forget who it was) who came up with the theory that maybe there wasn't so much unreliability in the past because they were on the cutting edge of technology, maybe some of it was "finger trouble", it's all well and good assembling these beasts of machines in the factory but disassemble it and reassemble it three or more times over the course of the weekend and you're bound to mess something up....

Take that out, allow them to build the cars at leisure without time pressure and some of the stupid errors we've all read about like races being lost due to tiny 50p washers or whatever else doesn't happen as much or if at all

But it was just a theory, no-one has studied this lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 932 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2647 Next