TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 148 49 50 51 5265 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My feed was filled with stories about Jessica Hawkins, first woman to test an F1 car in 5 years!

That´s all it said. That it was a woman. Nothing about previous results. Nothing about successes in other series. Nothing about her career in motorracing. Only that she is a woman. That seemed to be her only achievement. And that is a wrong way to fill the news.

I looked up her results, and it was nothing to be proud of by the way. She has achieved absolutely nothing in series that matter. So it really seems that she did get that drive only because she´s a woman, and that is not good for the sport and for other women.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Omega wrote:
My feed was filled with stories about Jessica Hawkins, first woman to test an F1 car in 5 years!

That´s all it said. That it was a woman. Nothing about previous results. Nothing about successes in other series. Nothing about her career in motorracing. Only that she is a woman. That seemed to be her only achievement. And that is a wrong way to fill the news.

I looked up her results, and it was nothing to be proud of by the way. She has achieved absolutely nothing in series that matter. So it really seems that she did get that drive only because she´s a woman, and that is not good for the sport and for other women.

Jeez, that really rubbed you off the wrong way.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd love to see a successful woman make it into F1. My concern is just the physical strength required to drive an F1 car. That's not to say that women are not capable, but men will always have a biological advantage in that area. It would be interesting to see a study on the loads that go through a body during an F1 race, and how much of an issue that would be. Maybe it wouldn't even be an issue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I'm quite up for a woman in F1 as long is not someone like Carmen Jordà

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I'd love to see a successful woman make it into F1. My concern is just the physical strength required to drive an F1 car. That's not to say that women are not capable, but men will always have a biological advantage in that area. It would be interesting to see a study on the loads that go through a body during an F1 race, and how much of an issue that would be. Maybe it wouldn't even be an issue.

I think if women are able to complete in Indycar which I'd argue is even more physical than F1 due to no power steering, then I reckon they'd be fine in F1

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:

I believe the new F2 car has made some improvements to adapt it better for women.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I'm more amazed they managed to have an in-season test at a venue that didn't just host a grand prix 2 days before...

Or is this a "filming day" :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
I'm more amazed they managed to have an in-season test at a venue that didn't just host a grand prix 2 days before...

Not a current spec car, so I guess that allows more freedom?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Juihi wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Not a current spec car, so I guess that allows more freedom?

Yeah, it was a 2021 car, they can test those at will.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Let's widen the debate to not just physical ability, but mental and personality traits.

Look at the racing in Formula W, now F1 academy. Clean, respectful, smart. No aggressive macho-man revenge bullshit of some small-dick that can't handle being passed on track. No ridiculous ego battles, no drama, no whining little bitches that are never in the wrong, and want to go fisticuffs after contacts - like we have plenty off in male-dominated series (and even worse, online).

Maybe that would change as more women come in, and by the law of large numbers the assholes of them will come up. But every male knows deep own that women are generally smarter than us when it comes to anger/aggressiveness management. Heck, perhaps men are not mentally able enough to be trusted with race cars, and should mostly drive lower-powered series, when women should be the majority to compete in major motorsports. That lap-long side-by-side respectful racing that gets praised as the exception whenever a video comes up, may become he norm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Let's widen the debate to not just physical ability, but mental and personality traits.

Look at the racing in Formula W, now F1 academy. Clean, respectful, smart. No aggressive macho-man revenge bullshit of some small-dick that can't handle being passed on track. No ridiculous ego battles, no drama, no whining little bitches that are never in the wrong, and want to go fisticuffs after contacts - like we have plenty off in male-dominated series (and even worse, online).

This is exactly why I sometimes prefer women soccer over male soccer.
Look at a male player and they roll over the entire field. The rest of the team storms the other player and ref.
Women Soccer, player gets tackled, gets up and continues. Player making the tackle apologizes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Best way to showcase women capabilities in racing is to placing motorsport at the summer Olympics, could be rallycross on equal machinery

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:04 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

New Zealand came close to having it's own F1 team, but ultimately it was rejected by the FIA

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/29/ro ... a-1-entry/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

Look at a male player and they roll over the entire field. The rest of the team storms the other player and ref.
Women Soccer, player gets tackled, gets up and continues. Player making the tackle apologizes.

Oh man staging for free kicks has also crept into the AFL in Australia. I hate it sooooo much. A tiny bump and the player throws the head back and rolls around on the ground like old WW1 footage. Then instantly up on the feet and running around once the free kick is played. At least players can get fined $1500 for blatant staging for free kicks in the AFL.

Does Soccer do this? Fining players who throw their head into hands and roll around like their leg has been snapped in half, only to jump to their feet and remonstrate when they don't get the free? From a casual observer that doesn't follow it, I am staggered that said players DON'T get yellow carded for it. Yellow card for acting like a complete fuckwit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
New Zealand came close to having it's own F1 team, but ultimately it was rejected by the FIA

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/29/ro ... a-1-entry/

Oddly enough, the guy who runs the thing is actually an Aussie.

They have a test track in northern Canterbury in the South Island which I have to say has to be one of the most picturesque settings for a track in the world

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So Rodin just make track day cars that you have to go all the way to NZ to drive? I thought they were an up and coming road car maker. And if that facility in the video was the one that they were touting as being F1 capable then yeah, the owner was right, they never ever stood a chance. Good for marketing though, which is what that ever was. Track looks absolutely stunning though. And big props to that comically small gravel run off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:
micha wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

Oh man staging for free kicks has also crept into the AFL in Australia. I hate it sooooo much. A tiny bump and the player throws the head back and rolls around on the ground like old WW1 footage. Then instantly up on the feet and running around once the free kick is played. At least players can get fined $1500 for blatant staging for free kicks in the AFL.

Does Soccer do this? Fining players who throw their head into hands and roll around like their leg has been snapped in half, only to jump to their feet and remonstrate when they don't get the free? From a casual observer that doesn't follow it, I am staggered that said players DON'T get yellow carded for it. Yellow card for acting like a complete fuckwit.

In very clear cases, the ref can give a yellow card for simulation but they often get away with it. VAR can't overturn decisions that aren't for giving a straight red either so the players will keep doing it until they get caught.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

football (is call football, soccer is the name given for those who cannot play ball games without putting their hands on it) is on a similar problem that F1 has which has that is bad refereeing. They know the rules but apply them as they want. VAR usually favours one team during matches and referees use it to relieve their bad calls because sometimes they want more spotlight than the players.

The players also act like the whining drivers, so I guess that's the perks of being a sport where you are paid millions a year to win and you aren't winning

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Vowles remains hugely supportive of Sargeant.

https://racer.com/2023/09/29/williams-s ... 2024-seat/

Which brings forward the prospect of all 22 drivers that start in Abu Dhabi driving for the same team in Bahrain the following March.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 148 49 50 51 5265 Next