TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 4583 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:14 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vassago wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
No need to facepalm. You just need to realize some people have different opinions about various drivers and I'm not a member of George Russell Fan Club like 99% of this forum. It's not that strange ;)

There's a huge difference to having an opinion and being flat out wrong. You've presented no proof, said nothing but heresay and when given facts that disprove or counter your "opinion" you called them fake news ("mythical"). At this point you're just a troll, unwilling to relent on the facts, calling it an "opinion".

I have opinions from Polish journalists - one of whom I know personally from ancient days when he was still a rally co-pilot - who revealed the real reasons but couldn't do it officially because it would also hamper the Orlen brand. It's more than hearsay but I seriously doubt anyone in Australia or UK cares what Polish motorsport journalists report hence I'm fighting a lost cause on English-speaking forum.

Can you show me some examples of those reports in Polish? Or any sources where Russell said Poland is an unsafe country? I'm curious.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:24 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
who revealed the real reasons but couldn't do it officially because it would also hamper the Orlen brand. It's more than hearsay

:slaphead: :lol:

No that's exactly what heresay is. That the literal definition of it. You've still got no proof at this stage, champ.

Even if Orlen CEO posted on this board you'd dismiss that as fake news. That's how the world turns in 2021. People stay in their vision bubble and refuse to accept a different opinion. Only dismiss it as fake if it doesn't fit their own version. And the TBK version is George Russell cannot be criticized by anyone, especially by someone from Poland, period. I understand that perfectly well but I'm still gonna keep my opinion.

maclauren wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Scotty wrote:

There's a huge difference to having an opinion and being flat out wrong. You've presented no proof, said nothing but heresay and when given facts that disprove or counter your "opinion" you called them fake news ("mythical"). At this point you're just a troll, unwilling to relent on the facts, calling it an "opinion".

I have opinions from Polish journalists - one of whom I know personally from ancient days when he was still a rally co-pilot - who revealed the real reasons but couldn't do it officially because it would also hamper the Orlen brand. It's more than hearsay but I seriously doubt anyone in Australia or UK cares what Polish motorsport journalists report hence I'm fighting a lost cause on English-speaking forum.

Can you show me some examples of those reports in Polish? Or any sources where Russell said Poland is an unsafe country? I'm curious.

Those are from my conversations I had on twitter with that journalist back in July/August 2019. That's all deleted now so I can't do anything about it and this is stuff you won't find on Onet/WP or whatever else in Polish media.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To be honest, it is the first time I heard that Russell said something wrong about Poland...Also, I didn't heard anything wrong from us about him either :lol:

But mostly I don't care about all that media stuff, so it could be that I just didn't heard.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:42 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vassago wrote:
Those are from my conversations I had on twitter with that journalist back in July/August 2019. That's all deleted now so I can't do anything about it and this is stuff you won't find on Onet/WP or whatever else in Polish media.

Sokół? If it was a public conversation, I find it quite strange no Polish media or F1 fansite ever picked up on it, given how hot of a topic this was at the time. They would never have missed such a scoop.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 am 

maclauren wrote:
Vassago wrote:

Sokół? If it was a public conversation, I find it quite strange no Polish media or F1 fansite ever picked up on it, given how hot of a topic this was at the time. They would never have missed such a scoop.

Yes, him. You may remember the news about Russell's no-show only broke like two days before the actual event. Apparently Orlen was working until the last moment to bring him in but to no avail. And you probably realize how big Orlen is in Poland so they can tone the volume right down if they want to.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is getting pretty off-topic.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vassago wrote:
maclauren wrote:
Vassago wrote:

Yes, him. You may remember the news about Russell's no-show only broke like two days before the actual event. Apparently Orlen was working until the last moment to bring him in but to no avail. And you probably realize how big Orlen is in Poland so they can tone the volume right down if they want to.

Okay, so he has over 30k followers on Twitter yet nobody noticed him reveal the real reason behind Russell's no-show before the conversation got deleted?

You're saying Russell came off as an arrogant prick with absolutely nothing to back that up. I've searched everywhere and found no proof either.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:56 am 

Tunnel vision bubble must be kept alive at all costs!

Let's go back to enjoying Jack Miller as the "main championship" favorite in MotoGP then! I hope he doesn't fail me this season ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 am 

Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Tunnel vision bubble must be kept alive at all costs!

Let's go back to enjoying Jack Miller as the "main championship" favorite in MotoGP then! I hope he doesn't fail me this season ;)

Why do you keep saying this? He never said it, if you read the article and his quotes he barely acknowledges it. All he says is that he finds it cool/funny to be considered since he's never had a competitive bike. Your the one saying it! I personally don't think he's good enough to win the championship at all! I agree with you, he's too inconsistent, falls too much, is only the best in the wet and you can never count Marquez and so many more out.

And what tunnel vision? I don't have an opinion on anything. The only opinion I currently have is how stupid and misguided yours is. Your countrymen are even calling out your BS now.

Even last year he said he's a title contender after Marquez went out. And then he finished 7th in the standings with 0 wins. Hardly a contention performance.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... r/4844003/

This year he doubles down on the hype (after getting a works bike no less). He didn't strike down the media buzz at all but even "enjoys it". I bet he can enjoy it given Australia has zero options in MotoGP outside of him save for Remy Gardner but that's a long shot IMO.

PS. How many times are you going to insult me by calling me stupid? Is that how people go around in Australia? Insulting someone's mental ability is the new black? I might disagree with the Russell and Miller fanboys but I'd never call them stupid.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:40 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vassago wrote:
PS. How many times are you going to insult me by calling me stupid? Is that how people go around in Australia? Insulting someone's mental ability is the new black? I might disagree with the Russell and Miller fanboys but I'd never call them stupid.

As far as I can see, he said your opinion was stupid, not you. Looks like you don't like being insulted but you have no issue whatsoever with calling Russell names or throwing baseless accusations. You also called the same (or much worse) type of abuse against him "mythical". It doesn't quite add up.

Vassago wrote:
Obviously Anglo-Saxon media don't care about promo events in Eastern Europe and they would never put an English-speaking talent like Russell in a bad light. No wonder they skipped the safety part and focused on the mythical online abuse.

Well, you skipped the safety part too, cause when I asked you about it, you simply changed the topic.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:47 am 

maclauren wrote:
Vassago wrote:

As far as I can see, he said your opinion was stupid, not you. Looks like you don't like being insulted but you have no issue whatsoever with calling Russell names or throwing baseless accusations. You also called the same (or much worse) type of abuse against him "mythical". It doesn't quite add up.

Vassago wrote:
Obviously Anglo-Saxon media don't care about promo events in Eastern Europe and they would never put an English-speaking talent like Russell in a bad light. No wonder they skipped the safety part and focused on the mythical online abuse.

Well, you skipped the safety part too, cause when I asked you about it, you simply changed the topic.

I told you I can't show you the deleted tweets so what else do you want me to do? As for Russell, my opinion on him is quite clear and I'm not gonna change it because of TBK mainstream vote. The fact Toto Wolff dragged him thru the mud in public after Imola shows he's not gonna have it all smooth sailing. Maybe TBK members should contact Wolff and tell him to go easy on poor George? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is like Scotty vs NVirkkula all over again, or like Scotty vs anyone who has a different opinion than him, or like Scotty vs anyone who treats Scotty the same way Scotty treats other members.

Now please delete these last 2 pages so we can discuss MotoGP again.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:04 pm 

Omega wrote:
This is like Scotty vs NVirkkula all over again, or like Scotty vs anyone who has a different opinion than him, or like Scotty vs anyone who treats Scotty the same way Scotty treats other members.

I agree. It seems like I didn't see the bigger picture :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Omega wrote:

Forgive me for not wanting this forum to be dominated or dragged down into the gutter by really dumb, ignorant trolls.

By all means have an opinion. But some of these “opinions” here are just flat out baseless, stupid, ignorant and wrong. Not even on an agree to disagree level. People are saying I’m starting trouble, all I’m doing is questioning people’s opinions and they seem to double down on their ignorance or take it personally.

You see, I could tell you where you are wrong with that statement and why you are an ass, but apart of this comment, I just ignore you and your opinions. I can only advise the other members to do the same.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vassago wrote:
I told you I can't show you the deleted tweets so what else do you want me to do? As for Russell, my opinion on him is quite clear and I'm not gonna change it because of TBK mainstream vote. The fact Toto Wolff dragged him thru the mud in public after Imola shows he's not gonna have it all smooth sailing. Maybe TBK members should contact Wolff and tell him to go easy on poor George? :lol:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's just not very rational when the main reason for someone's dislike towards a person is at best hearsay, and at worst completely made up.

"refused to attend a Williams promo event in Poland fearing for his safety"
"his damn excuse"
"he came off as arrogant prick"
"he pulled the safety excuse"
"he pulled the "Poland is unsafe country" bullshit"
"Russell's idiotic comments about our country"

You sound really confident about things there's no evidence for. I just wanted other people to know that what you said needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. There's enough bullshit on the Internet. Let's not add any more to it.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:44 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

some people should try this "arm pump" malarkey to just release some tension

obv not on a motor bike, but behind your computer should be just fine

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the guy is riding a Ducati, that's where his championship hopes end

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:07 pm 

was kind of waiting for Miller to fall off any second, but was delighted he didn't! He usually falls off in good positions, so if he can stop doing that it is not that far-fetched that he can challenge consistently for wins.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well this turned into a shit show of a thread didn't it LoL. I'm a Miller fan but yes I agree that he makes too many mistakes. Will he be a consistent title contender? I'm not sold. Will he win races? Yes. I can see him more in the Vinales mold. Looks wonderful and then next race makes you scratch your head.

But he is the type of guy that once he gets on a roll he can be really hard to beat. Peco is going to be really hardy to beat though. He has the consistency and speed.

On a side note, I know people are saying Morbidelli knew what he was getting with a two year old bike, but come the Hell on Yamaha, even blind Freddy can see that he is killing it and deserves a factory bike. Meanwhile the great Rossi has a total of 4 points and looks like a nothing man, on a factory bike. And in a twist of irony, I can totally see Morbidelli getting fired for constantly reminding everyone that he has a two year old bike.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Omega wrote:

Forgive me for not wanting this forum to be dominated or dragged down into the gutter by really dumb, ignorant trolls.

By all means have an opinion. But some of these “opinions” here are just flat out baseless, stupid, ignorant and wrong. Not even on an agree to disagree level. People are saying I’m starting trouble, all I’m doing is questioning people’s opinions and they seem to double down on their ignorance or take it personally.

You see, I could tell you where you are wrong with that statement and why you are an ass, but apart of this comment, I just ignore you and your opinions. I can only advise the other members to do the same.
The issue here is members essentially spreading conspiracy theories and trolling, consistently and repeatedly, across their time on TBK. There's only one person in this thread doing that and it isn't Scotty. You've misread the situation here.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 4583 Next