TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35113 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:31 pm 

Mattzel89 wrote:
So there was a way to log into the F1TV Beta site earlier tonight (has been down again since then)

The quality of the old races was great. Not every race of every season is there, but the races that have been uploaded are there in full - and without commentary. Not even Murray Walker.
The recent seasons contained only a few full races and mainly highlights. The full races that are available come with different audiotracks. Some with natural sounds only, and some with different languages to chose from.

30 or 50 fps?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Where did you paid for the subscription?

Can't find anything in the F1 site..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New theme with music video:

I don't dislike this music, But I just feel like it's the sort of thing you would hear in a generic action movie or something & so I don't think it really suits F1. I think I get what they were going for, Just not sure that really works or was even necessary for F1.

Gabriel wrote:
Where did you paid for the subscription?

Can't find anything in the F1 site..
It isn't on the F1 site. A beta version of the F1TV site went up accidentally, Those who found the link were able to sign up but as soon as F1 found out the link was public it got taken down.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:

I don't dislike this music, But I just feel like it's the sort of thing you would hear in a generic action movie or something & so I don't think it really suits F1. I think I get what they were going for, Just not sure that really works or was even necessary for F1.

That's the first time I heard it, and I really like it tbh. It's suitably dramatic for Liberty's direction. Great video compilation too; top marks for the random Murray interjections :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hakkinen's Adelaide crash at 59 seconds, real classy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they forgot to pick some good crashes to feature the DRAMA!!! that was de Cesaris at Österreichring/1985 and Webber vaulting on Kovalainen at Valencia/2010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:56 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

This tune was better now with the video, apart from that Häkkinen Adelaide crash. Sure, he survived and became a double world champion and was the only driver who Michael Schumacher felt to be equal, but still. The composer's comments at the end was good. Good to know that "a fan" did this and not just someone who took the cheque.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I much rahter prefer having Hakkinen's crash than Senna's final onboard moments (2:05), which is a much more morbid.

As for the song: If it's just to play a few seconds as a jingle during the world feed opening, it works.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

That's the first time I heard it, and I really like it tbh. It's suitably dramatic for Liberty's direction. Great video compilation too; top marks for the random Murray interjections :lol:

Sounds like some has taken all the good bits from a Two Steps from Hell album and mixed them together.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:23 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

StefMeister wrote:

This is about F1 or Dolph Lundgren? :whistling:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hill plays Cromwell vs. the Rump Parliament of Mercedes and Ferrari.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:49 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

The big manufacturers will take over FE soon too. The days of privateers being the feel god story are long, long gone. This is business first and foremost. Business and politics.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
They should pick 2 of the following 3 propositions

-cost cap to level out competition to driver effort
-BoP to level out competition to driver effort
-ban on all aero devices that create vortex and thus dirty air to improve close racing and overtaking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Hill plays Cromwell vs. the Rump Parliament of Mercedes and Ferrari.

Mercedes' Twitter team with a swing and a miss:

Not sure what point they were trying to make there, given that one year of top-line Renault power had him beaten by a Ford-powered privateer, and another had him being fully owned by the same Renault engine in the same privateer team :slaphead:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 pm 
The most anticipated member

LucasWheldon wrote:
haha F1 going full american, Bernie will grinds his gears if ratings in America goes higher than ever under Liberty

You're talking about ratings in America but I'd like to make some comments about F1 ratings in general.

If you ask me today what I think about F1 ratings, I'd say ratings will rise a little bit under Liberty's efforts, but these numbers have to be read under a critical look. Two things that have to be thought by Formula One fans under a strategic point of view:

- Better ratings today mean an artificial growth.
- It's exclusively result from aggressive campaigns. (it's not something natural, it is conquered on the basis of a hard investment).

This chart is "beautiful" at first then comes the challenges. There's a basic law in Marketing and Advertising studies, If you don't convert artificial growth in natural growth, the downward trend is large and probably irreversible. Advertising cannot hold F1's breath for so long, you'll have to emulate the same levels of passion the series used to radiate in the past....Unfortunately, this is not F1's reality today.

The numbers and statistics prove worrying things about F1. Before Liberty Media, F1 experienced a huge consecutive decline in its interests for the past 15, 20 years. So, when you see Liberty Media trying desparate things, investing a lot in advertising and so on.....then this is not a good sign. I see much further than today, I see F1 diving into a precarious situation in a near future.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bloody hell has Damon Hill swallowed the same miserable old fuck pills as Martin Brundle? These two usual company men party line followers have really gone off the rails this weekend, maybe it's the jetlag? (Not that I disagree with their sentiments, I just find it amusing of all the people not following the party line, it's these two, all while Crofty and Ted bang on about how fantastic the FIA and Halo are for introducing such fantastic safety innovations).

Perhaps it's an age thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:09 am 

Hill and Brundle are old school drivers, you can understand them. I wonder what would have happened if Brundle said on air what he really thinks about modern F1.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:14 am 

Damon was always a reserved chap when he was racing (people often said he was too nice to be a racing driver), always careful with what he said so its refreshing that he no longer holds back from telling it like it is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
Hill and Brundle are old school drivers, you can understand them. I wonder what would have happened if Brundle said on air what he really thinks about modern F1.

He did in the pre-FP3 show, it wasn't nice. FakeJake looked like someone had shot his dog and quickly changed the subject.

What I find surprising is both are such company men, toe the party line, so this is unusual, it's nowt to do with them being old school, although maybe the Halo was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What Hill is saying is correct, but it was not much different in his days. Big teams that had other interests than the smaller teams, making it impossible to reach unanimous decisions. Teams threatening with breakawayseries. FIA not able to do something about it. Politics being more important than the sport. It is indeed one of the problems of modern F1, but I can't remember when it was different.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35113 Next