TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2527 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:37 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ayrton S. wrote:
[streamable][/streamable]
Justin Time wrote:

I think Vettel should have been disqualified for driving into Lewis deliberately after that.

Can he get 2 penalties for the same action ?

He didn't deliberately drive into Hamilton. He forgot to steer when he was waving and he hit Hamilton. That's something different. It was ofcourse dangerous, so that's why received a penalty and some penalty points.

But you can't compare it with Schumacher in Jerez.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Vettel got 3 points on his tally is more 3 short of a race ban

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Karan wrote:
It's almost like they all sat down together before the race, teams and commercial folk, and were like okay guys race year's race was absolute shit. We cannot afford a repeat of that. So here's what's going to happen today to boost the ratings this year...

Well, I saw a Moto GP one hour before the start, and that was fantastic. It was an epic battle for victory and for the podium places. Lots of battles and passes at a great circuit.

In F1 we raced at a circuit which was never allowed to host a GP if it was in e.g. France or Germany, because of all the money Bernie received. The circuit is real dangerous, and doesn't belong in the F1.

I mean : Kvyat stopped with an engine problem, and there was no place to move the car outside the track. Even the Virtual Safety Car was probably not good enough for that. Then we saw some incidents after the SC because of the small circuit, and everything here and on twitter are saying this was one of the best races?

Really? Why? Because of the mess after the SC? Because of a different winner? I haven't seen many good fights today like in the MotoGP. Ricciardo pass after the SC was great, but the difference in speed (with DRS) was so big, I can't enjoy most overtaking.

If there was no Safety Car because of Kvyat, we probably have watched a boring race. F1 needs more than just some Safety Cars and crazy circuits. It needs good fights for the lead, and we haven't seen that today, and in most races from last years. I think giving this race a 10, it says enough about the current situation of how boring F1 is and how we miss some great battles, that we give only a 10 with some chaos and different winner.

I don't understand why people saying it was a great race, and then blaming Bernie for his idea to bring rain installations at the circuit, so if a race is boring, he can start the rain and we have some chaos. Then we can skip Spa, Silverstone e.g. and bring more circuits like this. I can remember everyone was blaming this circuit last year.

Last edited by Regiotap on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Regiotap wrote:
Ayrton S. wrote:
[streamable][/streamable]
Justin Time wrote:

I think Vettel should have been disqualified for driving into Lewis deliberately after that.

Can he get 2 penalties for the same action ?

He didn't deliberately drive into Hamilton. He forgot to steer when he was waving and he hit Hamilton. That's something different. It was ofcourse dangerous, so that's why received a penalty and some penalty points.

But you can't compare it with Schumacher in Jerez.

Who's talking of Schumi in Jerez. Schumi was disqualified for the whole season retrospectively.

And really? The 4-time world champion "forgot" to steer? That's like a guy in another forum, who said that because he lifted his left arm from the wheel and because these are high performance cars, the car pulled to the right by itself. I really liked Vettel after he moved to Ferrari, but I now remember why I didn't like him before. And just imagine it the other way around. If Hamilton would have pushed him off the circuit in Barcelona and driven into his car twice in this race. "Are we playing ping-pong or what?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Look at his hands. He isn't driving into Hamilton.

And yes, his reaction is not good, but that's not the discussion.

Else we can blame Hamilton for his reaction that 10s was not enough. Because there are enough incidents in the past where Hamilton got no penalty or a light penalty (Like Valencia with passing the SC..).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What a race...couldn't post during the race...too much WTF to even remember about the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mann dont know what to say.
The race organisation pissed me off today.
First they need 5 laps to remove the car from the track, then they see there are debries on the track another 5 laps for celaning, and then they realise they need to let Bottas trough to unlap himself. and the SC waits for him another 5 laps to catch the field..
So much things could have been done in short time.

But for VET/HAM crash its Vettels fault. He tought Lewis will go now... but he didnt.
And then he crashes on full purpose into him. Put penalty was too hard. A drive trough would have been enough. or time penatly.

Its the same situation like Singapore 2011 between VET and BUT. But almost crashed into him..
Who is in front has the control speed, he decides when the start racing. If other drivers think different well it can only end badly.
And then they even argue.

I dont also understand why Lewis needed to come in to fix this headset? He could have been driving 30 laps by holding it on the straights. Like Button did similar things at German GP 2004.
The piece was no threat to fall off. He didnt get the black/orange flag? Not even a message from race control to get it fixed.
So they threw the win away. Where they could have taken the lead in the championship

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To me it doesn't look Seb hit Hamilton on purpose but just came too close and didn't really concentrate to keep the horizontal distance. No similarities with Schumi at Jerez.
On the other hand the touch was so gentle that I hardly find it worth discussing. For example in hockey, after whistle is blown, you are allowed to jostle and harass your competitor quite a bit without penalty, but it's part of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Regiotap wrote:

Of course he drove into Hamilton deliberately. Look at it from the front. He gets alongside, then there's the second movement on the steering that moves him into Hamilton.

A race accident is something completely different from driving up next to your competitor and then driving into him, during a safety car period.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Regiotap wrote:

Else we can blame Hamilton for his reaction that 10s was not enough. Because there are enough incidents in the past where Hamilton got no penalty or a light penalty (Like Valencia with passing the SC..).

Looking at the replay, it looks like when Vettel pulls alongside Hamilton and then turns the wheel to straighten the car, he turns it too much. But instead of straightening the car, he's too busy waving his hands at Hamilton. So I don't think his main intention was actually to drive into Hamilton but rather just express his anger. Either way still really careless and foolhardy. He really needs to get that temper under control because it's cost him a sure win now. Would hate for it to cost him the championship...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lol at this Forum bashing Lewis cause he didn't brake on the middle of the s/f line on the first restart, causing a 98 spa-like pile-up, then bashing again because he tried to leave space where he should do just that.

F1 really need a restart zone or better marshaling to avoid people jumping the restarts like it was that Ronnie Peterson crash all over again. Hamilton did just the right thing on the first restart.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
or standing start after SC goes out

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:36 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A bit late to the party, but there you go:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-h ... ng-923425/

I'm curious how Vettel/Ferrari will react to the question in Austria :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Regiotap wrote:
Karan wrote:
It's almost like they all sat down together before the race, teams and commercial folk, and were like okay guys race year's race was absolute shit. We cannot afford a repeat of that. So here's what's going to happen today to boost the ratings this year...

Well, I saw a Moto GP one hour before the start, and that was fantastic. It was an epic battle for victory and for the podium places. Lots of battles and passes at a great circuit.

In F1 we raced at a circuit which was never allowed to host a GP if it was in e.g. France or Germany, because of all the money Bernie received. The circuit is real dangerous, and doesn't belong in the F1.

I mean : Kvyat stopped with an engine problem, and there was no place to move the car outside the track. Even the Virtual Safety Car was probably not good enough for that. Then we saw some incidents after the SC because of the small circuit, and everything here and on twitter are saying this was one of the best races?

Really? Why? Because of the mess after the SC? Because of a different winner? I haven't seen many good fights today like in the MotoGP. Ricciardo pass after the SC was great, but the difference in speed (with DRS) was so big, I can't enjoy most overtaking.

If there was no Safety Car because of Kvyat, we probably have watched a boring race. F1 needs more than just some Safety Cars and crazy circuits. It needs good fights for the lead, and we haven't seen that today, and in most races from last years. I think giving this race a 10, it says enough about the current situation of how boring F1 is and how we miss some great battles, that we give only a 10 with some chaos and different winner.

I don't understand why people saying it was a great race, and then blaming Bernie for his idea to bring rain installations at the circuit, so if a race is boring, he can start the rain and we have some chaos. Then we can skip Spa, Silverstone e.g. and bring more circuits like this. I can remember everyone was blaming this circuit last year.

This is the problem with f1 fans, when they get good action they find ways to complain about why it wasn't good

When they get a dull race they try and talk it up instead of accepting it

Take your purism and shove it up your arse, the sc was the safest way for those human beings we undervalued called marshals to clear up the track, the race improving part was just a side effect.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:47 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Justin Time wrote:

Did we not see this in the on board replay they showed in the replay with telemetry? Seemed pretty clear cut

100% Vettel at fault, unless he doesn't realise he doesn't control the pace of sc restarts?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vettel is doing himself no favours with his post race attitude. You swerved into him mate, that is what the penalty is for. He seems to think it is for rear ending Hamilton. Vettel anticipated what Hamilton was going to do rather than react to what he actually was doing.

I also liked how after the red flag restart Hamilton drove exactly the same way through that corner, and if you look at it Vettel got mighty close to him again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Was Ari Vatanen the Fia director?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justin Time wrote:

I don't think Hamilton brake tested Vettel in the true sense of the word. But the odd thing was that he kept braking and bleeding speed through the entry of the corner and well past the apex too. Right when Vettel probably expected him to accelerate. You could argue that there's no excuse for running into the back of Hamilton regardless of what he was doing in the front. But what Hamilton did there was against the code and not on at all.

This isn't to excuse what Vettel did after at all, which I still believe was a stupidly careless mistake to not straighten up the car because he was so focused on wildly waving his hands at Hamilton his moment of red mist.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 am 

Justin Time wrote:
Just saw the video with telemetry. Hamilton didn't brake test vettel. He was on the brakes through the corner, lifts off the brake, coasts, one second later Vettel hits him.

Yes, the strange hatred the people here have for hamilton don't let them seeing how the thing really happened. Being a hater is more important...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The on board of Hamilton clearly shows the rpm is dropping, why is the fia telling that he even didn't lift off? That's just odd. So, sure, it's not a brake test as in he braked, but a f1 car decelerates a lot when lifting. If you've ever been on a motorcycle, you know how that is compared to cars.

Vettel should have been dq'd for his antics, but i still think Hamilton should have gotten a penalty for lifting of there. By the way, Vettel was on top of Hamilton, but where on earth was everybody else. They all seem to be sleeping at restarts.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2527 Next