Practice 2 Friday 18:00 – 19:30
Practice 3 Saturday 15:00 – 16:00
Qualifying Saturday 18:00 – 19:00
Race Sunday 18:00 – 20:00

championship is all leveled up and we're back to another tilkedrome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm more excited about the GP2...I mean F2 season. The more open-wheel action, the better. The track has recently provided excellent fighting opportunities, so while I hate tilkedromes and their forgiving nature, entertainment-wise this should be at the least equal to China.

Weather forecast shows even 39 degrees Celsius for the mid-day but of course in the evening it's closer to 30º. Interesting to see whether the conditions favor Ferrari. Kimi has traditionally be quick here, so if he's struggling even here, it's good bye for him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looking forward to this weekend...with China I tried to watch the qlf and race live (4:00 and 3:00 AM), but I slept through most of Q2 and Q3, and several parts during the race.

This whole moving out from one city to another last weekend, really wore me out. I'm fighting to stay awake now, while at work haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
this one has the best start time, sunday at noon right at lunch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JJ wrote:
I'm more excited about the GP2...I mean F2 season. The more open-wheel action, the better. The track has recently provided excellent fighting opportunities, so while I hate tilkedromes and their forgiving nature, entertainment-wise this should be at the least equal to China.

Weather forecast shows even 39 degrees Celsius for the mid-day but of course in the evening it's closer to 30º. Interesting to see whether the conditions favor Ferrari. Kimi has traditionally be quick here, so if he's struggling even here, it's good bye for him.

He's usually quick at Melbourne and shanghai as well though...

If he keeps up the whining and lack of pace...

I was a big Kimi supporter back in 2001-2005 but these days he's a bit annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:46 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I mean, I'm more of a Kimi fan than most because he's entertaining as much out of the car as he is in it, but I was pretty convinced this was going to be his last season even if he somehow won the world title.

Unless he fancies trolling around in a Haas for free next year maybe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kimi is undeniably the greatest driver of the millennium, because just recently at Hungaroring Kimi tried to overtake Montoya, but Montoya ran wide. The YouTube video has staggering 80000 views, therefore proving that it is not impossible for anyone not to deny that no one else can never be regarded as better driver than Kimi. :metal: :flag: :yes: :?
Quod erat demonstrandum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:15 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Scotty wrote:
I've never been a fan of Kimi. He's been the most overrated driver on the grid. We say that Rosberg lucked a championship in 2016, Kimi lucked into a world championship in 2007 just as much.

I've never seen a race where he has impressed me, perhaps 02-04 (before I really got into F1) he did, but not since. Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, even Button have had races that have blown me away, Raikkonen never has, only time he really got close was his efforts at Lotus. But the fact Grosjean tailed him those days shows that it was the car, not him that was pacing the competition.

Kimi is a middle of the road driver who undeservedly has a Ferrari seat. Hulkenberg, Perez heck even Mark Webber (fyi Ferrari wanted him before they wanted Kimi) could have done better with that opportunity.

It sounds very critical,but this indeed is not far from the truth.
I share the same opinion. He has never impressed me apart from few races in the great MP4-20 in 2005 and 02-04.
Everyting after,dunno. Even Massa destroyed him in 2008, Grosjean was near always, Alonso and Vettel outpaced him most of the time in Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:29 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

The track facilitie are fantastic, and the track looks great at night. First time I'm looking forward to this

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:48 am 

See, the new F1 has brought some interest and excitment back to Mattzel. :p

A very insighful last article on https://f1broadcasting.co/

Probably the most interesting thing there is how TV, in general, is losing massive chunks of it's audience, for whatever reason that is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure the move to pay TV and audiences responding to an increasingly boring product has nothing to do with it...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:42 am 

I wasn't talking about F1 Tv figures though(they are even up on last year's, but a lot down on years before that). The article shows how television, in general(all of it), is losing viewers.

The internet changed the world and people spend more time on it than watching Tv, nowadays.

Channel 4 had more market share with the two races of this year but the overall number of viewers decreased because people are watching less tv, that's the trend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:33 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

DinoMarko93 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
I've never been a fan of Kimi. He's been the most overrated driver on the grid. We say that Rosberg lucked a championship in 2016, Kimi lucked into a world championship in 2007 just as much.

I've never seen a race where he has impressed me, perhaps 02-04 (before I really got into F1) he did, but not since. Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, even Button have had races that have blown me away, Raikkonen never has, only time he really got close was his efforts at Lotus. But the fact Grosjean tailed him those days shows that it was the car, not him that was pacing the competition.

Kimi is a middle of the road driver who undeservedly has a Ferrari seat. Hulkenberg, Perez heck even Mark Webber (fyi Ferrari wanted him before they wanted Kimi) could have done better with that opportunity.

It sounds very critical,but this indeed is not far from the truth.
I share the same opinion. He has never impressed me apart from few races in the great MP4-20 in 2005 and 02-04.
Everyting after,dunno. Even Massa destroyed him in 2008, Grosjean was near always, Alonso and Vettel outpaced him most of the time in Ferrari.

No, Massa didn't destroy him in 2008. Kimi did have a lot of bad luck, just think back to Magny Cours of that year. I find him a bit lacking since his return to Ferrari, but I can't shake the feeling that Ferrari "sabotages" him in order to make a distinction of their number 1 and number 2 driver. Just take a second and think of all the weird strategic decisions that hampered Kimi's races and ended up with Sebastian far in front of him. The last GP was one of the best examples. I think he has passed his pinnacle but I don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be. There are just a lot of contributing factors that make him look bad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:53 am 

When you're slower than the other driver, you automatically become the 2nd driver. Which means you become the experiment driver. In this case they wanted to see if they could go to the flag, which they couldnt. Vettel is a championship contender, which Raikkonen will never be, so they'll play it safe to get him as many points as possible, possibly at the expence of Raikkonen. Its just how the pecking order is. How to deal with it? Up your game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:26 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Thankfully, I am in Budapest this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

regarding tv viewers, because like in Belgium (at least the flemish part) it is behind pay tv. You do miss the occasional viewer that now and then wants to see parts of the race if nothing else is on tv. I remember very well how at work we discussed races back in the late 1990s, 2000s. Many colleagues knew at least a number of drivers, knew about the teams, knew some history (Prost, Senna) and it was pleasant to discuss.

Now I am the only one it seems who watches. Mainly because it is behind the wall of payment. Now there is a bit more interest because of Stoffel, but they can't tell any other driver, except for Max.

And the races are mostly boring anyway.

There have been boring races in the 70s, 80s 90s with not much overtaking, but at least half the field had some kind of problem and didn't finish, so you had at least some action.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The tracks also looked better. No miles of tarmac run off. They looked on the limit. As you said, not much overtaking but when the cars look spectacular it takes your mind away from thinking about the lack of overtaking.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
The tracks also looked better. No miles of tarmac run off. They looked on the limit. As you said, not much overtaking but when the cars look spectacular it takes your mind away from thinking about the lack of overtaking.

That pretty much what happened to me. Even though I've been following F1 since the mid-90's, those early-2000 beast were the ones that got me hooked. I started to lose a bit of interest in the early-2010's, but somehow this year, I'm becoming as hooked as I was 16 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:43 pm 

How? The racing is terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Iono, I just like the cars.

We haven't had that much races to really judge the quality of racing, though. But I just don't expect incredible racing in every F1 race, so I don't get dissapointed.

IndyCar gives me the great racing fix that I need.