TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1114 115 116 117 118141 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some facts stolen from users on Reddit:

- In the last three races, Mclaren-Honda have been more reliable than Ferrari
- Sad Fact - In the last 3 races Vettel has only out scored Palmer by 4 points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Has there been any talks about the future of the Spanish GP in Montmeló, considering the whole Spain-Catalunya deal?

I mean, several companies are leaving Catalunya and the area may suffer a huge economic hit. Will they (Spain, Catalunya or whoever does) still be paying F1 feed to host the race?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:
Has there been any talks about the future of the Spanish GP in Montmeló, considering the whole Spain-Catalunya deal?

I mean, several companies are leaving Catalunya and the area may suffer a huge economic hit. Will they (Spain, Catalunya or whoever does) still be paying F1 feed to host the race?

Let's look for a solution when the problem is there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
at least no more boring racing in Spain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don't say that just yet, Valencia or Jerez could step into they fray. Though perversely Valencia could actually be good with DRS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There has been rumors flying around this week that Liberty wants a new Grand Prix in the Netherlands. Preferably a street circuit in Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

I cant see it happen but I can understand Liberty's logic with the whole Verstappen Effect. Both Spa and Germany are already feeling it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:02 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Brendon Hartley seems to be the favorite to replace Gasly at COTA. Great choice if so.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hart ... in-964827/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

if not just call the super sub Roberto Moreno, he raced at Minardi before

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
with Tost believed to be open to the possibility of the New Zealander racing for the team next year.

Get stuffed, Chip. :lol:

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He's be just another wasted talent running for a few points each weekend. I hope he goes to Ganassi and takes it to the Penske guys next year. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Man, didn't see that coming, would be cool to see him get a crack at F1 but like you say I think he'd be a wasted talent there, ESPECIALLY with Toro Rosso moving to Honda, so I have mixed feelings, yes I wanna see the first Kiwi in F1 for 33 years but want to see success for him too which he'd be bound to get in Indycar

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jeez Torro Rosso have shot themselves in the foot here. What a shambles. Is there still a rule (was there ever a rule?) that a team cannot use more than 4 drivers a season?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

there's always Pascal Wehrlein to fill that void

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Jeez Torro Rosso have shot themselves in the foot here. What a shambles. Is there still a rule (was there ever a rule?) that a team cannot use more than 4 drivers a season?

Correct. Hartley would be their fourth.

FIA Sporting Regulations wrote:
26) CHANGES OF DRIVER
26.1 a) During a season each team will be permitted to use four drivers. Changes may be made at any time before the start of the qualifying practice session provided any change proposed after 16.00 on the day of scrutineering receives the consent of the stewards.

Additional changes for reasons of force majeure will be considered separately.

Any new driver may score points in the Championship

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

He's had personal backing from Red Bull this entire time and I believe he got on very well with Helmut Marko which tbh is one of the reasons I think he was kept on with the junior squad for quite a while when his results weren't too flash, but I think one of the big reasons he's possibly getting the drive is that Red Bull don't really have many drivers who are Super License eligible, but yea, NZ is going through a golden age the likes of which we haven't seen since Bruce, Denny and Chris were doing their stuff, Nick Cassidy looks set to take the Japanese Super GT title, Brendon and Earl are reigning Le Mans 24 champs and look set to take the WEC crown, Marcus Armstrong is doing very well in F4 in Europe, there's Shane, Scott & Fabian in V8's with Richie most likely to join them at the pointy end and of course then there's Scott Dixon (worthy mentions to Mitch Evans, Hayden Paddon, Chris Van Der Drift & Will Bamber), not bad for a small island with half the population of London down in the South Pacific :p

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

To me Chris Van Der Drift will always been a what might have been driver. I always thought he was good, but after that mega Brands Hatch smash he seems to have drifted off the radar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

He's doing well in GT racing in Asia atm, was Carrera Cup Asian champ in 2015 and is challenging for the title this year too

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:19 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

webbsy wrote:
Don't say that just yet, Valencia or Jerez could step into they fray. Though perversely Valencia could actually be good with DRS.

The street track in Valencia won't be coming back. Aside from the the current situation of the track, it has come to symbolise the excesses and corruption of the previous local and regional Quimby-esque government, with just this week details of cash payments to Bernie emerging. The new mayor is an old guy who rides around on a bike. Unless you meant Ricardo Tormo but I still can't see them going for that. Jerez might be back on the table now that the former Mayor is out of the picture and we're a long way from 1997 - the MotoGP event there is hugely successful.

Response relating to the original question about Circuit de Catalunya and the independence movement in Catalunya:
Spoiler:
The original question is an interesting one, although I doubt it's top of either government's priorities right now and obviously I have no idea what's going to happen but I sort of suspect nothing, at least for a while. From what I can work out, similar to the Valencia Street Circuit's construction and operation costs forming part of that autonomous community's spectacular budget deficit (largest in Spain :metal: ) the Circuit de Catalunya is also financed chiefly - to the tune of 80% - by the regional assembly (Generalitat) along with the Catalonian branch of the Royal Automobile Club, and Montmelo's council. I'm not totally sure on this but those were listed as the principle shareholders when the circuit posted a loss in 2014. The Generalitat justified its funding as part of the Tourism Plan as the circuit is estimated to bring in 330 million to the area, and with Alonsomania having died down, weirdly the net benefits to the area are going up (apparently) as more visitors are foreign and therefore spending more on accommodation than domestic fans might. Where this could get interesting is most likely to be with a possible suspension of Autonomy - the first step towards this happening was taken this week by Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy essentially saying "did you declare or not? We can't hear you"; the next steps depend on Carles Puigdemont's response to whether he did or did not declare independence and whether he wants to continue with that declaration/non-declaration. If Central Government assumes control of Catalunya's finances and everything else, it would then be in charge of the money that goes to the Grand Prix ... but there's obviously still a contract in place and I suspect they would honour it and try to present a Business as Usual front with Catalunya still being part of Spain, nothing to see here. That situation would also be unlikely to last until next May as they would have to hold some new elections rather than continue administering an autonomous region centrally and creating even more tension by doing so. However, elections to me seem like some more 'kick the can down the road' politics as the results are unlikely to be favourable to central government position ... but while it is central government that holds the power the grant a binding referendum, and as long as they suspect they could lose that they aren't going to grant it, electing a pro-independence regional government doesn't get Catalunya any close to what some people there want either. It's all a bit of a farce.

In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast. :flag:

Last edited by OS on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Aragon is the best track in Spain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:45 am 

mclaren2008 wrote:
Aragon is the best track in Spain

I agree, I was there 3 weeks ago for MotoGP. However, it is located a little bit in the middle of nowhere, and the spectator pathways could use some improvements. Getting out of the parking lot after the race was chaos.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1114 115 116 117 118141 Next