TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1015 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
#blessed

But imagine this scenario in the last 3 races and roles reversed (or with any championship driver getting "blocked").

Japan 1997 springs to mind, or maybe Monza 2006

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Grosjean was already on full braking so what was he going to do? Brake harder

Seems legit to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:52 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Not saying it was a penalty but if Mercedes or Ferrari would complain they "lost 3 tenths" because of the move and have data to back it up, this is a penalty.

I hope I'm wrong and the championship won't have that controversy, but the way this season is going...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:39 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

It's better that they don't give penalty for blocking when it doesn't count like they used to. If that would have cost Grosjean something, then it's another story. Now he had another attempt and on drying track, so no harm done really.

And Kimi again the fastest Ferrari, so time for the strategist to fuck his race over sideways tomorrow. Or leave the tire heaters on for 2 seconds too long. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That's silly, if it costs the other person something, then it is worthy of a penalty, otherwise not. That's like going through a red light in the middle of the night and not getting a fine because it bothered no one. Or blasting through double waved yellows and not being punished because no one got hurt.

It's another perfect example of how stewards/FIA are inconsistent. I bet if it was the other way around, there would be zero hesitation of a penalty, look at Vandoorne in Austria.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

That's well argumented, sir, I give you that. But running red lights speeding through double yellows are different, you put lives on stakes with those. Vandoorne example is just a showcase on how FIA can have different penalties for the exact same breach, Perez wasn't penalized for his attack on Bottas at Austria, nor was Massa against Bottas in qualifying today. So FIA only favors Hamilton and Vettel now.

Maybe they should have delta time rule in qualifying adopted? No ridiculously slow driving in the last sector and cooling/out laps needs to be done outside of the 9.groove if the car right behind you (like five or ten seconds behind, not half lap) is on a real flying lap (as in, not just faster cooling/out lap. There, fixed! No need to give or not give penalties in every qualifying sessions for blocking.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:32 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

They should find a way to be consistent. I don't really care if they penalize or not, but if blocking/impeding someone else is a punishable offense, it should be clear what the punishment should be and shouldn't be left at the whims of ever-changing stewards. It should be defined in the rules what is what including how to determine the punishment and let absolutely nothing defined or at the wims of people. Then you'll have this mess.

'Yes he impeded, but we feel that there was no harm done, so no penalty'. Almost feels a bit like, 'we've let Vettel a bit off the hook, so we need to do some payback somehow.'

Anyway, let's hope we have a cracking race and that Lewis needs to do some work and not drive off in the distance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can't believe Hamilton got away with that.
Bottas received a grid penalty and 2 penalty points after impeding Ricciardo in Malaysia 2014 qualifying. Just compare it (login required): https://www.darcyf1.com/download.php?z=28991

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It wasn't blocking as such, but that would have badly distracted Grosjean, who wouldn't have been sure whether Lewis was about to accelerate hard or keep out of the way.

Had it been the other way around, and Lewis had missed out on pole, it would be seen as a much bigger deal and I could see Grosjean getting a penalty.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ofcourse Grosjean is right about two types of decision. But that is nothing new.
Remember last year in Mexico with two identical incidents with Hamilton and Verstappen, where only Verstappen received a penalty. Or Vettel in Baku.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeister wrote:
I think that when you have a car going super slowly in the middle of the track & your approaching at full speed not fully knowing what there going to do it's bound to be a distraction & make you a bit hesitant.

Not sure this specific incident is necessarily worthy of a penalty, But I do think Lewis (Or probably more likely the team who have all the GPS) could have been a bit more aware of cars coming up behind him & not been going so slowly on the racing line when cars coming up behind him are still on hot laps.

OnBoard + Track cam from the highlights channel:
https://vid.me/dNgAN

Thanks for posting the link. Very surprised he got away without a penalty in this case. #Blessed as usual.
Not the first time Lewis has been guilty of doing a similar thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfyeIa0oNE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:26 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Karan wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
I think that when you have a car going super slowly in the middle of the track & your approaching at full speed not fully knowing what there going to do it's bound to be a distraction & make you a bit hesitant.

Not sure this specific incident is necessarily worthy of a penalty, But I do think Lewis (Or probably more likely the team who have all the GPS) could have been a bit more aware of cars coming up behind him & not been going so slowly on the racing line when cars coming up behind him are still on hot laps.

OnBoard + Track cam from the highlights channel:
https://vid.me/dNgAN

Thanks for posting the link. Very surprised he got away without a penalty in this case. #Blessed as usual.
Not the first time Lewis has been guilty of doing a similar thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfyeIa0oNE

Wow yeah, he really cost Schumi that lap in free practice :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure it's the same mentality which leads top drivers to have trouble accepting they are ever in the wrong - put simply, if he is the fastest guy on the track, then there's no way someone like Grosjean would be fast enough to be held up.

Definitely not singling out Lewis for this, either. We often see top drivers forgetting that other cars exist.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:16 am 

8 miles northish of the circuit here. Overcast and a bit grey, but mild.

Local weather indicates 'black' cloud and is hedging its bets by saying 'showers quite possible'.

Dry race incoming.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
I'm sure it's the same mentality which leads top drivers to have trouble accepting they are ever in the wrong - put simply, if he is the fastest guy on the track, then there's no way someone like Grosjean would be fast enough to be held up.

Talking about failed logic. So even if Hamilton stands still on track, he will not hold up anyone in any way. :yes: :wave:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:17 am 

Tom wrote:
8 miles northish of the circuit here. Overcast and a bit grey, but mild.

Local weather indicates 'black' cloud and is hedging its bets by saying 'showers quite possible'.

Dry race incoming.

Light showers forming about 100 km west of the circuit, doubt they'll come in time for the race.

No rain.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:45 am 

This is the UK. 100km west of Silverstone as the crow flies is pretty much Wales, another country.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

Talking about failed logic. So even if Hamilton stands still on track, he will not hold up anyone in any way. :yes: :wave:

No-one is suggesting that logic takes precedence over self-belief :whistling:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyone have an acestream link, btw?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

gkmotorsport wrote:
Anyone have an acestream link, btw?

Not an Acestream stream but can be used with it

http://motorsport.cf:8080

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1015 Next