TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why is that elderly person allowed in the VIP room?

Also, incoming fine for bottas for not placing the headrest back in the car

Last edited by micha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stoff finished the race!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

happy to see Bottas get the win, actually a decent battle there at the end (sucks that Vettel lost time in traffic but that's racing)

Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Official request for the "rate the GP" thread to include minus figures.

Even Baku last year had a few overtakes through the field.

2017 Aero Regs in a nut shell, 3 seconds gap between the entire field after 1 lap of racing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Silver Member
Silver Member

micha wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
Good for Bottas but let's forget about this boredom and move on.

Forget what?

Dunno, already forgot ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't be too excited bottas and Kimi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the best thing of this race apart from Bottas first win was the fact that DRS was used only in the end of the race

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Official request for the "rate the GP" thread to include minus figures.

For the consistency reasons the scale will be the same as before.
You can choose 0/10 and say you meant -5, though :p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

-5 is a bit generous...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh cmon Eddie you must be f..... high when you say one of the best races we seen.
Not a single pass on track, not even 1. F... the tilkedromes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

alex1369 wrote:
Oh cmon Eddie you must be f..... high when you say one of the best races we seen.

He's told what to say and ask in an earpeace.

Interestingly I noticed he'd taken it out by the end of the interviews, I bet even he was tired of their shit :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I know, but how can you lie to te pepole at the grandstands and the one in front of tv at home. They have eyes and they saw that its crap.
He should have said "not one of the interesting races...
But oh well lets hope the next one will be better

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Our TV lies to people 24/7, not a big deal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
alex1369 wrote:

He's told what to say and ask in an earpeace. It was a direct order from Vladmir Putin

ftfy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:20 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I'd obey anything he said too tbf

He's probably hoping to run for the Irish presidency and needs Putin to sort it for him :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:22 pm 
The most anticipated member

For the second consecutive Grand Prix, I'm happy with Massa's performance. Given the limitations of equipment, he's delivering.

My criticism against him after Chinese GP is because I know he could've done a better job. I'm conscious that more than that he still can't do because Williams still needs to improve. I don't know If it's lack of top speed, if it's lack of speed in the turns or overheating in the tyres but I'm waiting for corrections.

If Williams is successful in correcting current issues, I'm convinced Massa can do top 5 or even podiums.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:27 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

JJ wrote:
Finns are so quiet.

micha wrote:
Don't be too excited Bottas and Kimi

What you witnessed is how Finns communicate super effectively, and efficiently.

You think Kimi was there just sitting down and Valtteri came to shake his hand and they nodded in the end and that's it? Maybe they have some grudge between them and they don't come along? You couldn't be far off from the truth.

What really happened was communication without useless words and small-talk.

Kimi was there, sitting in the chair, waiting for Bottas to arrive, there was only two seats, so Kimi spared the other seat for the fellow Finn. And as a good gesture for a well deserved win, he spared the seat that was closer to the door for Valtteri. Once Valtteri entered the room, Kimi raised his other corner of mouth about 3 millimeters (you can see it in a slo-motion better) as like saying "hey, bout time for you to join the winners circle, dude!". Bottas then walked to thank Kimi for his gestures and politely shook his hand but didn't want him to get up for him for nothing. Then Valtteri raised his other corner of the mouth about 4 millimeters (one extra for being the winner), like saying "Thanks Kimi! Also great to see you on podium and sharing this wonderful day! It makes it even better!" Then of course both nodded and that's like saying "Yeah, what a great day for Finland! But next time we'll take it 1-2. Now let's go see the results from the screen, Seb will probably want to talk about the race, difficulties to overtake and blue flags." "Yeah, he seems like he wants to say something and finds the quietness unsettling. So typical for the rest of the world. But before he opens his mouth, let's get prepared for the formalities that soon follow." Then Vettel thought it was awkward and decided to break the silence.

Why didn't they talk? Because they already knew the situation and had done the conversation in mind. That's Finnish effective and efficient communication. It's perfectly fine to say a good colleague or friend on Friday "Have a weekend" (actually it's just one word that you need to use in Finnish) and perfectly polite reply is to nod. And you don't even have to wish the other person to have a good weekend, just a weekend! It's actually a factual thing that he or she is going to have a weekend, it doesn't have to be good, you don't have to enjoy it. And it's actually more polite to just wish someone to have a weekend. It's off-time from the work and people, well deserved rest. And sometimes you can't enjoy the weekend anyways, like when it's October or November or when you have a funeral to go to. Someone wishes you to enjoy the weekend when you have to bury someone you loved? It's much more polite to wish other person to just have a weekend, enjoying is optional and should be like that. Nodding is also polite, the other person probably don't want to hear about your aunties funerals and you don't want to ruin his weekend by telling that. Just nod, maybe raise your other corner of the mouth by 2 millimeters (hey, you didn't win an F1 race, did you?) and raise your hand as a sign of farewell until next time.

Now that you know, don't say Finns are rude, it's the complete opposite. Sorry that I had to explain this. But I bet reading this far was far more entertaining than watching today's race if you were not a Finn or supporting any of the drivers from Top3, or even from top2 as Kimi was not in the fight for the win. Other fans didn't have much to cheer about.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

alex1369 wrote:

He's the best podium interviewer out of all the one's they have featured imo. Comes across as the most candid and friendly whereas the rest are all too clinical.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:49 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

NVirkkula wrote:
JJ wrote:
Finns are so quiet.

micha wrote:
Don't be too excited Bottas and Kimi

What you witnessed is how Finns communicate super effectively, and efficiently.

You think Kimi was there just sitting down and Valtteri came to shake his hand and they nodded in the end and that's it? Maybe they have some grudge between them and they don't come along? You couldn't be far off from the truth.

What really happened was communication without useless words and small-talk.

Kimi was there, sitting in the chair, waiting for Bottas to arrive, there was only two seats, so Kimi spared the other seat for the fellow Finn. And as a good gesture for a well deserved win, he spared the seat that was closer to the door for Valtteri. Once Valtteri entered the room, Kimi raised his other corner of mouth about 3 millimeters (you can see it in a slo-motion better) as like saying "hey, bout time for you to join the winners circle, dude!". Bottas then walked to thank Kimi for his gestures and politely shook his hand but didn't want him to get up for him for nothing. Then Valtteri raised his other corner of the mouth about 4 millimeters (one extra for being the winner), like saying "Thanks Kimi! Also great to see you on podium and sharing this wonderful day! It makes it even better!" Then of course both nodded and that's like saying "Yeah, what a great day for Finland! But next time we'll take it 1-2. Now let's go see the results from the screen, Seb will probably want to talk about the race, difficulties to overtake and blue flags." "Yeah, he seems like he wants to say something and finds the quietness unsettling. So typical for the rest of the world. But before he opens his mouth, let's get prepared for the formalities that soon follow." Then Vettel thought it was awkward and decided to break the silence.

Why didn't they talk? Because they already knew the situation and had done the conversation in mind. That's Finnish effective and efficient communication. It's perfectly fine to say a good colleague or friend on Friday "Have a weekend" (actually it's just one word that you need to use in Finnish) and perfectly polite reply is to nod. And you don't even have to wish the other person to have a good weekend, just a weekend! It's actually a factual thing that he or she is going to have a weekend, it doesn't have to be good, you don't have to enjoy it. And it's actually more polite to just wish someone to have a weekend. It's off-time from the work and people, well deserved rest. And sometimes you can't enjoy the weekend anyways, like when it's October or November or when you have a funeral to go to. Someone wishes you to enjoy the weekend when you have to bury someone you loved? It's much more polite to wish other person to just have a weekend, enjoying is optional and should be like that. Nodding is also polite, the other person probably don't want to hear about your aunties funerals and you don't want to ruin his weekend by telling that. Just nod, maybe raise your other corner of the mouth by 2 millimeters (hey, you didn't win an F1 race, did you?) and raise your hand as a sign of farewell until next time.

Now that you know, don't say Finns are rude, it's the complete opposite. Sorry that I had to explain this. But I bet reading this far was far more entertaining than watching today's race if you were not a Finn or supporting any of the drivers from Top3, or even from top2 as Kimi was not in the fight for the win. Other fans didn't have much to cheer about.

What on earth are you finish people smoking, birch leaves? :D

No hard feelings, it's just a bit boring when the emotions aren't displayed. I totally get the finish mentality and I do admire it for its efficiency and integrity, but there's got to be a link to the highest suicide rate right there. Just compare the images after qualy with the images today. A jumping around Seb spreads much more emotion and Love and joy and atmosphere than a nod. I get it, I don't criticize it, i just can't get excited about it.

But I really did like your post :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:25 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Justin Time wrote:
What on earth are you finish people smoking, birch leaves? :D

No hard feelings, it's just a bit boring when the emotions aren't displayed. I totally get the finish mentality and I do admire it for its efficiency and integrity, but there's got to be a link to the highest suicide rate right there. Just compare the images after qualy with the images today. A jumping around Seb spreads much more emotion and Love and joy and atmosphere than a nod. I get it, I don't criticize it, i just can't get excited about it.

But I really did like your post :D

No, no, no. We don't smoke birch leaves. We take xylitol from birch sap and put it in our bubble gum. :lol:

And no hard feelings of course, it's a good point to refer to suicides, but in the 90's we had the great depression and it has more in to those statistics than our mentality in general. It's not that we are hiding our true emotions, we just keep our candel under the bushel and share it in a way that seems weird for other people. In general Finns just want to do things and not talk about it that much. Kinda like the opposite compared to Swedes...or rest of the world. If you've tried My Summer Car game, it's not actually lacking features or storyline. It's 1995 in Finland countryside! There is no storyline! Or actually there is, you are in Finland, during summer and you have a summer car project. You only meet other people when you need something (like food, money or service). Make no mistake, the game is not lacking anything and it's very enjoyable. You go back to the year of first ice hockey world championship and enjoy the silence of the countryside. Warm up the sauna, drink beer and eat sausage. What else do you need? Ok, I'm from Arctic Circle, so there should be more mosquitos and there should be midnight sun and occasional snowing, but hey, it's only a game.

So thanks for the compliments, I'm writing of course with a bit of a tongue on a cheek and I stereotype Finns just a bit. We are simple people, we enjoy nice things. Sure we kinda invented few amazing things during these first hundred years as an independent nation, had few wars but rebuild the country and we've won basically every important sports there is. But deep down Finns are nice and maybe a bit on introvert side. But once we win ice hockey world championship (or the olympics sometime soon), you see the real emotions. Even better if we beat Sweden in the finals. Sorry, Jacob, but you know how it is. :mrgreen:

Also, it's very nice to be a stereotypical Finn. You don't need to have work-personality or other personalities. Just watch F1, Rally and Ice Hockey and drink beer and eat sausage. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next