TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:05 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I do think it's true Mercedes sacrificed Lewis' gap to try and get Nico past the Ferrari's
They just fucked up with 2 slower pitstops for Lewis that changed the planned Lewis led 1-2 to a Nico Led 1-2

They could've pitted Lewis much earlier to cover off Nico and had him easily back in the lead, but it probably would've meant nico would've been behind Raikkonen at least if not Vettel too.
But they correctly banked on Ferrari's tactical immaturity which tempted them into going for the 1-2.
then the safety car and the slow pit stop and uh-oh, this has gone too well.

To play devils advocate, you can see why this is suspicious, this never happened when Lewis was down the field and needed such tactical help, it always seemed like 2nd was the best he'd be able to manage and that was if he drove his balls off.
Yet the first time Nico is down the field he's almost gifted the win by the team

Anyway, I agree, fuck Skyf1, lets hope Channel 4 are slightly less biased so the majority of f1 fans don't see things through their view

Crash aside, as long as Mercedes are honest with their reasons of tactics, this will be a storm in a teacup
Also the final lap happened so no-one will probably care any more :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:12 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

When I saw Nico's last lap defence, I immediately thought of Brundle's famous line "you hit the wrong part of him my friend". In fact, sod it, like Schuey in 97, I think Nico should be disqualified from this year's standings for his professional foul!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I find it funny how some are calling for rosberg to be penalised. It's not like he turned out into Hamilton, his brakes were fading. If anything, Hamilton turned in on rosberg. It would be very different if it were the other way around...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:37 pm 

Raikkon wrote:
I find it funny how some are calling for rosberg to be penalised. It's not like he turned out into Hamilton, his brakes were fading. If anything, Hamilton turned in on rosberg. It would be very different if it were the other way around...

Davidson's analysis on Sky seemed to have it covered. Sure he may have had a brake problem, but Rosberg didn't even attempt to turn in initially, and when he did it was only half lock until Hamilton was well into the run off.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:39 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Slam wrote:
When I saw Nico's last lap defence, I immediately thought of Brundle's famous line "you hit the wrong part of him my friend". In fact, sod it, like Schuey in 97, I think Nico should be disqualified from this year's standings for his professional foul!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LOL clown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:46 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Raikkon wrote:

LOL If Hamilton didn't turn when he did he'd have been very much off track. He was also slightly ahead so probably had Nico in his blind spot expecting that he'd already turned in and was setting him up for the undercut to pass down the next straight

Anyone who thinks anything but 100% Nico's fault will out themselves as the most massive Anti-lewis hater.
Which to be fair most of this forum is and they're STILL blaming Nico so that shows you how much Rosberg fucked up :lol:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fucking heck, Hamilton turned in as late as possible. What more could he do?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
Fucking heck, Hamilton turned in as late as possible. What more could he do?

Yeah, Rosberg tried to do a Montoya 2001. I know about the brakes but if they were on the limit he could have braked earlier...
But he didnt didnt he. And then he blames Lewis cuz he turned in. Where does he need to go mr. Nico.
Next to the barrier?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I guess it's finally true the f1 fans of 20 years time will be looking back on this era with the same kind of romanticism as we do the Prost/Senna battles.

and Lewis/Nico have collided way more times than Alain and Aryton ever did :mrgreen:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Raikkon wrote:

LOL If Hamilton didn't turn when he did he'd have been very much off track.

While I do agree that rosberg turned in too late, the point that should be be made is that if it were the other way round, it probably wouldn't have gone down the same way. There have been numerous times where Hamilton has not given rosberg space or gone wide, where rosberg has chosen to be forced off rather than causing a collision. 1st turn in Montreal is one that immediately springs to mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:04 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Raikkon wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Raikkon wrote:

LOL If Hamilton didn't turn when he did he'd have been very much off track.

While I do agree that rosberg turned in too late, the point that should be be made is that if it were the other way round, it probably wouldn't have gone down the same way. There have been numerous times where Hamilton has not given rosberg space or gone wide, where rosberg has chosen to be forced off rather than causing a collision. 1st turn in Montreal is one that immediately springs to mind.

If it'd been the other way round I'm sure we'd have the same 99% condemnation of Lewis as Nico is receiving now.
And I actually think Lewis' would be more pragmatic about it since he actually understands how racing works. He'd probably just say "my brakes weren't working, I tried to defend, it didn't work and I made a mistake. Then some talk about how he was destined not to win today due to some higher power, bit more depressed talk making it sound like he needs to be put on suicide watch.
But fundamentally handling the sitation better than Nico is.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

alex1369 wrote:
Montoya 2001

A few people mention this incident like it was deliberate blocking from Montoya, but it wasn't really. His intent was to make the corner and take the inside line, but then he clearly lit up his tyres, lost the rear, and overshot the corner (actually, he ended up worse off than Schumacher).

Calling Rosberg's defending move today "a Montoya" is a bit of a stretch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It was more a blind heat of the moment trying to outbrake when the car wasn't going to obey his intentions that was the similarity.

I do think there was more intent of Nico to teach Lewis a lesson than with Montoya, who was genuinely just trying to outbreak fairly but ended up on the dusty side of the track and couldn't get it stopped

Similar, but not identical.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:04 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Hamilton passed under yellow flags, imo.

Throw him out of the race (j/k)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

10sec penalty, 2 points on license for Rosberg. No real change in results.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
coldtyre wrote:
A few people mention this incident like it was deliberate blocking from Montoya, but it wasn't really. His intent was to make the corner and take the inside line, but then he clearly lit up his tyres, lost the rear, and overshot the corner (actually, he ended up worse off than Schumacher).

Calling Rosberg's defending move today "a Montoya" is a bit of a stretch

I agree, look how he lost the braking point, Rosberg didn't even locked the brakes

BTW that sea of gravel around the track <3

Last edited by LucasWheldon on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:09 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

10s Penalty and 2 penalty points for Rosberg

LOL FIA, how lame

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:33 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Decent penalty in my mind. It was a racing accident.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If Rosberg had a genuine brake problem, then he was screwed either way. Brake early and allow Lewis through easily, and be seen as the weaker driver. Or brake late trying to keep the lead, and hope that he comes out of any contact still ahead. Being the last lap, I wouldn't blame him for trying to hold on to the win.

But it was 100% his fault, and I do think there was more to it than just the brakes. He really didn't seem to make an effort to turn into the corner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
If Rosberg had a genuine brake problem, then he was screwed either way. Brake early and allow Lewis through easily, and be seen as the weaker driver. Or brake late trying to keep the lead, and hope that he comes out of any contact still ahead. Being the last lap, I wouldn't blame him for trying to hold on to the win.

But it was 100% his fault, and I do think there was more to it than just the brakes. He really didn't seem to make an effort to turn into the corner.

Rosberg has said in an interview that the brakes failed on the penultimate lap, so he had time to get used to the issue. He didn't feel it didn't contribute to the incident.

http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/9 ... t-mir.html

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next