TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1938 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12515/10210874/f1-qualifying-u-turn-likely-by-bahrain-gp-after-new-system-lambasted

Back to the 2015 system.

F1 is doing such a good job at being amateurs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

deggis wrote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123342/teams-rubbish-qualifying-has-to-change
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... fying-crap
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ing-system

Funny part is that it had to be also the teams that voted yes for this bullcrap in the first place. The change came after Strategy Group and F1 Commission meetings. Not sure about Commission, but in the Strategy Group teams have 6 votes (the six "biggest teams"), FIA 6 and FOM 6.

Niki Lauda gave Sky F1 UK pretty much the entire run down of what happened. It went along the lines of Bernie stating that the pole guy would start tenth, second 9th etc. Everyone thought that he was joking. There was no hope in hell that the old qualy system was staying, and this is basically the compromise that was made in order for him not to implement his system.

Blame solely 100% lies with Bernie/FOM. I usually think the teams are dipshits who look out for only themselves, but I am glad that they agreed on this. Because it shows the F1 world just how stupid and out of touch Bernie is, how much this system sucks balls, and there is the possibility that this can be reversed. I fear that under Bernie's pole to 10th way, that would have stayed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:15 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Kimi being a staunch politician as always: "It's not my job to judge is it good or not. It's a rule and this is how they want it."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:18 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

I'm done watching qualifying now. Ewww, what a shit format. Enough said.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This was me throughout the new qualifying format

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Maybe it's time to let the GPDA write the sporting regulations.

Still, never mind. Phoenix in 2 weeks.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also, it can't be much longer until someone gives James Key the TD job at a top team. The man has pulled off another miracle.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
deggis wrote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123342/teams-rubbish-qualifying-has-to-change

Funny part is that it had to be also the teams that voted yes for this bullcrap in the first place. The change came after Strategy Group and F1 Commission meetings. Not sure about Commission, but in the Strategy Group teams have 6 votes (the six "biggest teams"), FIA 6 and FOM 6.

Niki Lauda gave Sky F1 UK pretty much the entire run down of what happened. It went along the lines of Bernie stating that the pole guy would start tenth, second 9th etc. Everyone thought that he was joking. There was no hope in hell that the old qualy system was staying, and this is basically the compromise that was made in order for him not to implement his system.

Blame solely 100% lies with Bernie/FOM. I usually think the teams are dipshits who look out for only themselves, but I am glad that they agreed on this. Because it shows the F1 world just how stupid and out of touch Bernie is, how much this system sucks balls, and there is the possibility that this can be reversed. I fear that under Bernie's pole to 10th way, that would have stayed.

They're still fucking idiots. They should have told him to stuff his stupid idea in his wrinkly ass and fuck off. If he wouldn't listen and push his idea through just boycott the weekend.
But they can't because if they would they're in breach of contract with Bernie. They let him fuck them for so long he has them by the little balls they have left.

And their balls are so small they don't even dare to stand together saying that If Bernie fines one of them or keeps 1 penny behind for they boycott they all walk completely.

The real problem in F1 is the "me myself and I" attitude and Bernie knows exactly how to abuse that. He knows the teams wont stick together until the end. He just gives one a bag of money to fall out of line and the rest crawl back to him begging him to rape them some more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I recorded it and just watched it, that was awful. All they've done is force cars out on track immediately, and then eliminate cars that were on a faster lap but not allowed to complete their lap, unless they're the last car to be eliminated by the session time going to 0, then they're allowed to finish their lap?

It made 0 sense at all. I thought there was nothing wrong with last years system, other than the slight annoyance of the initial sitting in the pits waiting for the ideal time to go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:11 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Amid all the qualy trollery, Toro Rosso's performance is being missed. That car is really good.
Verstappen only 3 tenths behind the '16 version of his engine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:17 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

cookie wrote:
Just make q1 30 minutes to get in the top 10, and then have the top 10 do 1 lap superpole.

Yup agree with this idea.

+ The car who finishes 1st in the 30 minute qualifying to start the solo lap first. 10th will do his solo lap last and should have better track condition (unless it rains)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:26 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

webbsy wrote:
deggis wrote:

Euhm, no. This is Bernie's way of getting the teams to do anything at all. We all know who got veto power and the big teams don't want change. Bernie comes up with a ridiculous idea which 100% will vote no for, just to get something to change. He has done this many times before and will do it again unless the teams actually come together. Look at the rules for 2017. It will turn out to be barely a change, when the idea was to be almost monstrously different. But the big teams watered it down so they will hardly loose any advantage they already have.

The only thing you can blame Bernie for is the stupidity of everyone else in the 70/80s? for allowing him to get the sole rights to F1 for a gazillion years. Bernie wants to sell, the teams in power want to resume the status quo and the teams not in power want to be in power.

So blame the teams, they actually voted for this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Apparently it was Charlie Whiting who came up with the idea for this qualifying format. How much longer can this man be allowed to ruin F1, I would have fired him years ago. He never makes good decisions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
Amid all the qualy trollery, Toro Rosso's performance is being missed. That car is really good.
Verstappen only 3 tenths behind the '16 version of his engine.

No wonder Ferrari didn't want to suply a 2016 engine.

Gael wrote:
I recorded it and just watched it, that was awful. All they've done is force cars out on track immediately, and then eliminate cars that were on a faster lap but not allowed to complete their lap, unless they're the last car to be eliminated by the session time going to 0, then they're allowed to finish their lap?

It made 0 sense at all. I thought there was nothing wrong with last years system, other than the slight annoyance of the initial sitting in the pits waiting for the ideal time to go.

Together With the New tire rule and F1 stuck behind a paywall they're doing an awesome job of keeping the next generation of fans at bay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

If they allowed the person who was going to be eliminated to finish the lap they were on, it might have been a bit better

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

IceMan wrote:
If they allowed the person who was going to be eliminated to finish the lap they were on, it might have been a bit better

I keep seeing this said, but it just wouldn't work. Say we're at Spa and the guy in last starts a lap 10 seconds before the cut off - he won't finish the lap until after the next cut off. Good luck figuring that one out...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess that was the main issue, the elimination clock should go until the driver last on the buble complete his lap, then restart

about Q3, just sort positions randomly, to make Mercedes catch up the field

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

IceMan wrote:

I don't see how this works. Let's say 22nd (Wehrlein) is going to be eliminated, and he just started his lap with 5 seconds to elimination. Now, the 15th (Grosjean) also started his lap, but 6 seconds behind Wehrlein. If we allow Wehrlein to improve his position, many drivers between Wehrlein and Grosjean improve until Grosjean is 21st, and he becomes the one being eliminated immediately when Wehrlein crosses the line finishing 16th. Thus, Grosjean should be allowed to finish his lap (or not), and once he improves, if someone else is on the lap, this driver can improve as well and we are in a loop. And if the lap time is more than 1:30, and Wehrlein finishes 21st, he's also out immediately despite improving. But if the lap time is more than 1:35, Wehrlein improving to 20th is once again going to be eliminated, and can finish his lap, and there's a second loop. But first we must wait that the driver who was 21st finishes his lap, affecting the position of Wehrlein.
What does this mean to Grosjean? I have no freaking idea! Just abandon this nonsense.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:14 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

JJ wrote:
IceMan wrote:

I don't see how this works. Let's say 22nd (Wehrlein) is going to be eliminated, and he just started his lap with 5 seconds to elimination. Now, the 15th (Grosjean) also started his lap, but 6 seconds behind Wehrlein. If we allow Wehrlein to improve his position, many drivers between Wehrlein and Grosjean improve until Grosjean is 21st, and he becomes the one being eliminated immediately when Wehrlein crosses the line finishing 16th. Thus, Grosjean should be allowed to finish his lap (or not), and once he improves, if someone else is on the lap, this driver can improve as well and we are in a loop. And if the lap time is more than 1:30, and Wehrlein finishes 21st, he's also out immediately despite improving. But if the lap time is more than 1:35, Wehrlein improving to 20th is once again going to be eliminated, and can finish his lap, and there's a second loop. But first we must wait that the driver who was 21st finishes his lap, affecting the position of Wehrlein.
What does this mean to Grosjean? I have no freaking idea! Just abandon this nonsense.

Yeah, now it makes a bit sense why they not allow drivers to finish the lap, someone would pay the price if everyone else can finish their lap and that would produce some randomness to the grid WHICH WAS THE ONLY REASON THEY CHANGED TO THIS FORMAT! I'm sorry, it's still stupid and non-functional mess.

The old Indy500 qualifying Carb Day with driver being in the bubble and still getting a chance to improve was functional. The down side for F1 is that it would take a full day to let one car go for a lap. The Indycar road course qualifying system with left side and right side lane drivers being in different groups makes more sense than the blashemy that F1 is now using. Even Bernie's time penalty just for qualifying (or a weight penalty could do the same trick) system would make more sense.

Either go back to 90's 12 lap in 60 minutes or that. Either be conservative or if you want randomness at the front of the grid, give extra weight for the drivers with most points.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1938 Next