TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45151 Next

What's going to be the biggest surprise of 2016 season?
Ferrari beats Mercedes 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Williams will stay 3rd in standings 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
McLaren Honda gets podium 37%  37%  [ 29 ]
No wet races 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Maldonado and Palmer are incredibly reliable and scores in every race 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
People will not complain how boring it is 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
It isn't actually boring at all 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Total votes: 79
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lucasjeha wrote:
siggy wrote:
F1 is no sport for everybody with money anymore. If they don't like you, you will not be able to join with the reason it woyld be detrimental to the sports image. Lol.

I have no problem of more 'lesser able' teams. Minardi was loved by everyone. Not anymore...

Not only Minardi, there were several nice underdog teams in the past... Osella, AGS, RAM, ATS, Rial, Eurobrunn, Onyx, Coloni, Fondmetal, Scuderia Italia... also many teams who weren't on the top class, but could once in a while make a spark, like Ligier, Jordan, March... and even big teams that has disappeared with time, like Tyrrell, Brabham and the real Lotus! F1 has lost it's bright and it's not something new, that brightness was decreasing year by year! A sport that once were made for real racers and people with passion for racing, is now just made for a little bunch of rich spoiled kids and some ridiculous greedy organizers!

I feel frustrated with F1, but it's like an addiction, just as smoking and alcohol is for some people, I simply cannot quit! F1 was once something that would bring me a lot of happines, pleasure, excitement and joy! Right now, it's just something that makes me lost my time and even change my schedule, just for this old addiction I can't get rid of! The only pleasure I have with F1 nowadays, is the memories of the old times when we had real races and real racers out there! F1 has completelly lost it's human side!

Thankfully, there are other series that still can bring some good moments!

I really loved those times, but lets face it those teams were just crap. Its all well and good to look back with rose coloured glasses but let's not over look the fact that there are certain outfits that just don't belong in F1, Caterham and HRT being the most recent examples.

F1 does need more teams like Jordan ad Ligier though. Teams that can produce value to the grid and have the occasional good result. This is why I feel Hass is actually one of the most important things to happen to F1 in quite a while. If they succeed and F1 promotes them well enough then we could have other similar teams join, bring value to F1 and boost its health, despite having the dipshits in charge who want to destroy the sport.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

webbsy wrote:
Lucasjeha wrote:
siggy wrote:
F1 is no sport for everybody with money anymore. If they don't like you, you will not be able to join with the reason it woyld be detrimental to the sports image. Lol.

I have no problem of more 'lesser able' teams. Minardi was loved by everyone. Not anymore...

Not only Minardi, there were several nice underdog teams in the past... Osella, AGS, RAM, ATS, Rial, Eurobrunn, Onyx, Coloni, Fondmetal, Scuderia Italia... also many teams who weren't on the top class, but could once in a while make a spark, like Ligier, Jordan, March... and even big teams that has disappeared with time, like Tyrrell, Brabham and the real Lotus! F1 has lost it's bright and it's not something new, that brightness was decreasing year by year! A sport that once were made for real racers and people with passion for racing, is now just made for a little bunch of rich spoiled kids and some ridiculous greedy organizers!

I feel frustrated with F1, but it's like an addiction, just as smoking and alcohol is for some people, I simply cannot quit! F1 was once something that would bring me a lot of happines, pleasure, excitement and joy! Right now, it's just something that makes me lost my time and even change my schedule, just for this old addiction I can't get rid of! The only pleasure I have with F1 nowadays, is the memories of the old times when we had real races and real racers out there! F1 has completelly lost it's human side!

Thankfully, there are other series that still can bring some good moments!

I really loved those times, but lets face it those teams were just crap. Its all well and good to look back with rose coloured glasses but let's not over look the fact that there are certain outfits that just don't belong in F1, Caterham and HRT being the most recent examples.

F1 does need more teams like Jordan ad Ligier though. Teams that can produce value to the grid and have the occasional good result. This is why I feel Hass is actually one of the most important things to happen to F1 in quite a while. If they succeed and F1 promotes them well enough then we could have other similar teams join, bring value to F1 and boost its health, despite having the dipshits in charge who want to destroy the sport.

Yes, I understand your point! Also, for the credibility of the series, it's good to have teams that will stay longer than just 2 or 3 seasons. But there's another side on that, back on those times, even if that teams would only exist for a very short time, it could give the chance to much more drivers to have a go in F1. I mean, many teams could have been just dust in the wind in the past, but for those who worked on that teams, this very short time was one of the most important of their lifes, they were reaching their dreams, that made the sport much more captivating, those people were real passionate! Also, the big number of teams could produce some great surprises, a team could not even pre qualify in a race and reach the points zone in the very next one, in a time where only the top six could score. The teams would improve in different directions during a season, which meant we could see many ups and downs and the drivers needed to value much more their results. For the drivers, for the sport and especially for the public, those factors created the era where motorsports grew the most and attracted a huge number of fans (me included).

As for Haas, I completelly agree with you! I really hope it can give a new boost to F1! The problem is that if this boost really comes, will the F1 management be able to use it correctly? It's very difficult to think they would, given the recent actions. Almost forgot to say, I'm glad Manor has improved either, at least by the tests, it seems as they will not be so far away from the others like in the previous seasons. I really hope they can keep this improvement. Everytime I look at Manor I think of Jules and those points he got at Monaco. That was just "a little" for many people, but for Manor, it was the difference between continuing in F1 or leaving it! Manor still standing up, despite all the crisis and lack of proper money, means Bianchi effort wasn't in vain, this is really nice to see and I hope they never forget that!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCTS38Akqlx/

Jaime Alguersuari came out of the closet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhRghi4yF68

Memo to Sutill lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:

Good for him. And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Sports is one of the hardest professions to be openly gay in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:10 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

interesting rendition of the to-be Baku circuit:

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/7261/baku-circuit-presentation/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:18 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

My whole point was that the only reason a team 'belongs' in F1 is because they can be there. Everything else feels like 'entitlement' by an old rich guys country club.

There is a reason that we have people like Toto, Monisha, the Ferrari guy in F1. Too much business, not enough passion from 'real racers'.

Yes, i know, that's also 'entitlement' in a way, but i rather see passionate people doing what they love then business minded people taking the passion out of it.

Ah well. The addiction story above is so true. I'm also craving to do simracing again....sigh...

Question is, is it a way to relive pasdion or just fantasizing about a glorified past?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Good for him. And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Sports is one of the hardest professions to be openly gay in.

I agree, never liked him as a driver, but he deserves to be happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just thought of a good way to make qualifying more random. Don't have 3 practice sessions before qualifying. 1 short 30 minute warm up followed by normal qualifying. Then have the free practice sessions before the race. All focus on car setup can then be on the racesetup. Cars who qualified out of position can setup the car for more straigth line speed. No more stupid parc ferme rules.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:41 pm 

micha wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:

He retired last year from racing i believe?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYB3CmxsDs

McLaren hinting about a new livery, with traditional Marlboro colors, might be just a decoy or something like that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ridiculous. Ever seen the flag of Japan? Plus the Mclaren logo has some red in it. Why would they uncover the car and then launch a 2nd paint scheme? Ron is silly, not senile.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

siggy wrote:
Ridiculous. Ever seen the flag of Japan? Plus the Mclaren logo has some red in it. Why would they uncover the car and then launch a 2nd paint scheme? Ron is silly, not senile.

Did they ever say that that was going to be their livery for the season?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:
siggy wrote:

Did they ever say that that was going to be their livery for the season?

they never said it was their testing livery.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to change it after the massive backlash it gotten from the fans.
I think even Stevie Wonder hated it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:

Really? I didn't know he was an F1 fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:
micha wrote:

Really? I didn't know he was an F1 fan.

Not anymore since the silent turbo engines

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So Sauber needed more time to re release last years car? lol

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/148 ... es-new-c35

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sauber is a winner for adding some colors to the grid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

cookie wrote:
Just thought of a good way to make qualifying more random. Don't have 3 practice sessions before qualifying. 1 short 30 minute warm up followed by normal qualifying. Then have the free practice sessions before the race. All focus on car setup can then be on the racesetup. Cars who qualified out of position can setup the car for more straigth line speed. No more stupid parc ferme rules.

I like it. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:53 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

hahaha

F1 fans sure know how to fix everything.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45151 Next