TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Harvick obviously wrecked the 6 on purpose. Anyone who doesn't see that is either blind or a NASCAR official.

It really is too bad. Most of that race was pretty good actually.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Without the chase, this would have just been a bad race.

With the chase, it was absolute embarrassment to a crumbling series and officiating body that is struggling to stay relevant.

So there's that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Best scenario: Djoon wins, Harv takes everyone out, and I have more than basketball to watch for the rest of the year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm kind of surprised at myself. This was the first time since I started watching NASCAR in 1998 that I didn't watch any races during Dega weekend. I guess that's a sign of how much this sport still interests me. I just rather catch highlights even for superspeedway races now. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The first 180 laps of the race were enjoyable: no bogus cautions and some pretty solid racing. Then it got comical, in a Monty Python "Spanish Inquisition" kinda way, except in the end no one was laughing for real. It was all facetious laughter. And then we all died.

Then end.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

On the previous restart, Harvick stayed high, knowing he had an issue. Funny how he then chose to stay in line. I gave up debating with somebody who blamed Bayne...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm kinda numb after yesterday's race. It was good, until about 5 to go, then it all fell apart... you just *knew* that one G-W-C only rule would blow up in their faces.

I do agree that the first attempt didn't count - if they didn't drive under the green flag, they didn't actually *take* the G part of the -W-C. You don't win the race 40 feet before taking the checkered flag, do you?

As for Harvick, that's a guy who's thinking he got away with one - à la Jeff Gordon at Phoenix in 2012. On that first attempt, he knew he was blowing up and got out of the way. Smart. Courteous. I'm sure he was disappointed, but whatever... then that yellow flies, and he argues that should have been the end of the race (which, it wasn't black and white, but that's fair enough). In protest, instead of getting out of the way, he stay in line hoping to be the catalyst for a wreck - Childers even said over the radio that that was their only hope. Aaaaaand he did just that.

It sucks, because if you can black flag Ricky Rudd at Sears Point in '91 for racing hard for the win, but not a guy desperate and blowing up that wrecks half the field, then I don't know what to tell you. Pretty f'n lame.

I'm supposed to be happy, dangit! My driver is onto the next round! But even I'm having a rough time with this one. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well said. Anyone who is a true fan of the sport feels really dull after yesterday. We're seeing the sport some of us loved near religiously as a kid falling apart in front of us. Untraceable cars, same three teams winning every week, a joke of a point system, sheep following cowards as the top drivers, a group of clowns calling the shots who couldn't moderate a pig trof. Now these talks of franchising and further lessening competion between different teams is probably going to be the last nail in the coffin for me.

Last edited by Underdogfan on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:52 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I find it ironic that we sat around in Austin wondering if we'd get a full race in, and in the end we did which included a close finish under green, yet in nascar land we got 2 hours of the drivers playing safe and working on their cars and just when it seemed to be go time, it all stopped.

Restrictor plate races used to be such tast with occasional blue balls to remind us they can't always be perfect.
Now they're 90% blue balls and even when we get a some what tast finish the wrecks are too huge to do anything but make you shit yourself thinking you've just watched 20 people get flattened.

Good work fixing something that didn't need fixing, nascar :slaphead:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here's some more tidbits to get you fuming...if June Bug had of won, Kryle would've been knocked out of The Chase, woulda knocked out three JGR cars. Not like Kryle should be Championship eligible anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If Junior had won he wouldn't have gotten through to the final round anyway based on current form. Neither will Gordon really. So I don't know what the importance of making it into the top 6 is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Underdogfan wrote:
Here's some more tidbits to get you fuming...if June Bug had of won, Kryle would've been knocked out of The Chase, woulda knocked out three JGR cars. Not like Kryle should be Championship eligible anyways.

Who is this Kryle fella you always be talking about? Should I know who he is? I feel like you may be using the right words, but none of it is coherent. Put on your big boy britches and make some proper conversation. Damn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rekt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"had of"

RIP grammar.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This whole shitshow has me feeling like

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27