TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3135 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Atlantic Time is one hour later than Eastern Time, so the race ended at 4am here... no way I could stay up for that one, even if I tried.

Woke up to this insanity, and was quite glad the injuries were not as bad as they could have been. Besides Geoffrey Bodine's Truck wreck, I have never seen an ENTIRE car go into the grandstands like that. Edwards and Larson hit it with the front of the car, and those were definitely bad wrecks, but that 3 car just... wow, man.

That was insane. 8O

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Watched this while breakfast this morning.

How he got out of that unhurt is beyond me. The brutality, the sudden stop, everything - unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jeez, he buried it in the fence so deep. I guess even over such a short distance of deceleration there was still enough energy absorption going on with the fencing that it helped save him from injury. I mean, that speed and angle was worse than what Kyle Busch experienced in Februsry, but Dillon hit a collapsible object.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Last lap at Daytona and the #3 had a horrifying crash....yikes, I bet Childress about fell off the spotter stand. Really glad Austin is OK. Had he hit the fence with the roof or driver side of the car, highly doubt he would have walked away. I don't really believe in miracles, but he sure is one lucky driver. Too bad no one could do anything those fuckin' Hendrick cars. Kinda buzz killed an otherwise entertaining race.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

those pics are incredible

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jesus H. Christ, what have I missed?

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

On a different subject other than the wreck, I thought NBC's broadcast of the race was very good. The Rick Allen, Jeff Burton and Steve LeTarte made a very good team in the booth. I'm glad they didn't give an all out assault on the senses like Fox tended to do. They also didn't go overboard on the ads as well. All of it was refreshing to see.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:32 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Holy shit what did I miss

Edit: Jesus christ! :8: :8: :8:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

After watching the crash a couple more times, Austin Dillon is fortunate there had already been some attrition in the race. The entire pack had just barely cleared him before he came down off the fence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:13 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Controversial opinion time, this wreck is why nascar is shit. A prerace hype video where the drivers significant other talks about how scary it is to see their husband/fiancé/boyfriend is spectacular accidents and worry that they die but it turns out they walk away everytime and then on the last lap Austin Dillon goes through a worm hole and his upside down smoldering wreck is met by 30 "heros" who really is Dillion was seriously hurt would have either A) injured him even more by moving him or B) did the ewwwww hands like the Marshall that found Stanley Smith. They all give the thumbs up and when Dillion gets out of the car that should have maimed him, he does some bullshit hand gesture just like that cowboy fuck did. Crowd goes wild and everyone talks like it's serious shit and its a miracle. I didn't think for once he was hurt. It's fucking exactly what nascar wants. They want to see cars fucking explode and I they want the Instagram videos from the stands and they want to be a top story on national news. How many years in a row have we had cars injure spectators and nascar STILL promotes the big one. This is exactly the shit they want and it'll keep happening until some freak piece of debris gets into the cockpit and kills someone. Fuck nascar, fuck their safety standards, their GWC, their blind eye to last lap antics.

Fucking Ernie Irvan was absolutely lambasted by drivers and media for causing an accident on the super speedways. Now when someone decides to drive like its a video game WELP THATS RACING. No that's bullshit, that's fucking bullshit. There's no reason for this last lap shit and its almost every fucking plate race now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:14 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Turns out i did a full Kimi by choosing to pit about 30 mins before the green :whistling:

Still the race ended at 8am here so being awake for the finish was never gonna happen :lol:

Not quite sure why the thread descended into arguments about presicesly how ridiculously huge the crash was straight after it happened but that's what sleep deprevation and a big shock will do for you,
And a pressing need to catagorise everything i guess

For my part it reminded me of petty's wreck in 88. Getting into the catch fence, tearing the front off the car, getting nailed well after the flip. Brutal
How did that serious case of arca brakes happen anyway? I know it was the finish but that car was pretty much last 10 seconds behind the pack and had no need to be at full throttle when all hell was braking loose ahead. :?

Still, the race was pretty decent all over. A shame all people will ever remember was the end. :o

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
After watching the crash a couple more times, Austin Dillon is fortunate there had already been some attrition in the race. The entire pack had just barely cleared him before he came down off the fence.

Good point.

I also question Keselowski's involvement. Given where the accident started and how short Dillon's car stopped, there's almost no way Brad spun on fluids. He was already well out of control before he got to the scene. Plus, he was way behind the pack and running on a lap of his own so I don't know why he didn't just drop anchor and stop like everyone else behind him.

Also, still don't understand what Harvick was hoping to accomplisht by pushing Hamlin that late. The race was lost and he had nothing to gain anyway.

Last edited by Chris A on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
he does some bullshit hand gesture just like that cowboy fuck did.

Stephen Baldwin iirc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:20 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I don't even want to imagine the result of this crash prior to the Daytona Rising renovations.
Same area, one year ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Imagine if the drunk fan from Richmond had been there

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:23 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

You know what I don't get, assholes already qualified for the stupid fucking chase fighting for 3rd when there is absolutely NOTHING to gain as stated during the prerace.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:24 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

cArmAkAze wrote:
Imagine if the drunk fan from Richmond had been there

:(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:25 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Could you imagine what it would be like if that crash happened during the prerace event?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
Could you imagine what it would be like if that crash happened during the prerace event?

I don't even want to think about it

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3135 Next