TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 527 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:59 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

I don't really want to attend an F1 race again for those reasons above. Its not worth my time and effort. I'd rather go to Indianapolis :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:06 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

a 'major rule change' will help nothing. In the best case, it will be another team taking advantage, and dominating.

for me F1 died when the lawnmower look was introduced in 2009.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
we'll might just have patience and wait until the sport dies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Could be a rain affected weekend with a high chance for substantial showers on friday and saturday. There is also a chance for rain on sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They have added astro-turf on the exit of the final 2 corners for this year.

IMO it should be a 2m strip of real grass, Far bigger deterrent than the astro.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

How about a great big concrete bollard. That will stop every fucker from trying to exceed the track limits without consequence. I'd happily settle for hay bales or Monza 1996 style tyres though. In fact the more I think about it, I want those Monza tyres back. Its a straight up deterrent without being a safety issue, of course being attached more rigidly than the 96 ones would help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:13 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

webbsy wrote:
How about a great big concrete bollard. That will stop every fucker from trying to exceed the track limits without consequence. I'd happily settle for hay bales or Monza 1996 style tyres though. In fact the more I think about it, I want those Monza tyres back. Its a straight up deterrent without being a safety issue, of course being attached more rigidly than the 96 ones would help.

It could be either real grass, or gravel, to avoid drivers trying to gain time, but like Bourdais has said in an interview, F1 circuits are way too vanilla right now, instead of making it more difficult, they always try to make it easier for the drivers, very strange thing for a series that claims to be the pinnacle of the sport. But honestly, this discussion is unfortunatelly useless, no matter how much we complain, or how much we hope for those stuff to improve, it will only get worse day by day. I have absolutelly no belief that F1 will rethink some stuff. It's really sad, but it's the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
Wow I never believed this forum could be so fucking narrow minded.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: An internet chat forum that's........not.......narrow minded and fucked up? That's just down right crazy talk right there. I request a ban for Scotty please, for being logical and for trolling with the hopes that this forum could be anything other than narrow minded.

Scotty please restore my faith in this board with a hilarious, uncalled for and downright random rant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:01 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tobias wrote:

Yep.

I loved the 2007 cars:
The BMW would look better with less wings.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:33 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree that the cars looked better those days (although perhaps some did too much with the wings) but does that mean a lot? We've had great seasons like 2010 and 2012 and as long as the racing is good (don't talk about this season..) does the life or death of F1 really depend on the looks of the cars?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They didn't look that bad after 2009. But it was great before. And after, it was nice that the body was smooth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:

Come on man. Even in the early 1990s those tyres were hated by drivers. Senna himself threw a fit at Balestre during driver meeting at Hockenheim once. They cause the cars to flip, and turn an innocuous slide into a firey flip-fest (cf. a Ligier driver in 1993).

It worked at Monza that year because luckily, people just slightly touched them. But had anyone lost it in the straight and slid into them at speed, they'd have scooped up the remains with a coffee spoon.

You know me on here, I'm all advocate for track difficulty and as little forgiveness as possible, but tyre walls are a very bad idea. A grass strip is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

acopip wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Yep.

I loved the 2007 cars:
The BMW would look better with less wings.

YOu guys really liked those clusterfucks? 8O

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:16 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yes, Especially in terms of proportions they were far more pleasant to the eye. When I look at them now, I'm a bit struck at how many winglets they had, but then on the second sight, I fall in love with the incredible amount of details that went into it, all the curves and shapes and twists and turns. You could distinguish one car from another. But then again, they can't match the simplistic beauty of the cars from the 90s, which still had very distinctive looks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Has the entire forum been getting up on the wrong side of bed recently. These opening pages of the race thread are atrociously whiny. Aren't you all grown men, not pre-pubescent teenagers?

The bitching is fucking hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

coldtyre wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Come on man. Even in the early 1990s those tyres were hated by drivers. Senna himself threw a fit at Balestre during driver meeting at Hockenheim once. They cause the cars to flip, and turn an innocuous slide into a firey flip-fest (cf. a Ligier driver in 1993).

It worked at Monza that year because luckily, people just slightly touched them. But had anyone lost it in the straight and slid into them at speed, they'd have scooped up the remains with a coffee spoon.

You know me on here, I'm all advocate for track difficulty and as little forgiveness as possible, but tyre walls are a very bad idea. A grass strip is fine.

About the Ligier, it was 1991, with Eric Comas! The tyre barrier there were way too dangerous, the cars were going around 340kph! It was thanks to Senna argument with Balestre, that those tyres were removed. As for Red Bull Ring, I agree with you, grass is fine. But again, like I said on a previous post, the tracks are only getting easier from now on, unfortunatelly there's no comeback from this "trend".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

It's really difficult to say how to improve F1, there are so many aspects.
Then again, if this race in Austria turns out to be good, everyone will be happy again.
So the key is to make sure that there is racing on track.
To ensure that, F1 probably needs to start with a white paper. Without Ecclestone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:47 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
Has the entire forum been getting up on the wrong side of bed recently. These opening pages of the race thread are atrociously whiny. Aren't you all grown men, not pre-pubescent teenagers?

I don't know, I actually like having a discussion and people are passionate about it and want to talk about it - so that's a good thing. Isn't this the purpose of a forum? Maybe it's the wrong thread, but at least people are posting and are invested in the sport. What else is there to talk about on this F1 dedicated forum at this present moment?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Justin Time wrote:
kals wrote:

I don't know, I actually like having a discussion and people are passionate about it and want to talk about it - so that's a good thing. Isn't this the purpose of a forum? Maybe it's the wrong thread, but at least people are posting and are invested in the sport. What else is there to talk about on this F1 dedicated forum at this present moment?

You are completely right. It is great to have a discussion with people that are passionate for the sport, TBK and other forums are a platform that allows that to happen. BUT. Where do you draw the line between passionate discussion and something that descends into mindless, useless, pathetic whining? This thread is the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:

You are completely right. It is great to have a discussion with people that are passionate for the sport, TBK and other forums are a platform that allows that to happen. BUT. Where do you draw the line between passionate discussion and something that descends into mindless, useless, pathetic whining? This thread is the latter.

Bad moderating. This thread should be about current F1 weekend. To avoid whining, a dedicated topic about the problems of F1 would be a place for that discussion, for instance: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9257

Too keep it on-topic, we have a quite good chance for wet race. At least wet qualifying looks probable. Very difficult to say which teams will suffer most and which have best advantage.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 527 Next