TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1120 121 122 123 124207 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:03 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Hamilton has signed a 3 year Mercedes deal

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:19 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Good for him. Though it was risky, it was a great decision to join Mercedes.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:03 pm 

No doubt, one of the greatest driver moves in F1 history. I would put Mansell going to Williams in 91 and Prost going to McLaren in 84 up there as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Although i'm not totally keen on these sort of fan survey's, Have your say in F1's future (Well maybe):
http://surveys.haymarket.com/s3/GFC-survey-2015

I think asking fans is just going to create a mixed bag of responses with no clear direction. F1 needs strong leadership making sensible regulations & we don't have that currently & survey's like this isn't going to help that.

My biggest disappointment in F1 since 2009 has been that Jean Todt has been completely ineffective in doing anything. His hands off more democratic approach has created a power void in which nothing gets done because nobody can agree on anything & there's nobody there to say 'Right were doing this & if you don't like it tough'.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
those surveys are always good, but it never reaches the people who control the whole thing. and when the press ask them about they say "we can see fans enjoy the other way round, but is not our priority"

change will only happen when the sport as we know it ends

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:21 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

For me the most interesting thing about that survey was that I'm classed as a Professional ...

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:01 am 

Quote:
Fernando Alonso has called on Formula 1 to allow the return of a tire war if it wants to again spice up the show and entertain the fans.

In the wake of the Strategy Group's proposals last Thursday for stemming the tide of supporters turning off the sport, Alonso feels he has the answer.

"Tire competition will help Formula 1 because everyone will again push to the limits," said the double world champion. "I experienced tire competition for some years with Michelin and Bridgestone, and after that we had a single tire with Bridgestone, and the change was quite big.

"In 2006, the tires were amazing from both companies because they pushed each other to the limits, and we had a super-fast tire on which you could do a whole race distance in 2005. Then in 2007, only with Bridgestone, the tires were completely different. At that time they took a step backwards and relaxed a little bit.

"You could still push on those tires because they had some experience and technology from tire competition. That would be good for Formula 1. For strategy you could have a tire that is good in qualifying, bad in the race, or vice versa.

"Some circuits would maybe suit one company, other circuits the other company, so it would mix up the results, and people will work on that."

Current tire supplier Pirelli's F1 contract expires at the end of 2016, prompting Michelin to suggest it would return, albeit only if it could run much harder rubber and on 18-inch rims.

F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone told AUTOSPORT last week Michelin should not bother submitting a bid as he did not want tires "you could put on in January and take off in December".

ALONSO WARY OF F1 GOING BACKWARD

McLaren star Alonso at least welcomed the idea of refueling, as is currently being looked at for a return in 2017, dependent on costs.

"It would open up imagination on strategy," added Alonso. "It could help you in a race if you could choose whatever [amount of] fuel on which to start or to do the first stint. Things like that that helped in the past.

"I remember getting some pole positions in 2003 using half the fuel of the others, and then you see what happened.

"For the first 10 laps of a race you lead the group and then it may rain, or you may have a safety car. Many things could happen that could change the weekend.

"Now, if you give me a piece of paper I will give you the grid order for Monaco, Canada and Austria, and I will miss one or two positions, and this is probably what the fans are not welcoming now."

However, with the likely rule changes, Alonso feels F1 would be taking a step back in time.

"If things come back we will get some kind of rules from seven or eight years ago, which means the last four or five years we've been going in the wrong direction," said Alonso.

Asked as to whether F1 has been heading in the wrong direction, Alonso replied: "The grandstands tells us."

Suggested to Alonso he should be involved in the Strategy Group, he joked: "I'm too radical. You need some common sense there."

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/116990-alo ... 1-tyre-war

But Bernie likes it as it is:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118966

DC's view on current F1:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/32699924

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Finally a driver has come out and said what we the fans have been thinking. I was quite shocked with how slow this year was compared to 2006 in Malaysia. I am all for technological advancement, but 6 laps slower? I know the tyres have alot to play in that, but still. Maybe it was just circuit specific, but maybe not.

Agree with everything about Jean Todt as Stefmeister said. Is he just down right incompetent as the FIA president? I mean, can some one actually list what intitatives that man has actually proposed and governed himself for the FIA, not just talking about FI. All I gather is that he just approves other peoples ideas.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:48 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

He's there for the money, I thought everyone knew that?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Discussion between Brundle & Chritian Horner on Sky's post FP1 coverage just was interesting in that they both seemed to agree with most of what fans have been saying for a while in terms of how things are run & Martin echoed what I said the other day about Jean Todt's lack of leadership.

Christian also said that he was against refueling as it didn't making the racing better & that meetings held this weekend have seen all teams in opposition. Said there's new people to F1 in the strategy group who haven't been around all that long who he seemed to suggest were the only one's pushing for it.

I would guess those new people he mentioned were probably the representatives from CVC (And maybe the FIA) as i believe those from teams & obviously Bernie/Todt have been around a while.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:11 am 

Always said CVC is the problem.

Whenever you have large stakeholders in a company or sport that have no knowledge of the product, there are always retarded decisions.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:56 am 

Fabs wrote:
He's there for the money, I thought everyone knew that?

And helping his friends into nicely paying positions :yes:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apparently Pirelli have said they will let teams pick there own compounds next year if they are allowed to produce 6 dry compounds & block certain compounds been used for safety reasons on certain circuits.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:48 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Last exciting f1 season 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:
Discussion between Brundle & Chritian Horner on Sky's post FP1 coverage just was interesting in that they both seemed to agree with most of what fans have been saying for a while in terms of how things are run & Martin echoed what I said the other day about Jean Todt's lack of leadership.

Christian also said that he was against refueling as it didn't making the racing better & that meetings held this weekend have seen all teams in opposition. Said there's new people to F1 in the strategy group who haven't been around all that long who he seemed to suggest were the only one's pushing for it.

I would guess those new people he mentioned were probably the representatives from CVC (And maybe the FIA) as i believe those from teams & obviously Bernie/Todt have been around a while.

I guess he was also referring to Arrivebene? (sp?)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Jolian Palmer also said a lot of great points re how refuelling ruins races and each race coming down to 1 or 2 laps around the pitstops so now he's my favourite person in the world

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
why don't they banned tire blankets?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
why don't they banned tire blankets?

"Safety" ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

GPDA survey:
http://gpda.motorsport.com

Eh?
Quote:
Doping is common in sports, including Formula One

Last edited by StefMeister on Thu May 21, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

pfff, filled in a complete page and then the server gave an error page. Not filling in that page again, crappy server.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1120 121 122 123 124207 Next