TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2831 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

anyone got a stream?

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:28 pm 

pretty obvious they didn't want the 'german' mercedes driver to lose the race at the german gp, I also suspect about that brake failure in Lewis car.... after all the team is german and we know what germans are capable to do..... wwii anyone?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nascarf1indycar wrote:
pretty obvious they didn't want the 'german' mercedes driver to lose the race at the german gp, I also suspect about that brake failure in Lewis car.... after all the team is german and we know what germans are capable to do..... wwii anyone?

Can we ban this guy please? Nothing but sensationalist and accusations posted time after time. Only Friday he accused Ed Carpenter of killing Paul Dana. Now he's bringing WW2 reference into a GP thread. Utterly distasteful member.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:43 pm 

well a little exagerated.... I apologies if it is needed, it is not done with bad intention, is just an opinion, I think we all agree that was a SC for sure, jeez even 3 guys run across the track..... while cars where passing by full speed!!! tom pryce remember...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:55 pm 

Godwin's law applies here, we got ourselves a troll. Little kid out on the internet "remember" "anyone".

Very exciting race, didn't need any rain.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

nascarf1indycar wrote:

They invented a Nintendo Games Console? I think you'll find that was the Japanese!

It was absolutely ridiculously dangerous of Charlie Whiting to gamble with other people's lives like that, but it had nothing to do with favoritism.
Probably more to ensure the race finished on time for the precious TV windows etc.

So, for those who worry the late race restarts will make a mockery of the sport, fear not, based on this evidence they'll NEVER happen.

Charlie really needs a few weekends on the bank as a Marshal so he truly realises what it's like to risk your life so some rich boys don't have their race interrupted.

Amazing credit to the Marshals, but they shouldn't have been put in that position.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not the first time Charlie has done that, won't be the last either.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yep it's been a trend for at least 2 years. Remember the Burning Marussia on the apex of the Nurburging a year ago, only caused a SC when it started rolling backwards, or the Webber failure in Malaysia which only became a SC when the crazy fire truck appeared.

I don't like how Charlie gambles in these situations. It's almost like F1 is at such pains to prove it doesn't use SC's to spice up the racing NASCAR style it has gone so far the other way its playing a very dangerous game.

I REALLY hope we don't have a serious incident before this policy is changed but I can't see it going any other way.
Maybe the outcry over today will be enough for a rethink tbh.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:06 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
the Webber failure in Malaysia which only became a SC when the crazy fire truck appeared.

Korea..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:07 pm 

The moment I saw the marshalls there and no SC I was very afraid of someone losing the car like Glock years ago, after all a suspension failure can happend any moment, it would have been horrible terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:07 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

nascarf1indycar wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
the Webber failure in Malaysia which only became a SC when the crazy fire truck appeared.

Korea..

Ya, that. :slaphead:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:09 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

nascarf1indycar wrote:
The moment I saw the marshalls there and no SC I was very afraid of someone losing the car like Glock years ago, after all a suspension failure can happend any moment, it would have been horrible terrible.

It reminded me of that F3000 flip where the car was left similarly after a blind corner and as the marshals were attending the flipped car, about 3 more people appeared around the corner and either spun creamed into the wreck.

Hungary 2002 I think, but I've already forgot something from last year in this thread so I don't trust my memory any more :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why should it have been a SC? All credit to race control and the marshals for removing the car in such a manner. We've all noted in the past that sometimes SCs are not needed and here we've had that theory proven. The marshals had plenty of space in the on track action to leave their posts, get across the track and begin working on Sutil's car with time to spare before the first car came by. It's not only race control that are responsible for marshal safety but also the marshals themselves (Canada 2013) and the drivers, who when coming by need to heed to yellow flags.

Like with penalties being handed out for the lightest incident, we've become so used to seeing SCs come out for anything and everything. Even when it isn't necessary. Now we've had a situation where an incident was controlled and managed without affecting the race and people then bitch and moan about safety, etc... without considering that race control and marshals have a better understanding of the potential risks against the situation at hand than us armchair H&S experts.

Today was a good day for H&S bullshit.

And as for the Glock situation... well you can apply that type of logic to any situation... like should we have seen a JV v Monteiro incident or Hamilton's brakes failing again while Kvyat's car was recovered. Let's not overthink things ok.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:34 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

But overthinking accidents and dreaming of amazing "what if" fatalz is what we do on tbk isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Why should it have been a SC?

Because they sent it out for Massa, even though his car was miles away from the racing surface, it's called being consistent in your decision making.

If a car can go off at a position once, another one can go off there too, in this day and age, there is no reason to be putting people at risk like Charlie does, not because of the risk, as minimal as it is, but the consequences of what would happen the one day the gamble doesn't pay off.

You know I'm the first to complain at the ever increasing run off areas, but Marshall's are not an expendable commodity.

I was actually asleep when this happened, so just going on descriptions, but it's not a risk that should be taken, that's why NASCAR and Indycar have multiple cautions per race, it's not to spice it up, it's so they don't put more people at risk than absolutely necessary.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would have thought that the SC for Massa was purely for medical purposes due to the G-registering system built in to the car? Plus the car was momentarily inverted.

I agree marshals are not an expendable commodity but they agree with the risks when they sign on as volunteers and if as much risk is mitigated before venturing out to retrieve a car, then a SC isn't always needed. Plus citing USA based sports isn't the best as their SC periods are based on the relative ease for litigation versus common sense. Europe has different legislation and therefore shouldn't be trying to emulate a different precedent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:51 pm 

so you would be ok if you or one of your relatives were there moving sutil's car while the rest of the field passes by full racing speed? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

So many examples for not bringing the SC in the last part of the race.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:55 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I thought an SC was more appropriate with Kvyat's fire, that was a section where cars came in at high speed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's how they used to deal with such situation in the past, but I suppose with all the runoff now the marshals are too far from the track.

Seriously though, how often were marshals hit. Aside from Maldonado, are we really going to say the drivers are more dangerous then they used to be?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2831 Next