TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1440 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's what I thought you'd meant. Just be glad the Dailymail didn't pick up on that, or you'd have been their latest hate target ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
That's what I thought you'd meant. Just be glad the Dailymail didn't pick up on that, or you'd have been their latest hate target ;)

I'm not Bulgarian/Romanian, so no chance of that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is that another myth peddled by the mail?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently Michael had a camera on his helmet, which has already been taken by the police.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

On a local right-wing TV channel Facebook page, people were all wondering why he had a camera on his helmet, why investigators would need it or even what differece that would make to their lives. Jeez, some people need to get a life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Swedish newspaper quoting Philippe Streiff (who quoted Gerard Saillant) saying that Schumis life is no longer i danger for what it's worth. Haven't ready any more official yet though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Caspar wrote:
Swedish newspaper quoting Philippe Streiff (who quoted Gerard Saillant) saying that Schumis life is no longer i danger for what it's worth. Haven't ready any more official yet though.

Kehm has already come out and denied this, insisting that he remains critical but stable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:03 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mäth wrote:
On a local right-wing TV channel Facebook page, people were all wondering why he had a camera on his helmet, why investigators would need it or even what differece that would make to their lives. Jeez, some people need to get a life.

the go-pro camera are very popular, i've used cheaper ones when i go bike riding and that absolutely doesnt mean that im going to do crazy things, its usually just for the memory and cause its cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cambridge wrote:
Mäth wrote:

the go-pro camera are very popular, i've used cheaper ones when i go bike riding and that absolutely doesnt mean that im going to do crazy things, its usually just for the memory and cause its cool

Also I don't know the law in France but in the UK the Police wouldn't be investigating at this stage unless there had been a credible complaint of a criminal offence taking place, if I were the family my reply to the request for the camera would have ended in off, there is no reason for the Police to either have it or be investigating at this point. It was by all accounts an unfortunate accident.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
Caspar wrote:

Kehm has already come out and denied this, insisting that he remains critical but stable.

I found Dr. Hartstein's interpretation quite realistic and useful in this regard.

@former_f1doc wrote:
I expect a long series of small changes. None of which in itself would merit a press announcement. Eg, normalisation of ICP. Immediate life threat recedes each day a bit...PRESUMING parameters are stabilizing then normalizing. I think at this point IF icp has been quasi normal and stable they may well have attempted lightening the sedation. It'll be a sequence of those moments, stretched over days and weeks, that will define his progress.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:39 pm 

According to Der Spiegel there is a german tourist who has filmed Schumacher's accident. He wants to send the material to Albertville to support the investigations. So at least the speculations about the accident itself should stop within the next few days.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Stunky wrote:
According to Der Spiegel there is a german tourist who has filmed Schumacher's accident. He wants to send the material to Albertville to support the investigations. So at least the speculations about the accident itself should stop within the next few days.

Surprised the media haven't been offering him big bucks for the footage, then again they probably have

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BILD will.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 pm 

Michael's family has given his helmet camera (which apparently has filmed the accident) to the accident-investigators.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Fryslân, The Netherlands, TBK-member since May 7th, 2003
Quote:
Prosecutors probing Michael Schumacher's accident to brief press on Wednesday
German remains in a coma in hospital; 45-year-old's speed being looked at; Warning signage on ski slope also under scrutiny

French prosecutors investigating Michael Schumacher's skiing accident will hold a press conference in the Alpine town of Albertville on Wednesday at 10am (GMT).

According to local prosecutor Patrick Quincy, journalists will be briefed on the findings thus far on the incident that has left the seven-times World Champion in a medically induced coma since December 29.
Investigators are focusing on the ex-F1 driver's speed when he fell and slammed his head on a rock on a small off-piste section of the Meribel ski resort, prompting his evacuation by helicopter to the Alpine city of Grenoble.

Prosecutors are also looking at whether the limits of the ski runs next to the accident site were correctly marked and whether the rock in question was lying close enough to the piste to require some kind of protection or signage.
They are also examining whether the safety releases on Schumacher's skis operated properly in an investigation aimed at determining responsibility for the accident.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm confirmed over the weekend that a camera helmet worn by the German in the accident had been "voluntarily given to the investigating authorities by the family" to assist in their probe.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/20876/9104256/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

According to Sabine Kehm Michael does not seem to be in a life-threatening situation anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This was what the Bild quoted Sabine as saying. Sounds like they're trying to be optimstic but still cautious...

Quote:
Sabine Kehm: "Michael's condition is still critical, although it has stabilized over the weekend. His life is not out of danger, but not in urgent danger any more."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 pm 

On Saturday, Bild brought a news that Schumacher already suffered some brain damage when he had his motorcycle accident back in February 2009 at Cartagena, Spain, according to Dr Johannes Peil from Bad Nauheim clinic, who treated Schumi back then

"His left artery broke(or teared) and there are only 2 of them that irrigates the whole brain", he said.

The cerebellum is responsible for motor skills (dexterity, reaction).

How bad is it now for Schumi that the left brain is already damaged?

Peil told BILD: "This is now no longer relevant, since the right vertebral and collateral circulation the affected areas left to be supplied. Only in the acute phase immediately after the accident, an additional arterial injury on the right side would have had far-reaching consequences. "

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/mic ... .bild.html

PS: If I were German, I would skip skiing this season... sorry for the joke at such moment

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:22 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

stimaro wrote:
Quote:
Prosecutors probing Michael Schumacher's accident to brief press on Wednesday
German remains in a coma in hospital; 45-year-old's speed being looked at; Warning signage on ski slope also under scrutiny

French prosecutors investigating Michael Schumacher's skiing accident will hold a press conference in the Alpine town of Albertville on Wednesday at 10am (GMT).

According to local prosecutor Patrick Quincy, journalists will be briefed on the findings thus far on the incident that has left the seven-times World Champion in a medically induced coma since December 29.
Investigators are focusing on the ex-F1 driver's speed when he fell and slammed his head on a rock on a small off-piste section of the Meribel ski resort, prompting his evacuation by helicopter to the Alpine city of Grenoble.

Prosecutors are also looking at whether the limits of the ski runs next to the accident site were correctly marked and whether the rock in question was lying close enough to the piste to require some kind of protection or signage.
They are also examining whether the safety releases on Schumacher's skis operated properly in an investigation aimed at determining responsibility for the accident.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm confirmed over the weekend that a camera helmet worn by the German in the accident had been "voluntarily given to the investigating authorities by the family" to assist in their probe.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/20876/9104256/

Do these investigations take place with every incident or just when they're dealing with a famous person?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:36 am 

Warning

To everyone that has Facebook. This happend to my dad last Friday (Huge MS fan). There is a virus going around on FB that is saying that someone is sharing the video of MS crash that is accidently filmed (you could see the crash happening on the background).
DO NOT share or click the link. Youre bank account will be wiped clean and the money on it goes to several polish bank accounts.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1440 Next