TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 937 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1947 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:59 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

micha wrote:
Fabs wrote:
Apparantly there's some issue with Stake as they have no licence in certain countries.

https://racingnews365.com/stake-respond ... -team-name

Its a gambling site so not allowed in some countries. So they'll run as Kick in those.
Why not just run as Kick then for the whole season and only have Stake on the car as a sponsor in places where it is allowed. Do they just want to confuse everybody?
It's not that bad, just like the "Tobacco Free" liveries of yesteryears.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
micha wrote:
Fabs wrote:
Apparantly there's some issue with Stake as they have no licence in certain countries.

https://racingnews365.com/stake-respond ... -team-name

Its a gambling site so not allowed in some countries. So they'll run as Kick in those.
Why not just run as Kick then for the whole season and only have Stake on the car as a sponsor in places where it is allowed. Do they just want to confuse everybody?

perhaps that was their intention all along, cars didn't even hit the track and this Kick/Stake skirmish is already on

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The specific problem is that the company does not have a license in Switzerland, which may mean that the company cannot advertise with a Swiss entity.

---------------

Not sure if anyone else has pointed it out, but I am fairly certain there is only one woman in the Red Bull hierarchy who is senior enough to be managed directly by Horner.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:47 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Quote:
While there had been speculation and even assumptions about the nature of the allegations, sources have told The Sun the investigation is set to centre on a female employee’s concerns about Horner’s strict work regime and does not relate to any sexual impropriety.

“Christian had concerns about her conduct and made it clear he was unhappy,” the F1 source said.

“She went on to make a complaint about his ‘controlling’ behaviour, which detonated this crisis for the team.”

One F1 source claimed a deliberate attempt was being made to destabilise Horner.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seems like there's a fight for power inside Red Bull since Dietrisch is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From this very respectable source, there are 3 drivers in Mercedes sights:

1. Andrea Kimi Antonelli
2. Carlos Sainz
3. Oscar Piastri

No one else, at the moment, is being considerate.

Antonelli will receive all support from Mercedes, including doing a lot of time on the F1 simulator, and follow the F1 team close by. Hoping for a repeat of Hamilton at McLaren in 2007, very fitting.

Sainz has the amazing hability of giving feedback like and engineer behind the wheel. Albeit not that fast.... There were some talks recently with him.

Piastri, besides the huge fine, they would pay for it, but he has to prove against Norris this year first.

From an insider at Mercedes about Hamilton departure:

There's something about him choosing to go the Reds that we don't know about. I suspect something, but I'm not going to speculate, as it will come to light at some point in the next few months. Or, after the events of this week, even in days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Not sure if anyone else has pointed it out, but I am fairly certain there is only one woman in the Red Bull hierarchy who is senior enough to be managed directly by Horner.

Hannah Shmitz?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes. This assumes that the complaint is related to management style and tone rather than anything sexual, which could feasibly involve any female employee.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There has to be more to the story than my boss yelled at me once because I stuffed up and cried. It would have to be a prolonged period of abuse, is he like that to other employees or just this one, is he asking people to do things that are outside the scope of their work and is he sending text messages at 1 am and expecting answers immediatly and then getting angry at work the next day because they weren't responded to immediatly?

So in other words, is he acting like a boss pretty much all of us has experienced at least once in our lives? Or has he gone beyond that? I certainly have had a boss that was all of the above. For some reason just zeroing in on one particualr employee for no apparent reason and just being an absolute dick. I've especially had a boss that hit the last two points. He was the very deffinition of being "a c**t".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:24 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

webbsy wrote:
There has to be more to the story than my boss yelled at me once because I stuffed up and cried. It would have to be a prolonged period of abuse, is he like that to other employees or just this one, is he asking people to do things that are outside the scope of their work and is he sending text messages at 1 am and expecting answers immediatly and then getting angry at work the next day because they weren't responded to immediatly?

So in other words, is he acting like a boss pretty much all of us has experienced at least once in our lives? Or has he gone beyond that? I certainly have had a boss that was all of the above. For some reason just zeroing in on one particualr employee for no apparent reason and just being an absolute dick. I've especially had a boss that hit the last two points. He was the very deffinition of being "a c**t".

Agree with you totally. I'll double down on it too, you'd expect the boss of one of the world's best sports teams to be a pretty hard task master. Not that its an excuse to be an awful person. Reporting on this all seems to be a hit-job.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I immediately thought it was some Gen Z person who didn't like being told to do work. But as Scotty says, he's at the head of currently the most successful team in one of the most cut throat sports in the world, you kinda expect in that role, someone would almost have to be a dictator

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:15 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

The-race.com has suggested it could be an internal power struggle

Quote:
There have been claims that this could be a consequence of a power struggle between the UK side of the team, led by Horner in Milton Keynes, and the branch of the Red Bull business that is headed by Oliver Mintzlaff, in the wake of Dietrich Mateschitz’s passing in late 2022.

One suggestion has been that this is an opportunity to seize more control of Red Bull Racing and the F1 operation’s various other businesses including the new Powertrains facility in Milton Keynes that Horner is also the CEO of.

Such assertions are without foundation at this stage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Agree with you totally. I'll double down on it too, you'd expect the boss of one of the world's best sports teams to be a pretty hard task master. Not that its an excuse to be an awful person. Reporting on this all seems to be a hit-job.

As Horner himself put it in a DtS episode about Albon, he has a "fuck you attitude" that may rub people the wrong way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:50 am 

VirtuaIceMan wrote:
So, what do we expect?
Visa = bit like Williams with blue-and-black
Aston = green-and-black
Ferrari = red-and-black
Mercedes = black-and-black
McLaren = already know, orange-and-black
Red Bull = PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE STAY AWAY FROM BLACK!

The reason for black ruling the grid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
The-race.com has suggested it could be an internal power struggle

Quote:
There have been claims that this could be a consequence of a power struggle between the UK side of the team, led by Horner in Milton Keynes, and the branch of the Red Bull business that is headed by Oliver Mintzlaff, in the wake of Dietrich Mateschitz’s passing in late 2022.

One suggestion has been that this is an opportunity to seize more control of Red Bull Racing and the F1 operation’s various other businesses including the new Powertrains facility in Milton Keynes that Horner is also the CEO of.

Such assertions are without foundation at this stage.

What I read also is that Mateschitz was the one who backed Horner. And now with his death, the corporate side of Red Bull in Austria is taking the opportunity to take control of the racing side that is based in UK.

As valid as the complaints against Horner might be, it is clear they are being used in a very convenient timing with Horner having a hearing tommorrow while the company already has some replacement names shortlisted.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
who knew that only Red Bull will defeat Red Bull itself?

Funny is not something new we had in F1 given how Ron Dennis, Frank and Patrick, Enzo and Chapman all did in their prime. Some people at Lotus didn't even cared about low wages and tight schedule, they simply loved working there

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Yes. This assumes that the complaint is related to management style and tone rather than anything sexual, which could feasibly involve any female employee.

If that's the case, wouldn't it have been just an internal matter handled by HR? Instead it seems a bit odd that they've involved a barrister and the matter has been brought forth publicly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No. If an accusation is brought against someone senior in a company, it is sensible standard practice to bring in an outside investigator, to remove any possibility of the accused influencing the investigator in their favour (either directly by threatening HR with reprisals or indirectly by HR feeling that they need to take the accused's side in order to protect the company's prosperity).

The investigation was not supposed to leak either. It is why some people think that this is Mintzlaff playing games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:26 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Silverstone is staying until 2034 :flag:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:51 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Soul Reaver wrote:

From an insider at Mercedes about Hamilton departure:

There's something about him choosing to go the Reds that we don't know about. I suspect something, but I'm not going to speculate, as it will come to light at some point in the next few months. Or, after the events of this week, even in days.

Hmmm, He knows Merc won't be around for 2024?

Or Toto is moving to Red Bull to replace Horner...

Or his new girlfriend is Italian or something, I dunno

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 937 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1947 Next