TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:34 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Omega wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Omega wrote:
However if you race against 20 other kids, and 10 of them are being racist to you and 10 of them aren't, but you block everyone off, then these last 10 are not wrong to say you're a dick.

Just hypothetical situation here, don't know how it really was.

I think what makes someone pretty much a dick in this hypothetical situation, is knowing that a comrade is being ostracized by part of the group, and being upset personally that they're withdrawing because of that and thinking they're a dick. It sounds like the reaction of an entitled sheltered kid who never experienced rejection, not that of a person with empathy or basic decency.

You expect grown up levels of empathy from kids

Kids are nothing at race tracks, they're like clay that needs to be moulded

If a kid is racist, its because their parent has told them to.

If they're nice, it's because their parents are raising them right

Wouldn't blame the kids for anything, but I certainly can do without the racing dads we get around the racetracks living their lives vicariously through their kids and being a dick to everyone around them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
as they tradtionally say racing dads are like (or worse than) pageant moms

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Omega wrote:
However if you race against 20 other kids, and 10 of them are being racist to you and 10 of them aren't, but you block everyone off, then these last 10 are not wrong to say you're a dick.

Just hypothetical situation here, don't know how it really was.

I think what makes someone pretty much a dick in this hypothetical situation, is knowing that a comrade is being ostracized by part of the group, and being upset personally that they're withdrawing because of that and thinking they're a dick. It sounds like the reaction of an entitled sheltered kid who never experienced rejection, not that of a person with empathy or basic decency.

You expect grown up levels of empathy from kids

We are not discussing that. You're saying they're not wrong to say he's a dick. I'm saying they still are wrong.

This is not about kids, this is about you. It's really strange that even such a clean-cut hypothetical scenario elicits a victim-blaming response, and attempt at cleaning conscience of the "non-racist" who make the situation worse though inaction or through enablement. You guys have a long way before understanding the inner mechanics of rejection. Ask a minority friend if you still don't get it. Not just some minority acquaintance who succeeded in life, those will tell you everything was fine. A real, close friend who can recap their lowest moments in life truthfully to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:47 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
TLDR because of his relationship with Ron Dennis Lewis would have the best of the best, the biggest motorhome, the best equipment etc. etc. He would also let everybody know this by introducing himself as “Hi I’m Lewis Hamilton, future Formula One World Champion”. He may cry poverty from that period but when your motorhome is worth more than the entire grid combined running budget for the year, you’re not the one in poverty.

You've completely disregarded his upbringing before he signed for McLaren, where you cannot deny he was anything above middle class. Also he was still very middle class outside of the racing scene.

In addition to this, every driver on the F1 grid, you know what, every driver who's ever driven an F1 car, has had the biggest budget of the grid at sometime in their junior career. Karts, Formula Ford, F4 etc.

So this means you hate almost every driver on the F1 grid, or almost every driver who's ever driven an F1 car in history? So why do you and others need to call out Lewis, for something almost everyone else on the F1 grid had?

Ian-S wrote:
“Hi I’m Lewis Hamilton, future Formula One World Champion”

Congratulations, almost every child ever I've coached in sport, AFL football, cricket, who's had a shred of talent, has had a very similar youthful exuberance and cocky attitude. So once again why do you need to call out Lewis for it? Also, big fucking deal. It worked for him didn't it?

Ian-S wrote:
One of the reason most black people don’t have an interest in or compete in motorsport is because they’re not interested in motorsport, simple as. My boss is a right petrol head, but mention F1 to him and he just roles his eyes, now cricket on the other hand, you mention that and he’ll chew your ear off it for hours…

"I know one black guy personally who doesn't like motorsport so they must all dislike it"

Fucking hell what a dumb thing to say.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last edited by Ian-S on Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Karan wrote:
JJ wrote:
Sad to see Vettel fade out from F1 like that. As a four-time champion, he deserved better exit. But there's only 3 teams that can get podiums this year, so what can you do? I'm sure fighting for the last point places is not motivating enough for him. Hopefully we'll see him participating other motorsport categories in the future.

Oh well, at least Hamilton and Alonso will continue their F1 career for years(?) to come. When they eventually retire, it will be a true end of an era. Also, when that happens, everyone on the grid will be younger than me. That will be hard to swallow. Maybe I should start watching Nascar, as being over 40 is not a rarity there ;)

Alonso I could see going for a few years yes, but I don't see Hamilton staying in F1 past 2023 unless Mercedes make a significant improvement to the head of the field again. Plus he seems to be getting more and more involved in his side ventures in the entertainment and fashion industries and I see that taking up more of his interest over F1.

To be honest I could see Hamilton walk away at the end of this year as well.

i'd wager lewis will stick around until 40. if he won an 8th championship before then i could see him retiring on the spot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Karan wrote:
JJ wrote:
Sad to see Vettel fade out from F1 like that. As a four-time champion, he deserved better exit. But there's only 3 teams that can get podiums this year, so what can you do? I'm sure fighting for the last point places is not motivating enough for him. Hopefully we'll see him participating other motorsport categories in the future.

Oh well, at least Hamilton and Alonso will continue their F1 career for years(?) to come. When they eventually retire, it will be a true end of an era. Also, when that happens, everyone on the grid will be younger than me. That will be hard to swallow. Maybe I should start watching Nascar, as being over 40 is not a rarity there ;)

Alonso I could see going for a few years yes, but I don't see Hamilton staying in F1 past 2023 unless Mercedes make a significant improvement to the head of the field again. Plus he seems to be getting more and more involved in his side ventures in the entertainment and fashion industries and I see that taking up more of his interest over F1.

To be honest I could see Hamilton walk away at the end of this year as well.

i'd wager lewis will stick around until 40. if he won an 8th championship before then i could see him retiring on the spot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
TLDR because of his relationship with Ron Dennis Lewis would have the best of the best, the biggest motorhome, the best equipment etc. etc. He would also let everybody know this by introducing himself as “Hi I’m Lewis Hamilton, future Formula One World Champion”. He may cry poverty from that period but when your motorhome is worth more than the entire grid combined running budget for the year, you’re not the one in poverty.

You've completely disregarded his upbringing before he signed for McLaren, where you cannot deny he was anything above middle class. Also he was still very middle class outside of the racing scene.

In addition to this, every driver on the F1 grid, you know what, every driver who's ever driven an F1 car, has had the biggest budget of the grid at sometime in their junior career. Karts, Formula Ford, F4 etc.

So this means you hate almost every driver on the F1 grid, or almost every driver who's ever driven an F1 car in history? So why do you and others need to call out Lewis, for something almost everyone else on the F1 grid had?

Ian-S wrote:
“Hi I’m Lewis Hamilton, future Formula One World Champion”

Congratulations, almost every child ever I've coached in sport, AFL football, cricket, who's had a shred of talent, has had a very similar youthful exuberance and cocky attitude. So once again why do you need to call out Lewis for it? Also, big fucking deal. It worked for him didn't it?

Ian-S wrote:
One of the reason most black people don’t have an interest in or compete in motorsport is because they’re not interested in motorsport, simple as. My boss is a right petrol head, but mention F1 to him and he just roles his eyes, now cricket on the other hand, you mention that and he’ll chew your ear off it for hours…

"I know one black guy personally who doesn't like motorsport so they must all dislike it"

Fucking hell what a dumb thing to say.

Did I say one?

awwweeeee cry me a river, best go to specsavers, you missed out a lot of what I said white knighting there. Lewis is a pompous arsehole and some people don’t like him, just cos you clearly worship the ground he walks on and try to excuse his behaviour with whatsuisms doesn’t mean the rest of us should.

I dislike Tom and Max Chilton for the same reason too, but I guess that’s ok cos they white right?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:11 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
One of the reason most black people don’t have an interest in or compete in motorsport is because they’re not interested in motorsport, simple as.

You say one of the reasons and than reffering to your boss which i guess is a (black?) man who likes cricket more than f1 but how many black people have you actually spoken with about (F1) motorsports except from your boss?
-How do you know its one of the reasons to speak for all black people? where talking about (+-1.2 billion in the world.)
Anyway that's quite a entitlement statement to make.

Like cycling, curling or swimming you dont see much black people over there but its not that black people have no interest in the sport.
The ones you see if they openly speak about it are saying that the racism they encounter is the biggest problem why we dont see as much diversitiy these sports dominated by most white people.

There are more dynamics beside racism what we dont see, money, chances, background, are certainly One off them to.
Btw im no fan off LH at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think you answered your own question in the last line.

Also, although it’s none of your business, most of the workforce at the company I work at are either black or Asian, there’s like about 8 of us there who are white, so yeah, sorry to bust your bubble but I’ve spoken to more than one person about it, not one are interested….

Your problem is you think the lack of interest stems from racism, class, white privilege etc. when the reality is, the lack of interest stems from cultural differences, they just have other priorities and interests that are not the same as yours.

I’m sorry I haven’t spoken to all 1.2billion black people in the world, have you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:54 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
I think you answered your own question in the last line.

I know :lol:

Ian-S wrote:
Also, although it’s none of your business, most of the workforce at the company I work at are either black or Asian, there’s like about 8 of us there who are white, so yeah, sorry to bust your bubble but I’ve spoken to more than one person about it, not one are interested….

Ok good for your workforce at the company i have no bubble there thats why i asked the question. still those people are not the representation...

Ian-S wrote:
Your problem is you think the lack of interest stems from racism, class, white privilege etc. when the reality is, the lack of interest stems from cultural differences, they just have other priorities and interests that are not the same as yours.

Disagree, I sad it is a part of and maybe the biggest one.
I believe it has nothing to do with cultural differences. I know enough (even if that isnt the norm) black people in my private life who like motorsport racing and find it sorry that there is not so much diveristy so where comes the cultural difference in place than?

Ian-S wrote:
I’m sorry I haven’t spoken to all 1.2billion black people in the world, have you?

No appologies but as stated above maybe probably more than you & that's why i find your one of the reasons combined with cultural differences quote as if it is the norm so out of place ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Find it funny how your life has been so storied that you can always argument that you've spoken to more people of X type than average and that you experienced disasters of equal or greater dimension than the person you're speaking with.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That’s called life experience (I’m probably old enough to be your grandad), when you get to my age you might understand, but you’ll need to get out from behind that screen and go outside first. I’m long past caring about your feelings, if you don’t like what I have to say, don’t read it. When I was your age I was outside playing in the dirt with friends, or chasing a bit of skirt, not sitting behind a screen telling people 40 years older than me they don’t know what they’re talking about.

No worries @
Sergio
, at least we can agree to disagree. When I said “Your problem” I wasn’t particularly talking directly to you, but rather paraphrasing on general terms about virtual signallers and white knighters in general who it seems, like to generalise as much as they complain about me doing the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
That’s called life experience (I’m probably old enough to be your grandad)

Yet you're dumber and more immature than most children with some of the shit you're saying.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No it’s just called being realistic. When you get to my age, you’ll understand.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:17 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:

I will be much happier when I'm your age because morons like you saying utter shit would have moved themselves on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:19 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
No worries @
Sergio
, at least we can agree to disagree. When I said “Your problem” I wasn’t particularly talking directly to you, but rather paraphrasing on general terms about virtual signallers and white knighters in general who it seems, like to generalise as much as they complain about me doing the same thing.

No problems im not offended at all im just curious and like you sad sometimes you agree to disagree. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

I will be much happier when I'm your age because morons like you saying utter shit would have moved themselves on.

That’s assuming you don’t self delete first because your unable to cope with real life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ian-S wrote:
That’s called life experience (I’m probably old enough to be your grandad), when you get to my age you might understand, but you’ll need to get out from behind that screen and go outside first. I’m long past caring about your feelings, if you don’t like what I have to say, don’t read it. When I was your age I was outside playing in the dirt with friends, or chasing a bit of skirt, not sitting behind a screen telling people 40 years older than me they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Rich of you to assume my age but I'm glad you embrace your unpleasant grandad way of being. Sunday lunch with the family must be a hoot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yup it is, thanks.

…and to think all this started because I said “i didn’t like Lewis cos of his attitude” which immediately elicited the now standard “that’s racist” response.

How times have changed :lol:

Last edited by Ian-S on Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 77125 Next