TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:19 pm 

micha wrote:
Only thing missing on the Ferrari is the yellow squares on one of the cars.

The yellow cameras now insted the squares

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Getting those Ferrari 641 vibes from their new car :excited:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Red Bull had a private filming day today, but somebody managed to polish a still image from a shaky video:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another interesting detail - Ferrari homologated the rear part of the nosecone but the front is a separate part, meaning the design can be changed during the season without having to spend the now-limited funds on crash tests.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The video;

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ma_fe79/status/1494412897988059138[/tweet]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Ferrari is the most interesting design so far. Gone back to a 90's style squarish side pod. Just hope it works out for them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:33 pm 

gkmotorsport wrote:
Another interesting detail - Ferrari homologated the rear part of the nosecone but the front is a separate part, meaning the design can be changed during the season without having to spend the now-limited funds on crash tests.

I still want the Tyrrell front wing from rb :p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
But while I don't doubt Masi couldn't handle the pressure, I still feel he was making too many mistakes, and annoyingly, was often arrogant with his outcomes. More than once we heard him say how FIA and he himself is always orrect, even though in retrospect we know that wasn't the case.

Just want to quote this as I've heard this take many times and it's so fucking annoying. Anyone doing a job this complex with this pressure at this level will probably come across as a little arrogant in how they execute some things - when you're dealing with boss babies like Christian and Toto you have to be assertive or you're not fit for the role. Imagine doing that job and also having every statement you make broadcast or reported.

I hope the new guys in the job fucking fail at being perfect too and we get to watch team owners/Lewis cry until they're fired again. It's a great sport we're following here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:50 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
It also gives the impression that Mercedes' pressure has borne fruit, which is not a precedent the FIA wants to be setting. What do you think Red Bull will do the next time Garry Connelly rules against Verstappen over some alleged infraction?

An alternative interpritation is that now that the dust has settled, there's been a forensic examination of what happened in Abu Dhabi as well as a wider view of his entire tenure (marshals on track during the Imola SC nearly hit by stroll, restarting qualy with the tractor on track, changing the rules mid-race in Bahrain to suit red bull because they didn't read the rules pre-race, and the whole Spa debacle) and they agree that the temporary replacement for Charlie got promoted before he was ready.
Not everything has to be a conspiracy theory, but I guess these days....yeah, people see them everywhere

With Eduardo Freitas I expect a lot more VSCs over SC periods this year, which the teams should probably factor into their strategies (Always run as long as possible and hope you get rewarded) and maybe the fans need to expect more boring races (people nursing older tyres hoping for a VSC not able to fight anyone, those who do pit for fresher tyres getting punished by the car they're hunting down being gifted a free pitstop and fresher tyres by the VSC period

The DTM guy? Meh, I expect him to legalise team orders and knocking each other off the track tbh

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ferrari worker: "So you guys want a vintage look or a modern look?"

Binnoto: "YES"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looking forward to this new utopian era of Formula 1, free of questionable decisions and controversial penalties. Particularly pleased they addressed the consistency issue by splitting the season between two different race directors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:40 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Schumifan wrote:
Looking forward to this new utopian era of Formula 1, free of questionable decisions and controversial penalties. Particularly pleased they addressed the consistency issue by splitting the season between two different race directors.

Or maybe Masi in his interview with them said "man, I would've followed the rules, but I was so burnt out after 22 races a year I couldn't think straight... Plus those dickheads in my ear, it's all I can do to not just repeat exactly what one of them says back to the other one..."
Liberty: "Hmm, well we're gonna push it to over 30 eventually, probably, so we better split this job in two and shut those team bosses up too..."

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
JJ wrote:
But while I don't doubt Masi couldn't handle the pressure, I still feel he was making too many mistakes, and annoyingly, was often arrogant with his outcomes. More than once we heard him say how FIA and he himself is always orrect, even though in retrospect we know that wasn't the case.

Just want to quote this as I've heard this take many times and it's so fucking annoying. Anyone doing a job this complex with this pressure at this level will probably come across as a little arrogant in how they execute some things - when you're dealing with boss babies like Christian and Toto you have to be assertive or you're not fit for the role. Imagine doing that job and also having every statement you make broadcast or reported.

I hope the new guys in the job fucking fail at being perfect too and we get to watch team owners/Lewis cry until they're fired again. It's a great sport we're following here.

I would be more than happy to never have the race director being front and center in the media, always giving interviews like Masi was. You are the race director, just do the bloody job, and if there needs to be some sort of statement or conference do it, but not always being in the news like they are one of the "show".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:56 am 

Season 2022 will be like ERF, DAF, Pegaso, Saviem fight :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
JJ wrote:

i think the accusation of arrogance comes less from his assertiveness and more from his insistence that no mistakes were ever made when there clearly were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not admitting to mistakes is literally the first bullet point in the list of qualifications to work for the FIA.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:36 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Masi was way out of his depth even before Abu Dhabi. The position was untenable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:00 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

mclaren2008 wrote:
Masi was way out of his depth even before Abu Dhabi. The position was untenable.

They are replacing him with 3 people and a VAR system. Anyone would be out of his depth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Agreed, unless they paid him 3 salaries that's the proof that the FIA failed with their running of the sport, not Masi. Too much work for 1 person, but imo he did a great job on his own doing the work of 3 people.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Porsche, Red Bull nearing deal over F1 partnership from 2026

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pors ... t/8275245/

Not some random website reporting it now

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23125 Next