TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1653 posts ]  Go to page Previous 140 41 42 43 4483 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Quartararo killed his tires, is going backwards

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

he must have lost some gears

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:41 pm 

Bag won't do anything silly, just take points

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuck yeah Miller! Critics can eat a dick

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nice one Jack. Got a bit worried there for the last few laps but damn you could see the pressure release in parc ferme there. Just hope he can harness it. But Bagnaia will be hard to over come. He just looks at one with that bike.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Amazing second RBR race!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Jack Miller might get himself fired from the factory team sooner rather than later.

:wave:

Not just pointing the finger at this particular quote, but all around I get really fucking tired of seeing people hang shit on someone for a few bad weeks regardless of their form over several years, then quickly change colours when they get a good result. Motorsport fans and media have the memory of a goldfish.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:11 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

One win doesn't make Miller a championship contender. He's too inconsistent for that. I expect him to crash at either Le Mans or Mugello and we're back to square one. To make matters worse, Bagnaia has really upped his game compared to last season and seems to thrive in the works team.

I'm very much consistent with my take on Miller. He's too crash-prone to be viewed as a title contender. And it's been two years in a row since Miller himself has talked about being one. Nope. That's not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You're very much consistent with your take on everything here - the only posts you make here are to piss on things. Some would call that trolling, I just call it a sad existence.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:04 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
You're very much consistent with your take on everything here - the only posts you make here are to piss on things. Some would call that trolling, I just call it a sad existence.

I understand Australians are not convinced yet Miller isn't the next Doohan or even Stoner but I just call it like I see it. Miller is NOT a MotoGP World Championship material. He can win a race or two but the current MotoGP is so competitive half of the grid can do the same. And it doesn't help when Miller views himself as the main championship favorite. Such arrogance should never be acceptable but I understand Australians will defend him no matter what.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... g/5725488/

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:29 am 

Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
And it doesn't help when Miller views himself as the main championship favorite. Such arrogance should never be acceptable but I understand Australians will defend him no matter what.

That article you posted all he says he likes the idea of being "considered" championship favourite by others, because it's unfamiliar. He never calls himself that or doubles down on other people calling himself that, he's even quote as saying he wants to keep himself grounded.

You've got a warped sense of arrogance if that's what you took out of it.

And if you think we'll defend him no matter what, google the phrase "tall poppy syndrome". Doesn't take much for us to start cutting down our own.

It's a dangerous game when you try to play down hype when you're actually not playing it down at all. Miller must be careful, Bagnaia is way more consistent than he'll ever be, back in Moto2 Oliveira had more raw speed if fractionally but Bagnaia was more consistent and that's what won him the title. He made a lot of errors last season and I thought the rise to works team was premature but he's done evrything right in four races so far. Don't count out him doing what Mir did last season allthough I don't view any of the Ducati riders main title challengers. They can always get help from Yamaha though. It's always something with those guys, now Quartararo had a shocker with arm pump. For all the Yamaha pace shown, Bagnaia and Mir are the two biggest winners of the season thus far.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

I understand Australians are not convinced yet Miller isn't the next Doohan or even Stoner but I just call it like I see it. Miller is NOT a MotoGP World Championship material. He can win a race or two but the current MotoGP is so competitive half of the grid can do the same. And it doesn't help when Miller views himself as the main championship favorite. Such arrogance should never be acceptable but I understand Australians will defend him no matter what.

It's got nothing to do with being Aussie or where the people we talk about come from. I've called your shitposts out in the past in the BTCC threads, and see you spewing the same negative crap in the F1 thread over Russell and other drivers there, always for no particular reason than just to stir shit. You can keep doing it, just know that people here can tell the difference between members that have actual opinions and reasons for them, and members that just like to get some cheap attention through constant negative posts.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very happy for Miller. I've been gunning for him forever. Good to see him finally win (again).

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:55 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

It's got nothing to do with being Aussie or where the people we talk about come from. I've called your shitposts out in the past in the BTCC threads, and see you spewing the same negative crap in the F1 thread over Russell and other drivers there, always for no particular reason than just to stir shit. You can keep doing it, just know that people here can tell the difference between members that have actual opinions and reasons for them, and members that just like to get some cheap attention through constant negative posts.

What other drivers? Russell is overhyped and I'm calling his bluff while everyone finds excuses for him. I hold my line with this guy no matter how unpopular that is.

I understand I can only criticize the likes of Mazepin or Stroll because 99% of users here do so anyway.

I'm a vocal critic of reverse grids and BoP crap which is why I don't buy into the BTCC hype either. Spare me the artificial gimmicks. And 53-year old Jason Plato still on BTCC grid.

PS. I'm not telling people to eat dicks like you just did after one race where Miller doesn't put it on the floor. You might laugh now but you better pray Miller wins the championship like "main favorite" should :mrgreen:

To quote a classic: "You're a legend in your own mind!" :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:10 am 

Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
What other drivers? Russell is overhyped and I'm calling his bluff while everyone finds excuses for him. I hold my line with this guy no matter how unpopular that is.

It's funny because there seems to be a strong correlation between people who dislike George Russell and people from Poland, especially on social media.

I mean, I'm not questioning it, I irrationally dislike drivers (see previous discussions about Kimi), but, be honest, it's really about that fact he smashed Kubica to bits yeah?

Nope. It's because Russell refused to attend a Williams promo event in Poland fearing for his safety. That was his damn excuse even though Great Britain has seen more terrorist attacks in the last decade than Poland has in the last 900 years. He came off as arrogant prick and if I had any doubt over this guy then I lost all respect for him once he pulled the safety excuse. Did he expect Polish fans would throw eggs at him? Sheesh. If yes then he's not only arrogant but stupid.

Kubica had no business returning to F1 with his arm injury. Actually most casual fans here were mocking whenever he finished last, crashed in practice or broke down. The public opinion didn't really support Orlen spending money over a former flame. I don't really care what Kubica does anymore, he blew his future back in 2011.

It's funny back in F2 I thought Norris carries the unwarranted hype and I actually cheered for Russell more. But I lost all that feeling once he pulled the "Poland is unsafe country" bullshit. Yes, people in Poland won't forget Russell's idiotic comments about our country anytime soon. And it's not all about Kubica like people in Anglo-Saxon countries might think.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:49 am 

Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Nope. It's because Russell refused to attend a Williams promo event in Poland fearing for his safety. That was his damn excuse even though Great Britain has seen more terrorist attacks in the last decade than Poland has in the last 900 years. He came off as arrogant prick and if I had any doubt over this guy then I lost all respect for him once he pulled the safety excuse. Did he expect Polish fans would throw eggs at him? Sheesh. If yes then he's not only arrogant but stupid..

I can't find anything on the internet that says he never attended a promo event due to his safety.

I will just say, respect is a two-way street. Refer below.

George Russell, August 2019 wrote:
It’s a little bit hurtful that 50% of the comments on my posts are hate from Polish supporters, whereas the other 50% is complete support for me.

I’ve not come across anyone who’s disrespecting me, or giving any hate to me, who are not from Poland.

I wouldn't want to go to a country where I copped nothing but abuse from it's people.

That is taken from article from earlier that month where he laid ground work for using the safety excuse. Online abuse means nothing in the days of social media ruling the world. Every single celebrity or athlete can find online abuse but saying he only gets it from Poland is totally naive you know it's impossible. Or he's living in a total bubble and doesn't know what's going on. I don't know if British people can tell a difference between Russians and Poles and due to heavy anti-Russian bias in UK we're the ones getting blasted as collateral damage as well. After all, Brexit was fuelled by desire to kick working immigrants from UK as one of chief reasons and Poles are one of the largest immigrant groups there.

Obviously Anglo-Saxon media don't care about promo events in Eastern Europe and they would never put an English-speaking talent like Russell in a bad light. No wonder they skipped the safety part and focused on the mythical online abuse. Everyone with half a brain should know by now twitter mob is the last place where you seek evaluation. Hell, even Hamilton cancelled his social media profiles a while back before he magically decided to revive them. Yet Russell is Mr Know It All who only gets abuse from Poland and no other country in the world. Even probability theory would render that impossible.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:

It's funny because there seems to be a strong correlation between people who dislike George Russell and people from Poland, especially on social media.

I mean, I'm not questioning it, I irrationally dislike drivers (see previous discussions about Kimi), but, be honest, it's really about that fact he smashed Kubica to bits yeah?

Nope. It's because Russell refused to attend a Williams promo event in Poland fearing for his safety. That was his damn excuse even though Great Britain has seen more terrorist attacks in the last decade than Poland has in the last 900 years. He came off as arrogant prick and if I had any doubt over this guy then I lost all respect for him once he pulled the safety excuse. Did he expect Polish fans would throw eggs at him? Sheesh. If yes then he's not only arrogant but stupid.

Kubica had no business returning to F1 with his arm injury. Actually most casual fans here were mocking whenever he finished last, crashed in practice or broke down. The public opinion didn't really support Orlen spending money over a former flame. I don't really care what Kubica does anymore, he blew his future back in 2011.

It's funny back in F2 I thought Norris carries the unwarranted hype and I actually cheered for Russell more. But I lost all that feeling once he pulled the "Poland is unsafe country" bullshit. Yes, people in Poland won't forget Russell's idiotic comments about our country anytime soon. And it's not all about Kubica like people in Anglo-Saxon countries might think.
There we have it, TBK's very own Piers Morgan

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:03 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Scotty wrote:

There we have it, TBK's very own Piers Morgan

So what? Enjoy the mainstream propaganda but be sure Jack Miller wins that MotoGP title this year or even Piers Morgan jokes won't save him from looking like an arrogant prick rather than biggest championship favorite :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:33 am 

No need to facepalm. You just need to realize some people have different opinions about various drivers and I'm not a member of George Russell Fan Club like 99% of this forum. It's not that strange ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am 

Scotty wrote:
Vassago wrote:
No need to facepalm. You just need to realize some people have different opinions about various drivers and I'm not a member of George Russell Fan Club like 99% of this forum. It's not that strange ;)

There's a huge difference to having an opinion and being flat out wrong. You've presented no proof, said nothing but heresay and when given facts that disprove or counter your "opinion" you called them fake news ("mythical"). At this point you're just a troll, unwilling to relent on the facts, calling it an "opinion".

I have opinions from Polish journalists - one of whom I know personally from ancient days when he was still a rally co-pilot - who revealed the real reasons but couldn't do it officially because it would also hamper the Orlen brand. It's more than hearsay but I seriously doubt anyone in Australia or UK cares what Polish motorsport journalists report hence I'm fighting a lost cause on English-speaking forum.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1653 posts ]  Go to page Previous 140 41 42 43 4483 Next