TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 7281 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:05 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

codename_47 wrote:
There's a lot of people here being angry just for the sake of being angry

So you don't like Hamilton, great. We got that the 100th time you mentioned it in about 2009

So why do you even follow his instagram/read a story about his instagram posts? Nothing he does now will ever win you over, so why waste the energy?

Nope, think again. I don't dislike Hamilton at all but I sure as heck dislike him selling the vegan propaganda. It happens in a lot of sports when athletes are so dominant they think they can influence other people and tell them how to live their lives. He's not the first vegan bozo to come out public. Novak Djokovic did it 2-3 years ago when he was ATP #1 with a record advantage in points over the second ranked, Tom Brady and his avocado ice cream craz qualifies as well. I can guarantee you if Djokovic couldn't win a set off Nadal & Federer and the Patriots would be 8-8 rather than making Super Bowls every other year we wouldn't hear a damn thing about avocado ice cream & the vegan diet that supposedly made Djokovic a better player. Not a single word.

Hamilton rides the same boat, Mercedes has another silverware locked up so Hamilton just rumbles on about saving planet Earth and vegan shit. If Ferrari & Red Bull were a second faster per lap than Mercedes he wouldn't say a word about the environement whatsoever. You can take it to the bank. We live in an era where eveyone with a YT account can claim to be an "influencer" and it's all equally worthless IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vassago wrote:
trout wrote:
Vassago wrote:

Are you running for political office or just trolling? Again, what about Dorna calling F1 out while keeping up with the umbrella girls everywhere? This modern society shtick is getting depressing. People have gotten extremely soft and are bitching about everything back & forth. God knows we need another global war for these stupid comments to stop. When you're taking money from oil sheiks to host races don't give me the "sexist" and "modern society" high morals because it's hypocrisy of the highest order :yuk:

making a good moral decision is still good, even if the decision-maker is a hypocrite. would it be better if they were morally reprehensible across the board? the good should inform the bad; the bad should not be an excuse to forgo the good

sure, our society is filled with "bad faith" as sartre would say, but that isn't an excuse to give in to your own hedonistic or "nostalgic" feelings if they perpetuate injustice or oppression

My hedonistic feelings might not matter to you and even Liberty, if there's nobody watching F1 in this appeasement era then what's the whole point of this sport anyway? The sheiks will still hand out the cash and Liberty will take it even if the stands are half empty. The same thing happens in tennis, they've added a ton of tournaments in China that nobody is watching in the stands. But China fills the cashbox so why do WTA have to care about the fans anyway?

Sport used to be entertainment for the people, now F1 is only for the "progressive modern society"? Really? That's your message? And if I don't support the grid girls ban then I'm an idiot like Scotty said? Seriously? In this case I don't want a single piece of this progressive crap and I'll stick to my idiotic nostalgia. Thx.

PS. Bring back the tobacco liveries! That should make the progressive minds go totally haywire :lol:

i never called you an idiot. i intentionally avoid name-calling since it tends to be unproductive. nor am i trying to be divisive here. we all want what's best for the sport, but if we learn by maturity over time that something we've gotten comfortable with is actually oppressive and demeaning then we should let it go. we shouldnt cling to reprehensible behavior for the sake of entertainment

was it more entertaining when drivers had more open cockpits, open-face helmets, & street overalls? of course it was. but a sport that was not only dangerous, but fatal to the point of negligence was unsustainable. changes had to be made, even if it lessened the entertainment value of the sport

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 am 

trout wrote:
Vassago wrote:
trout wrote:

making a good moral decision is still good, even if the decision-maker is a hypocrite. would it be better if they were morally reprehensible across the board? the good should inform the bad; the bad should not be an excuse to forgo the good

sure, our society is filled with "bad faith" as sartre would say, but that isn't an excuse to give in to your own hedonistic or "nostalgic" feelings if they perpetuate injustice or oppression

My hedonistic feelings might not matter to you and even Liberty, if there's nobody watching F1 in this appeasement era then what's the whole point of this sport anyway? The sheiks will still hand out the cash and Liberty will take it even if the stands are half empty. The same thing happens in tennis, they've added a ton of tournaments in China that nobody is watching in the stands. But China fills the cashbox so why do WTA have to care about the fans anyway?

Sport used to be entertainment for the people, now F1 is only for the "progressive modern society"? Really? That's your message? And if I don't support the grid girls ban then I'm an idiot like Scotty said? Seriously? In this case I don't want a single piece of this progressive crap and I'll stick to my idiotic nostalgia. Thx.

PS. Bring back the tobacco liveries! That should make the progressive minds go totally haywire :lol:

i never called you an idiot. i intentionally avoid name-calling since it tends to be unproductive. nor am i trying to be divisive here. we all want what's best for the sport, but if we learn by maturity over time that something we've gotten comfortable with is actually oppressive and demeaning then we should let it go. we shouldnt cling to reprehensible behavior for the sake of entertainment

was it more entertaining when drivers had more open cockpits, open-face helmets, & street overalls? of course it was. but a sport that was not only dangerous, but fatal to the point of negligence was unsustainable. changes had to be made, even if it lessened the entertainment value of the sport

Well, you're supporting Scotty's "progressive" world order so you give the silent approval for the name calling at the very least. Sport IS entertainment - or it used to be before it became business. And there's so much money required to run a F1 project it is business. The days of gentlemen racers are long, long gone. Unless you mean gentlemen with thick wallets like Stroll or Chilton.

The entertainment value remains under scrutiny, I wonder where the "hybrid F1 engines aren't loud enough" naysayers are hiding?

You can be as progressive as you want but motor racing fanbase is pretty core and die-hard. It will never become a sport for the masses like football or the other football in USA. Liberty might think getting rid of the grid girls will appease the "modern society" but in reality nobody will care about this other than actual die-hards so the appeasement policy falls on deaf ears. What next, gender equality? Let's bring in Milka Duno or something? Claire Williams is doing a terrible job driving a historic team into the ground so it's not like the management side is well covered either.

My point about the progressive hypocrisy is valid though. Dorna shows no sign of getting rid of these umbrella girls because they represent business brands first and foremost. So yeah, we sell being progressive enough but we're still gonna take your money :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Being Vegan is good

Being Lewis is bad, he's the Kardashian of F1.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vassago wrote:
trout wrote:
Vassago wrote:

Quote:
I wonder where the "hybrid F1 engines aren't loud enough" naysayers are hiding?

Who says I am hiding? :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Lewis had to be vegan since his V12 Pagani is leaving a huge carbon footprint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hamilton has been talking about many other things than F1, and obviously it happens because he CAN do that as there isn't a fierce competition against him in Formula 1. You wouldn't see an underperforming driver doing that. But anyone can do whatever it wants provided the privileges one has, even moaning against veganism in a motorsport forum. And I really appreciate Hamilton's effort of talking about other things that matter to him and using his influence for good beyond F1.

vassago wrote:
Nope, think again. I don't dislike Hamilton at all but I sure as heck dislike him selling the vegan propaganda. It happens in a lot of sports when athletes are so dominant they think they can influence other people and tell them how to live their lives. He's not the first vegan bozo to come out public. Novak Djokovic did it 2-3 years ago when he was ATP #1 with a record advantage in points over the second ranked, Tom Brady and his avocado ice cream craz qualifies as well. I can guarantee you if Djokovic couldn't win a set off Nadal & Federer and the Patriots would be 8-8 rather than making Super Bowls every other year we wouldn't hear a damn thing about avocado ice cream & the vegan diet that supposedly made Djokovic a better player. Not a single word.

I think this is more about 'survivor bias' (aka people following mindlessly what a successful person does) than about vegan propaganda. You have Hamilton and Djokovic pushing veganism forward while you have Cam Newton going vegan and people questioning whether his diet is hampering his injury recovery or not. Even Brady is now under a less strict diet. Leave sports and we'll see people trying to imitate Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos or any successful person.

Ian-S wrote:
Its not better for the enviroment and it doesn't help with stainable farming long term, it's much more efficient to let cattle graze on the land then eat the cattle than it is kill all the local ecosystem and rape the land continuously for an ever decreasing crop yield, but that's a conversation for another day.

As right as you are about sustainable farming on the long term, this pretty much depends on these cattle is grown. See, here in Brazil, not only forests are being razed to give room for more cattle, half of our agricultural production is used for feeding these cattle. The irony here is exactly that we have lots of farming being used for the 'vegan' diet of the cattle. So, the impacts on the environment end up depending on how much meat we are eating.

In this topic, I really like Arnold Schwarzenegger's take - we don't need to all go vegan, but it's a good idea to reduce meat consumption and someday being able to eat meat twice a week.

I know vegan people from all kinds - you have the kind ones who tell how interesting is to be vegan and you have the ones who use veganism as a mere way of showing their virtue while they make meat-shaming of anyone who doesn't go vegan. It's always a choice to base yourself on evidences or on your hate on some given people. We're all grown-ups.

I am the most meat-lover person I know, but for several reasons, I decided to challenge myself. In the last 4 months, I haven't eaten meat on Mondays (although I really forgot that last Monday when I ordered a cheese-ham sandwich lol). It's easier to do than it seems, and sometimes I ended up craving it as it's been a good way of forcing me to try things I wouldn't. Also, sometimes it became a source of a bit of anxiety as I had to think about what to eat, and there are times all you want is a no brainer (in my case meat and rice).

You all can bash Hamilton on saying the things that matter to him, you all can fear for the veganpocalipse, or you can open up yourselves a little bit to something different - the worst that will happen if you get open to the new is having some few bad meals. But if you base yourselves on your hate to Hamilton, I am sorry to say Hamilton rules your lives more than you think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
Its not better for the enviroment and it doesn't help with stainable farming long term, it's much more efficient to let cattle graze on the land then eat the cattle than it is kill all the local ecosystem and rape the land continuously for an ever decreasing crop yield, but that's a conversation for another day.

The farmer next to our flying field grows rapeseed, while I was running about like a lunatic hoping to recover a plane before he ploughed it into the ground the other week he stopped ploughing and I asked why rapeseed? He basically said that it was the only thing that would grow in the ground now (used to be a sweetcorn field) as the land was so infertile, oh and "the enviromental nutters love it" lol

I must admit, skimming across the top of the rapeseed at 120mph does look nice through the headset though, so it's pretty at least.

You should do some research. You are incredibly misinformed. Giving a grand statement like what you’ve done at the start of the post and backing it up with one story and wrapping it up with a humble brag is a reflection with what’s wrong with society today.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/201 ... on/9816168

Why should it matter if I share a funny story? I wasn't trying to back up facts with it, it was just something that happened.

@
EAS
's answer was so much better and dare I say it, says more about you than it does him.

Is the air thin up there in your ivory tower?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
@EAS's answer was so much better and dare I say it, says more about you than it does him.

Is the air thin up there in your ivory tower?

My tower is made from ethically sourced Quinoa and Soy Beans I'll have you.

So what you're saying is you are the original SoyBoy, yes?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2019 Politics and Random Formula One Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:10 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry to ruin the vegan thread with F1 news buuuuuuut both Renault cars have been disqualified from the Japan GP due to their braking system.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 3CLVB.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:30 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Scotty wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

The farmer next to our flying field grows rapeseed, while I was running about like a lunatic hoping to recover a plane before he ploughed it into the ground the other week he stopped ploughing and I asked why rapeseed? He basically said that it was the only thing that would grow in the ground now (used to be a sweetcorn field) as the land was so infertile, oh and "the enviromental nutters love it" lol

I must admit, skimming across the top of the rapeseed at 120mph does look nice through the headset though, so it's pretty at least.

You should do some research. You are incredibly misinformed. Giving a grand statement like what you’ve done at the start of the post and backing it up with one story and wrapping it up with a humble brag is a reflection with what’s wrong with society today.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/201 ... on/9816168

Sorry for ruining all of your vegan planet saving and stuff, but have I got some (good) news for you.

Finnish beef production is based on use of dairy cows which are fed mostly with grass that grows on the fields. Our national dairy company is working on to make milk products carbon neutral by the 2030s. This would make our beef also carbon neutral. Also as we use grass for our cattle's food, they don't release so much methane than cows that are fed with soy-based feed.

Also feathered game meat is carbon neutral / environmental-friendly and reindeer meat is not that far off either.

Then some of the most used vegan products, like soy, avocado, rice and some fruits are extremely bad for the environment due the way they are produced and how rain forests are cut down from their way. If people stop eating animal based products, it has huge impact not only economically, but it would also increase the destruction of forests and increase CO2 emissions.

If you really want to be environmental friendly with your food choices, grow your own vegetables if you can or buy local products. Mass produced foods are the worst, especially if delivered from a faraway country. And eat only what you need for surviving. Eating three large vegan pizzas with a gallon of vegan cola every day ain't gonna save the planet.

tldr; Hamilton is a hypocrite and ignorant and just wants to boost his own ego with his planet saving message, like most of the pro-vegans. I'll drink milk and eat red meat today and not going to worry about it as I know it's better for the environment than soy-avocado pasta that some vegan nearby eats today.

Oh, and not very clever cheat by Renault.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

sennadesillva wrote:
Sorry to ruin the vegan thread with F1 news buuuuuuut both Renault cars have been disqualified from the Japan GP due to their braking system.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 3CLVB.html

The FIA. So no, the system is not illegal. Appeal thrown out. Also the FIA. The system is illegal. Disqualification. Any wonder why fans are becoming disillusioned?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Very amused to be the starter of the vegan discussion, but I actually posted it to divert attention from the grid girl discussion. Didn't help.

What else do we have... The US should ban guns, and religion is for the naive, weak and feeble minded. And Hamilton isn't the best driver, he just has the best car. As did Schumacher. And Vettel. Button. Villeneuve. Hill. Raikkonen was just lucky that McLaren didn't have team orders in 2007.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Your last point is actually very on point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Your last point is actually very on point.

Everything is :p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
and that's why Gilles Villeneuve is the best driver of all time, followed closely by Ronnie Peterson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
Very amused to be the starter of the vegan discussion, but I actually posted it to divert attention from the grid girl discussion. Didn't help.

What else do we have... The US should ban guns, and religion is for the naive, weak and feeble minded. And Hamilton isn't the best driver, he just has the best car. As did Schumacher. And Vettel. Button. Villeneuve. Hill. Raikkonen was just lucky that McLaren didn't have team orders in 2007.

Did Schumi have the best car in 1994?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:
Omega wrote:

Did Schumi have the best car in 1994?

Yes, because they had a lot of illegal technical aids that gave them a big advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The backbone of any new Concorde Agreement;

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1187787304863186944[/tweet]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 7281 Next