TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5481 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
some things can only be applied if they start forcing other to make them race properly, like make run engines at full swing and if you don't you'll get time penalties

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I'd go for something like: current engine formula, 1 engine per season

Emissionless formula: unregulated.
So long as your car isn't polluting the atmosphere in any way, run whatever engine config you want.

Might actually get more manufacturers in that way

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another reason not to do refuelling is it flies in the face of the present day enviromental stance of F1 to reduce its carbon footprint and use evolving technologies such as the KERS, MERS, MGHUKSKFUK stuff, not just refuelling at the track, but lumping all that refuelling equipment around the world burns up more carbon and is less environmentally friendly than the present kit they have to lump around.

Of course if Formula One wishes to abandon its bullshit stance and return to V8, V10 & V12, then they might as well bring back refurbing too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

uhm oops?

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... n_hungary/

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... er_angles/

Hopefully only material damages and no-one injured.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RenaultF1Team/status/1155797750790967297[/tweet]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:26 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Just about sums up their season

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Just about sums up their season

Daniel must start to second guess his move by now.

I still believe he has it in him to make it very difficult for Verstappen and if where to do that this season I expected to see the early 2018 Verstappen rather than the current one we're seeing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
Of course if Formula One wishes to abandon its bullshit stance and return to V8, V10 & V12, then they might as well bring back refurbing too.

You want these in F1?

I know what you meant but the typo brings a whole new meaning lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
:lol: Furby might be smarter than some engineering staff in Ferrari

another good rule is using only one engine block throughout the season, and you're free to replace all the other parts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:21 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Red Bull has issued the "his job is safe" statement aka kiss of death for Pierry Gasly :lol:

Autosport wrote:
Red Bull has silenced talk that Pierre Gasly's future at the team is again in doubt and insisted he will see out the 2019 Formula 1 season.

Another difficult weekend for Gasly at the German Grand Prix, which included a crash in practice and a race-ending clash with Alex Albon, has fuelled further speculation about his position.

Gasly's situation was not helped by Toro Rosso's Daniil Kvyat producing a brilliant performance at Hockenheim to take a podium finish, underlining that Red Bull has an obvious replacement on its books if it needs one.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko made it clear the team is committed to Gasly for the rest of 2019 at least.

"This year we won't change," he told Autosport. "We will end the season as we currently are."

But asked if Kvyat's growing form put Gasly under pressure, Marko replied: "Sure."

Gasly insisted the Hockenheim problems were "out of context" with his recent progress with the RB15 car.

Following a season-best weekend at Silverstone, Gasly qualified fourth at Hockenheim and had recorded a best lap just a tenth off team-mate Max Verstappen before it was chalked off for a track limits infringement.

But while Verstappen went on to win the chaotic race, Gasly never fully recovered from huge wheelspin at the start and a delay on his opening pitstop, and was only fighting for sixth when he tagged Albon.

"I'm just focusing on my job, performing and getting the max out of the car," Gasly said.

"And then for sure there are things to improve, with the team together. I think we are clearly making the step.

"I'm really happy with the way we are working with the team and the improvement we are doing. Just need to keep pushing in that and together we're going to get the result we deserve."

Asked if his progress had been substantial enough, he replied: "I think so. In qualifying, I got my lap time deleted but I was a few hundredths from second place, at Silverstone I was fighting a bit more to the front.

"[The Hockenheim race] was out of context but I feel that we are clearly making some big steps.

"So I'm confident it's going to pay off more consistently soon."

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner expressed some frustration at the points lost in the late collision with Albon.

"It was up and down," said Horner about Gasly's weekend.

"He had a good qualifying, but then he had a difficult first pitstop - there was a problem with the right rear wheelnut. And then they had to hold him because the whole queue of cars came in.

"He started recovering, and on the last restart he passed [Sebastian] Vettel. But then he went wide on three consecutive laps at Turn 1, and that's where the other cars got past him.

"Then obviously racing with Albon, they tripped over each other, which was frustrating because it was a good opportunity to take a lot of points out of Ferrari. So instead of taking 20-odd points out of them, we've only taken seven or eight."

Horner suggested Red Bull needed Gasly to start providing more points if it was to have any hope of overhauling Ferrari for second in the constructors' championship.

The gap between the two teams is now 44 points, and Horner believes Red Bull can overcome that deficit "if we start double scoring".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gotta wonder what Ricciardo is thinking looking at Gasly struggling in that seat whereas Max is consistently up there in the other seat. You've gotta imagine if Ricciardo was still there, he'd be up there as well scrapping for podiums/wins too. It's too bad as fans we're missing out on that as he's one of the most entertaining drivers when he's scrapping at the sharp end of the grid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is not the first 'Your job is safe, Pierre' coming from Red Bull. They did the same thing after his terrible race in Austria and then changed the tone during the British GP weekend.

I would say only a podium in Hungary saves his spell at Red Bull.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:21 pm 

Think Hulk will bag his first podium before Gasly does...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If they drop Gasly, hope Kyvat is given serious consideration. I think he would be quite handy in that car and be much closer to Verstappen and even hassle him a few times, as he'll be extra motivated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:24 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Anyone but Buemi tbh

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Gotta wonder what Ricciardo is thinking looking at Gasly struggling in that seat whereas Max is consistently up there in the other seat. You've gotta imagine if Ricciardo was still there, he'd be up there as well scrapping for podiums/wins too. It's too bad as fans we're missing out on that as he's one of the most entertaining drivers when he's scrapping at the sharp end of the grid.

Red Bull would be 2nd in the WCC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does nobody in F1 realise that the German GP was a lottery? Not trying to minimise the effort of Toro Rosso and the great result of Kvyat, but one lucky result and everyone is pretending that Kvyat is one of the best drivers in F1 again. Had they pitted one lap later, he would have finished 8th or 9th or 10th or whatever. Again, great drive of Kvyat, but let's not base his return to form on one lottery race.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:

I don't know, Ricciardo left because the team was already completely focussing on Verstappen. There is no guarantee that Ricciardo would have the same decent car as Verstappen has this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think he would be up there too. Gasly is clearly underperforming, considering his record in lower formulae and in STR last year. There's only much a team can do to benefit one driver over the other. The thing is that the Red Bull is performing well and Verstappen has shown to be up to the task, while Gasly hasn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Does nobody in F1 realise that the German GP was a lottery? Not trying to minimise the effort of Toro Rosso and the great result of Kvyat, but one lucky result and everyone is pretending that Kvyat is one of the best drivers in F1 again. Had they pitted one lap later, he would have finished 8th or 9th or 10th or whatever. Again, great drive of Kvyat, but let's not base his return to form on one lottery race.

It was a lottery, but not entirely, because it depended on the skill of drivers to take their chances too. Pitting one lap earlier also meant doing well with a tyre that was not proven to be working yet, while surviving in a race which some more reputable drivers failed to do so.

Also, I think mentality plays a big role here. Kvyat is the guy who beat a very hyped Daniel Ricciardo in 2015 and also the guy who two years later had more penalty points than championship points. If his mind goes back on track (with this good performance and a more mature person who has just become a father) and he builds on this momentum he is a good candidate for the seat of Red Bull. He had proven he was a driver capable of being in the elite of F1 and was kicked off it by circumstances beyond him. He did much more with a car that was less competitive than the one Gasly has in his hands right now.

I don't think Red Bull has jumped on Kvyat's bandwagon yet, but they might be considering it while watching him with more attention now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5481 Next