TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3881 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maybe they stream directly from the race track? Which would mean they have to set it up for every race weekend?

Instead of broadcasting the feed to the same location every week and stream it from there?

Just guessing..

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:
Maybe they stream directly from the race track? Which would mean they have to set it up for every race weekend?

Instead of broadcasting the feed to the same location every week and stream it from there?

Just guessing..

usually streaming from the track itself could run into other problems - i.e. bad internet connections in certain regions & countries causing a worser quality stream & more bugs, or not being able to broadcast at all

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think anno 2019 with all the climate / pollution / nature problematics, it is a very, very, very bad idea to destroy nature (which seems what it is now) and build a race track on it, knowing there is a track already that is in use for a long time.

Very bad idea for the image of F1 and even as a F1 fan I am totally against this. Even if the new track would look like an updated Spa Francorchamps I don't want them to do this.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:04 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

aerogi wrote:
I think anno 2019 with all the climate / pollution / nature problematics, it is a very, very, very bad idea to destroy nature (which seems what it is now) and build a race track on it, knowing there is a track already that is in use for a long time.

Stuff that Bolsonaro does not give a shit about. As for F1's image, if it's either the new track in Rio or no race in Brazil at all, I think no race at all is the way to go.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dicksplaash wrote:
aerogi wrote:

Stuff that Bolsonaro does not give a shit about. As for F1's image, if it's either the new track in Rio or no race in Brazil at all, I think no race at all is the way to go.

I'd rather F1 not race in Brazil rather than build a track on a preservation area. Brazil needs to get rid of Bolsanaro ASAP

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:52 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Just race the Rio circuit from Forza.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dicksplaash wrote:
aerogi wrote:

then I prefer no race at all tbh.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
its's not going to happen, he said that F1 was going to build the track

afaik F1 never built any track, apart from those days when the just closed public roads to stage races

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bolsonaro making a promise he cannot hold is not surprising.

But this story of F1 in Rio is confusing as hell. The track of this virtual lap is one, the track I saw on the reports of this new race is another one and both are different from the previous project of a race track in the same side.

They are promising to start the works on the track in 45 days time. How they will find the money to build the track (which they promise will not be funded by the government) in such a short time, and how they will build the track for a race in 2020 with such a small budget is something difficult to understand.

All this and we still have São Paulo, which has a contract for next year and hasn't shown any sign of giving up of F1. They have the option to extend the current contract until 2025 and they are likely to extend it.

It's quite a messy situation our president is making here. Which is not surprising.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Interlagos is a wonderful track. It'll be a shame to lose it, but that's "progress" for ya.

Sao Paulo isn't the best city in the world though. If only we could transport the track somewhere nice.

Interlagos itself is in not such a nice part of São Paulo. But as someone who is from Rio and lives and in São Paulo, I must say São Paulo is awesome. It is ugly as hell, but it is an amazing city that owes nothing to any metropolis in the world.

Beezle wrote:
Just race the Rio circuit from Forza.

Unfortunately, that is impossible. The city depicted in that track is a somewhat altered version of Rio de Janeiro.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bolsonaro is a lunatic madman and a naive fool at the same time. This ain't the first and no way it's the last time he says something that you won't believe where did it came from.

Anyway, nice column from http://www.autoracing.com.br
http://www.autoracing.com.br/formula-1- ... l-esquece/

Quote:
First of all, it is necessary to say that this text is not about politics. Autoracing is not interested in the political position of its readers. Neither your sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, nationality, socio-economic condition or any other characteristic you want to give.

The only thing that matters to us is that you like motor sports, particularly motor racing and motorcycling. And have enough insight to understand, learn, comment on exchanging ideas with us and other readers and listeners of the "Crazy" about any aspect related to motorsport and motorcycling competition.

This week the governor and mayor of Rio de Janeiro, backed by President Bolsonaro, said a series of nonsense - and foolishly - about Formula 1 leaving São Paulo and going to Rio de Janeiro already in 2020.

But why did I use the word "nonsense"?

Because they do not know what they say. Unfortunately and presumably they did not have the slightest knowledge about what is needed to build and maintain a race course of sufficient size for F1. They even spoke in MotoGP.

Although they said that the race track in Deodoro would not have a penny of public money, I will put two scenarios below.

First I will "believe" that they want to make and maintain a F1 racetrack without public money.

An autodrome with capacity to have F1 needs a track with at least 5 km of extension, housing accommodations, press, control tower, parking for at least 15 thousand vehicles and countless other items that no racecourse in Brazil has today.

In addition, it is absolutely necessary that there is an entire infrastructure around the racetrack that also does not exist in any city in Brazil, especially in Deodoro, a place surrounded by favelas. There is a need for hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, security, public transportation and private transportation, ie large avenues, huge parking area, metro and bus stations, etc.

None of this exists in any city in Brazil. The closest is São Paulo because the Interlagos racetrack is already there, it already works, it has almost all the items listed above, it has more than 250 days of events a year to help pay for its maintenance, but it nevertheless needs reforms every year to receive an ever increasing and demanding Formula 1.

If there was another place with all the necessary characteristics to receive the F1 in Brazil, only the construction of the racetrack and its internal infrastructure would cost about 1 billion reais (not counting bribes for the various public agents who bite yes and also). Oh, there is still the land, which depending on the place - and it would need to be a place with all the infrastructure I pointed out above, would also cost about 1 billion reais.

Then comes the question: which private entrepreneur would be slow enough to put 2 billion reais into a business basically impossible to return the investment in, say, 10 years?

I answer for all: None. There is no person who has earned that money and is retarded to that point.

"Ah, but the rulers of Rio said that the army will donate the land!"

So we're talking about public money on at least half the investment!

Even so, no person who has 1 billion reais is delayed enough to put that amount into a risk-sized business. And no Bank in the world will lend this money to a business doomed to financial failure.

Not even major football clubs can maintain their own stadiums without prejudice, even placing 20,000 people practically twice a week in there, getting money from TV, selling team products, making thousands of people pay as a "supporter" and so on. Imagine a racetrack starting from scratch!

So forget about private enterprise in such a robbery. It is absolutely impossible.

The second scenario would be to use public money to play everything or almost everything.

Which state or Brazilian city has any conditions? None or none. All states of the federation are either pre-bankrupt or completely broken. Rio de Janeiro is one of the worst, since it can not pay even pensions and / or salaries to those still working in the public sector. Not to mention health, education, safety and transportation, practically nonexistent in Rio and in most other states.

How can we explain to the taxpayer that the state will spend more than 1 billion reais on a racetrack, when all the basics are missing for the population?

It is so absurd that if any ruler of the country wants to do this, he would have to be arrested for administrative impropriety, embezzlement of public money and a host of other crimes that it is not important to list here.

So reader, do not fall for the talk of politicians totally ignorant in the subject - not to say malicious intentions - because the F1 does not leave of Interlagos so early. And if you leave, we'll probably be without the Brazilian GP for many years. At least until one day "this here" functions minimally as a reasonably well managed country and not with very serious problems in any and every place that "puts one's hands".

I am 57 years old and I hear that Brazil is the "country of the future" since I know myself by people.

I have never seen this future, not even with a scope.

Translated by google.

Ah, by slow in "Then comes the question: which private entrepreneur would be slow enough to put 2 billion reais into a business basically impossible to return the investment in, say, 10 years?" should have been translated as "retarded" :)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Budget for all the teams in 2018 was a masive 2,295,000,000 €

one might think they would put up a great show for all that money spend

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

aerogi wrote:

1.200.000.000 is already used by the top 3 in the budget list.
#3 is spending 100.000.000 more than #4

The average budget for the other 7 is 156.000.000. Compare that to at least 350.000.000 for RBR.

Regardles of how boring it currently is I am massively impressed by Mercedes for being able to stay on top this long. It is unheard of.
Even after 2018, where they only won it because Ferrari messed up, they're able to to produce a car thats way ahead of the rest.
While still having to put in a lot of resources to win 2018 they managed to do even better for 2019.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
aerogi wrote:

1.200.000.000 is already used by the top 3 in the budget list.
#3 is spending 100.000.000 more than #4

The average budget for the other 7 is 156.000.000. Compare that to at least 350.000.000 for RBR.

Regardles of how boring it currently is I am massively impressed by Mercedes for being able to stay on top this long. It is unheard of.
Even after 2018, where they only won it because Ferrari messed up, they're able to to produce a car thats way ahead of the rest.
While still having to put in a lot of resources to win 2018 they managed to do even better for 2019.

It's all about the tires.

It's not so much the cheaters have an amazing car. More like their car utilizes the tires better than any other...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:26 pm 

So, 5 races down, what are peoples views on how Kubica's return is progressing?
In recent races he has complained about his chassis, causing his car to feel "uncontrollable".
Yet, following a chassis swap with George Russell this weekend, Russell apparently reported "no issues" with it, and was much quicker than Robert than in past races.
As great it is to see Kubica back, has he lost speed due to his arm limitation? Or could it be that Russell is super quick, making Kubica look more off the pace than is the case? Either way, driving that shocker of a car won't do anyone any favours.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He might be consistently beaten by Russell but it isn't anything like he's totally out of the league.

I think such a bad team is something that hurts his motivation much harder than it hurts Russell's expectations and this is something that can explain him being beaten by Russell.

It's still a great achievement even though the story doesn't look that beautiful right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Zandvoort will be announced today.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Now official.

Who's ready for the parade?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Now official.

Who's ready for the parade?

how will it be different from most other races?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
how will it be different from most other races?

Exactly. I just hope that they will not make whole track with concrete runoff...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3881 Next