TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 174 75 76 77 78113 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
A few years ago that wasn't a problem for Red Bull, now they have a bunch of drivers and none eligible for a F1 drive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Would like to see Red Bull try and land Raikkonen but it's just a pipe dream.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Would like to see Red Bull try and land Raikkonen but it's just a pipe dream.

I doubt Raikkonen would fit in at Red Bull.

Unless Red Bull wants to sponsor some Extreme Icecream eating competition :whistling:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Speedworx wrote:
NASCAR already invited him to the 2019 Daytona 500

Of course they pick the easiest one to drive. I'd rather see him at Watkins Glen.

Might as well stick an F1 guy in a low-budget crapwagon for a one-off, that'll put butts in the seats and on the tube. Because that worked so well for Villeneuve.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Don't forget that in 2006 season Renault used mass damper, an illegal aerodynamic device in the first 11 races. After it was banned, Alonso managed to win only one race on that season.

Nobody is going to tell you that you have to like Alonso, but this is a real stretch. The 'illegal' mass damper was used legally in 2005, cleared by the FIA at the start of 2006 after Renault went to them with the design, banned by the FIA when it became clear Renault had done it better than the 7 other teams who used it, then declared legal by the German GP stewards. The FIA had to appeal against their own stewards to get it declared illegal because their own ruling wasn't clear enough.

Even if the intention wasn't to rein in Renault to benefit Ferrari, they made a real mess of the situation and it's certainly not common for rule changes to be forced through mid-season. The 'blocking' penalty at Monza didn't exactly help the look...

I don't think the mass damper could be put in the same category as Benetton's software fiddling or fuel filter games. It was a good example of a loophole which they got more right than others - see also blown exhausts and double diffusers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sainz confirmed at McLaren.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/F1/status/1030067537495695360[/tweet]

Last edited by StefMeister on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And I guess Vandoorne has one last chance alongside him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:
Sainz confirmed at McLaren.

In terms of following your idol, this must be for Sainz what Lewis felt when he got the McLaren drive.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

McLaren was saying they were looking for an experienced driver given their current situation. I wonder they might have received some refusals before reaching Sainz.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:57 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Kimi Räikkönen's autobiography was released today and first print was sold out within three hours. The batch was 50.000 books, not including e-books, which is very big batch in Finnish market and selling it out this fast is unheard of.

Judging by the captions media has made public today, it seems like Räikkönen really is quite a character. Lotus years seem to be more tribute to James Hunt than just a special Monaco helmet.

"I used to smoke when I was younger, but not during my active years. Except when I get drunk, then I smoke. And I'm drunk a lot."

"For a race driver I've drank f*cking a lot. I guess I've drink more than the others [F1-drivers in the grid], multiple times."

”Buongiorno alla tutti!” That went quite well, Kimi thought afterwards.

This only Italian line Kimi said in his first Ferrari press conference, but just few minutes earlier Räikkönen was found from a hotel room floor of a Finnish actor he'd been drinking the night with, still reeking of booze. Ferrari's PR director was not pleased.

Few years later Kimi was partying in Finnish Lapland with ski jumping legend Matti Nykänen (google him if you don't know all ready!). After partying, Kimi was found sleeping in a heated clothes drying closet, wearing nothing else except Nykänen's Olympic ski jumping suit. This is new information, at the time Nykänen was interviewed about the partying with Räikkönen and all Nykänen said that "he respects Kimi a lot, he doesn't spit in the glass."

I've always thought media likes to exaggerate their stories to sell more papers, but in Räikkönen's case they've seemed to done the opposite, maybe thinking that no one would believe the stories.

Seems to be like a great book! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is he the type that is quiet and unfunny at the beginning of parties, then once they have enough alcohol in their system instantly switch to being overly drunk, uncontrollable, and impossible to talk with? Those guys are not very fun to party around tbh. You'll have that one anecdote of what they did before blacking out and that's it. I vastly prefer progressive drunks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
McLaren was saying they were looking for an experienced driver given their current situation. I wonder they might have received some refusals before reaching Sainz.

he will be having 4 years of experience by the end of 2018, so that's something. I think they referred to not putting Norris in the car yet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:54 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Coldtyre wrote:
Is he the type that is quiet and unfunny at the beginning of parties, then once they have enough alcohol in their system instantly switch to being overly drunk, uncontrollable, and impossible to talk with? Those guys are not very fun to party around tbh. You'll have that one anecdote of what they did before blacking out and that's it. I vastly prefer progressive drunks.

The rumor has it that Kimi is real party animal, not a like a burden you described. Between Bahrain 2012 and Barcelona 2012 he had 16 days of partying. Twisted his ankle while playing beer-football and got an excuse to skip Lotus test session planned between those two races. Mayday is a huge party in Finland, so he partied through that and somewhere around 7th of May he realized he had just 3 days until the next race. He scored 3rd place in the race just four seconds behind Maldonado and Alonso, but was catching them thanks to better tire management.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
that shows Kimi is a great driver while on hangover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

LucasWheldon wrote:
that shows Kimi is a great driver while on hangover

"Just give me five more f*cking minutes."

"Just f*cking let's get this thing over with as quickly as possible."

"Finally!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
EAS wrote:

he will be having 4 years of experience by the end of 2018, so that's something. I think they referred to not putting Norris in the car yet.

With 4 seasons on the belt, Sainz won't be an inexperienced driver indeed. But I have the impression they were looking for more veteran drivers - they had talks with Ricciardo and I think Raikkonen was regarded as an option too. Going from this to Sainz is an underachievement.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Is he the type that is quiet and unfunny at the beginning of parties, then once they have enough alcohol in their system instantly switch to being overly drunk, uncontrollable, and impossible to talk with?

You've just described all the Finnish people i've met. But I found most of them quite fun to hang out with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:51 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

the ost wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Is he the type that is quiet and unfunny at the beginning of parties, then once they have enough alcohol in their system instantly switch to being overly drunk, uncontrollable, and impossible to talk with?

You've just described all the Finnish people i've met. But I found most of them quite fun to hang out with.

You've met the wrong Finns, buddy. The ones I prefer to hang out with are funny even when sober and doesn't change much when hammered. And most importantly, never starts fighting or get emotional at a party, there's different places for those activities.

You've probably met some southern frat boys or some hippy couch surfers... :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gaara wrote:
And I guess Vandoorne has one last chance alongside him.

Apparently they have given Vandoorne some targets to meet for the rest of the season, if not then Norris is being lined up which would be a crying shame for Vandoorne if he found himself out of F1

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Got to feel for Stoffel. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a star, but being straddled with two shitboxes at the start of your career is no help. But in saying that, he hasn't turned in any performances that have elevated himself above his machinery (save for ironically his debut in Bahrain 2016) Alonso has. Constantly. And that sadly I think will be his downfall. He needed those couple of performances and for whatever reasons he hasn't delivered.

Such a shame that that C rate driver Ericsson will more than likely still be on the grid next year when Stoffel wont.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 174 75 76 77 78113 Next