3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 - SoS 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 64
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

9. Great race, just a shame Anthony Davidson is an idiot and the 'Vettes engines blew up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm 

I gave it a 9 only because there was no fight at the end and no rain. I was going to give it an 8, but the race was just that good. It also would have done better but the GT2 class fell apart even though it started off so strong. Now, how can I get this race off my DVR so I can save it :wave:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fantastic race. Great weekend. AUDI with a triple win! 10 points (HOF)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:03 am 

9/10. Very enjoyable most of the way through.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

9 for me, greatly enjoyable race, lost interest in the last 2 hours when the Pug retired so i turned it off. But great race overall, kinda wished it somehow rained during the race but...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
I hate Audi so much I rated it a 5. :yuk:

Call me a fanboy if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Next year will be better if there are more top runners than just Audi and Peugeot, and more types of cars overall. It was kind of lame that all cars but two in LMP1 was either Audi, Peugeot or Lola.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cheeveer wrote:
Next year will be better if there are more top runners than just Audi and Peugeot, and more types of cars overall. It was kind of lame that all cars but two in LMP1 was either Audi, Peugeot or Lola.

Four way battle between Peugeot, Audi, Aston Martin and HPD/Acura/Honda/whatever and in the Intercontinental Cup too :flag:
Yeah, I can dream...

Amount of top runners depends on how badly ACO screws up equivalency rules this time, hybrid might just become the new diesel...

Chances for other new manufacturers are thin unless some surprise announcement is made in like next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:59 pm 

What's up with Epsilon Euskadi, Creation, Courage etc...? Courage was bought by Oreca, right? Pescarolo is confirmed?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:10 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

deggis wrote:
Cheeveer wrote:

Four way battle between Peugeot, Audi, Aston Martin and HPD/Acura/Honda/whatever and in the Intercontinental Cup too :flag:
Yeah, I can dream...

Amount of top runners depends on how badly ACO screws up equivalency rules this time, hybrid might just become the new diesel...

Chances for other new manufacturers are thin unless some surprise announcement is made in like next couple of weeks.

Diesels have been said to have a massive advantage, but they just don't. Audi and Peugeot are just better than everybody else. Hell the Aston is just a customer Lola that's been hacked up. If Audi and Peugeot ran petrols they'd still kick everybodies asses. The R10 won Le Mans in it's final year, and look where it is in the hands of a privateer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:15 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

I guess it depends on how you set the car up, how you prepare the car, and how much money you have.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Diesels have been said to have a massive advantage, but they just don't. Audi and Peugeot are just better than everybody else. Hell the Aston is just a customer Lola that's been hacked up. If Audi and Peugeot ran petrols they'd still kick everybodies asses. The R10 won Le Mans in it's final year, and look where it is in the hands of a privateer.

I know exactly what you mean, because I used to think too that everyone else just sucked that much but I was blind believing there was no advantage. With that being said, I agree with your examples. The "Aston" is a bad example because of the chassis and the engine is not bespoke and they're short of resources anyway and R10 shows how shitty a car can be in wrong hands. Best comparison to diesels would be the P1 Acura but even that was handicapped by not a completely new bespoke engine that was missing 2000 cc.

That is why we should only compare the engines and fortunately that can be done in theory since it's just mathematics. It's just not the horsepower advantage but torque too. That much torque is quite handy in traffic. Actually I even dislike talking about torque like it was exclusive to diesels. I mean, petrol twin-turbo V12 would make some nice torque too. The numerous changes made by ACO since 2006 proofs they know they underestimated advances in diesel technogy when Audi "dictated" the regulations back in 2004/2005.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:31 am 

5/10

Mansell crashing...

Diesels making LMP1 boring...and even when there looked like there was going to be a good battle near the end...Davidson and Duvall blow up...

Seabass not even getting to make a lap...

ACO should ban all diesels this year since they were clearly coughing out too much emissions (clearly being seen) during the race...Peugeot and Audi are guilty...that's a clear violation of the ACO rulebook regarding those cars. Either enforce the diesel regulations much more harshly or start making them on the same level with the petrols. In my mind, the Oreca #6 is the true overall winner. Congrats Ayari/Andre/Meyrick!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheeveer wrote:
What's up with Epsilon Euskadi, Creation, Courage etc...? Courage was bought by Oreca, right? Pescarolo is confirmed?

Epsilon Euskadi ran out of funding for the project and abandoned it in favor of running their F3 team or whatever it is. Creation moved their operation to the US and the car has only turned laps at Le Mans last year, and none since. They keep saying they're going to start running in the ALMS but that hasn't happened yet. All signs point to running out of funding as they keep saying they are "interested in funded drivers." Make of that what you want. Courage was bought out by Oreca. Dome has been searching for partners to run the S102 for the last two years, and every year they get screwed over. They get interest, the car is ready to go, the financial agreement is made, and suddenly group planning to run the car pulls out with everything from Dome in place, including support staff. It appears they're not giving up though, fortunately.

Pescarolo is not yet confirmed, Pescarolo Sport as we knew it is now no longer in the hands of The Good Henri, as it was bought out by Genii, removing Henri from command of his own team. Genii then pulled the entries from LM and essentially no one is now in charge. Henri himself has plans to return with cars, though OAK Racing has the current rights to the technology and production of the current cars. They've been developed well for this year and if Henri is to return, I suspect there will be a continued partnership with OAK and he'll return on good footing. He has said "the fire still burns," which goes a long way in this sport, interestingly. Rumours say he will return, he says he will return... We'll just wait and see - whatever happens, it won't be with Pescarolo Sport. A new company will have to be started.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Courage Competition is no longer but Yves Courage will be back: http://tinyurl.com/translation-electriccourage ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am 

words of Dr Ulrich on the podium "let us find a solution, all together, to get Pesca back with us next year..."
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gave it a 7. Non of my favorites made it trough the race (I'm neither a Audi or Peugeot fan, fuck diesels).

Race itself was pretty cool. But last 4 hours where kinda long. Since I just had slept for 2 hours and there wasn't any fighting going on at the track it looked like an eternity. The rest of the race was awesome, but that kinda made it a relative low rate for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:21 am 

disappointing finish..... 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:39 am 

The race didn't hold up to what I expected reading the entry list but still it had lots of drama what is also a big part of Le Mans (think about Jesus Pareja)

minus:
SC and pit release rule - just made me angry a few hours into the race when Marc VDS took 11min for one lap because they only changed tyres and the SC leading Peugeot lapped faster than the SC leading Audi. I hoped for a great battle like on lap 1 but the SC's parted Peugeot and Audi for a +1min gap
Our Nige crashing on lap 4
GT1 - new Fords but with poor drivers and a lot of old cars with even poorer drivers
JLOC - did they run a stock engine? Where was that R-GT scream????
Track lightning at Esses and Tertre Rouge, Tilke-look at Esses and Tertre Rouge, construction of football stadium blocking view on the Hunaudières. God, I'm happy I've been there already in 2006 when Tertre Rouge was pitch black at night.
Lack of competition in P2
bad wheater sometimes (GroupC practice, earlier the week)
Lack of atmosphere and crowd

plus:
Epic race for the record books - New distance record, Timo Bernhard having won Daytona, Sebring and Le Mans.
Lots of drama at the front
Fantastic GT2 class
Good Acura battle in P2
Radio Le Mans coverage
Beechdean icecream handed out during pitwalk
Group C supporting race
one hour real mad-friday without CRS on standby at Bleu

All in all it's a 7