Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racefan wrote:
gd49 wrote:
The Spa CCTV cameras should have caught Senna's crash, they might of caught the Eau Rouge crash too? Anyone know if the footage will ever be released?

Senna's crash is the 3rd or 4th big crash at Blanchimont isn't it? Looks like he had exactly the same crash as the one that destroyed a Spyder last year, leaving the driver seriously injured. If the outside was gravel rather than tarmac, wouldn't that prevent cars spinning into the inside concrete wall, and instead slow down in the gravel before hitting the tyres on the outside?

There might be videos of those crashes on http://www.race-rally.be but i doubt it...

The spyker was 2 years ago wasnt it? and it was on Eau Rouge (i was there), but you could mean a diffrent crash ofcourse.

I also remember Alx Danielssons crash there, that was real big... the biggest ive ever seen.

No, I was thinking about the crash in the THP Spyder cup last year, can't remember the driver's name but think he broke several bones in the crash, the car was completely destroyed. Cameras at the circuit only caught the impact sound sadly...

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:26 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

racefan wrote:
I also remember Alx Danielssons crash there, that was real big... the biggest ive ever seen.

Do you have any video of this one ? I remember it happened in 2006 but no channel showed the 1st race as it was run on a Friday.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

gd49 wrote:
racefan wrote:
gd49 wrote:
The Spa CCTV cameras should have caught Senna's crash, they might of caught the Eau Rouge crash too? Anyone know if the footage will ever be released?

Senna's crash is the 3rd or 4th big crash at Blanchimont isn't it? Looks like he had exactly the same crash as the one that destroyed a Spyder last year, leaving the driver seriously injured. If the outside was gravel rather than tarmac, wouldn't that prevent cars spinning into the inside concrete wall, and instead slow down in the gravel before hitting the tyres on the outside?

There might be videos of those crashes on http://www.race-rally.be but i doubt it...

The spyker was 2 years ago wasnt it? and it was on Eau Rouge (i was there), but you could mean a diffrent crash ofcourse.

No, I was thinking about the crash in the THP Spyder cup last year, can't remember the driver's name but think he broke several bones in the crash, the car was completely destroyed. Cameras at the circuit only caught the impact sound sadly...

Ah yes, i saw pictures of that one, and it was a big crash for sure 8O

Toto87 wrote:
racefan wrote:

Do you have any video of this one ? I remember it happened in 2006 but no channel showed the 1st race as it was run on a Friday.

I meant the crash in Blanchimont during race 2, i just missed that one.

But i saw pictures of the crash on friday, it was wet during the race and Vettel crashed (like the radicals last week, if you have seen the video... but a FR 3.5 is much faster ofcourse :P) on his own and Danielsson hit one of his wheels. Was a pretty bad crash but i havent seen a video of it either

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:06 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

racefan wrote:
I meant the crash in Blanchimont during race 2, i just missed that one.

But i saw pictures of the crash on friday, it was wet during the race and Vettel crashed (like the radicals last week, if you have seen the video... but a FR 3.5 is much faster ofcourse :P) on his own and Danielsson hit one of his wheels. Was a pretty bad crash but i havent seen a video of it either

Ah okay, I thought you were talking about his Eau-Rouge crash.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 pm 

But Vettel crashed at Eau Rouge I think, nearly losing a finger due to debris flying in his cockpit? Weren't the races held as FIA-GT 24h support?
Missed both crashes while waiting for crazy outbraking manouvers at Rivage with that mighty bump in the braking area

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

tommy84 wrote:
But Vettel crashed at Eau Rouge I think, nearly losing a finger due to debris flying in his cockpit? Weren't the races held as FIA-GT 24h support?
Missed both crashes while waiting for crazy outbraking manouvers at Rivage with that mighty bump in the braking area

Yes thats treu. Vettel crashed on Raidillon (the exit of Eau Rouge). He hit the tryrebarrier on the inside, lost 2 or 3 wheels and spun back on the track, Daniellson hit one of the wheels whilts Vettels hand got hit by some carbonfiber debry. I believe both where able to start the race on saturday (Danielsson for sure as he had his big crash in blanchimont during that race, not sure about Vettel though)

Btw. that was a awesome weekend :P those GT3 races where great