TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9049 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1319 320 321 322 323453 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:53 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Slam wrote:
Sergio wrote:
Great vid of a angry Derek Warwick.
Such a natural reaction :lol:

Derek Bell ;)

Whoops sorry brainfart Derek Bell :lol: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

http://blog.caranddriver.com/sword-figh ... ng-nissan/

Panoz trying to shame Nissan (again) by taking out Newspaper adverts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Didn't Nissan came with a Coupe version of the car before Panoz?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LOL The best part about this is that when Bowlby designed it, it was meant to be a mother chassis concept that one could design different aero for. Panoz is such a piece of shit. Maybe you should have made it worth Bens time to stay, jackass. I can't wait until he bankrupts himself doing this petty shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Indycar should take an ad out saying "yeah well, we could've had it first"

Imagine if that thing was running around instead of the DW12 now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It wouldn't be running now, the series would have died with that piece of shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:34 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yeah when they can't get one running reliably it's hard to imagine them being able to run 24 or whatever Indycar is running.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And how many races has it attempted now?

Remember all the bitching about the unreliability the Panoz had at first in Champ Cars? That would have looked an utter success compared this this stinking pile o shite.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:12 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Pretty sure you can't compare what's running now to what would have run in IndyCar, bar the looks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What kind of engine/gearbox were they going to run?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:53 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Gaara wrote:
And how many races has it attempted now?

Remember all the bitching about the unreliability the Panoz had at first in Champ Cars? That would have looked an utter success compared this this stinking pile o shite.

The Panoz thing was overblown, a lack of testing compounded with CC's sudden late decision to run standing starts at some events meant early 07 was pretty much just a testing year.

Remember how badly A1GP and GP2 did at the start of their chassis cycles too, particularly when it came to getting the cars off the grid.
(And Indycar itself had a few problems last year too)

Once the teething problems were out of the way, 08 would've been a tast season. Still bitter we didn't get to see it. (Dunno if that's too obviously though with my calm and well balanced posting on here)

What's going on with the DW is way, way past the teething problems of a new batch of chassis ;)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:16 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Gaara wrote:
What kind of engine/gearbox were they going to run?

I don't think that was ever decided (someone correct me if wrong). Nissan and Panoz only got involved after the failure to get into Indycar.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not really clear on all the facts of the Deltawing debacle, but if Bowlby designed aspects of the DW under Panoz's employ, and his contract said Panoz would own all IP he developed (as I expect it would), then if Nissan is still using any of those aspects doesn't Panoz have a case?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:51 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
I'm not really clear on all the facts of the Deltawing debacle, but if Bowlby designed aspects of the DW under Panoz's employ, and his contract said Panoz would own all IP he developed (as I expect it would), then if Nissan is still using any of those aspects doesn't Panoz have a case?

Under normal circumstances I'd agree, but Panoz isn claiming direct copies, and sometimes it's just flat out lying. They are claiming it's an exact copy, which it just isn't. It's the same concept, and if you start deciding that others can't use the concept in motorsport then it gets ridiculous.

However Panoz are claiming an exact copy at times. They even went as far as a press release which had a photo of the rear lights of both the Nissan and Panoz versions saying they were a copy.

http://cdn1.carwitter.com/wp-content/up ... witter.jpg
http://www.automotivenewz.com/wp-conten ... -angle.jpg

But those just aren't the same.

Panoz aren't helped by the fact that there entire basis of this is lies. They claim to be the original producer of it, but had nothing to do with it. Ganassi funded the prototype IndyCar, which Ben Bowlby designed. Panoz then marketed it to the ACO for Garage 56. The car was then built by AAR and run by Highcroft, with a Nissan engine, based on an Aston Martin AMR-One tub. Panoz then said he wanted it to run in LMP1 and LMP2 at Le Mans (which never happened), and then said he'd want it to replace the ORECA FLM09 Challenge car. Panoz then announced he was building a new car, without AAR, Highcroft, Nissan, or Bowlby, and would build it to LMP1 regs (an impossibility given the very nature of the car), and has since claimed he now owns exclusive rights to build any delta shaped road vehicle in the world.

Since then he's filed a lawsuit against Nissan and Ben, which at the time Ganassi was part of due to original involvement, but I believe they've now left. However this is all because Panoz claims exclusive rights to the entire concept of a thin nosed car. Which, if put in perspective, means you could in theory just make your car a little smaller in height and claim the right to build small road vehicles. Or put an engine in the back and say nobody else can ever do that. The reason he is so eager to claim the exclusive right to build delta shaped vehicles is because he wants to license out the concept to anyone to build it. I think he's kinda twigged that Panoz road cars are piles of utter wank and nobody wants them, but they'll buy a delta shaped concept by somebody who can...build cars.

Of course the entire concept of the DeltaWing was to change motorsport and prove that they've gone the wrong way with high drag and lots of power and you should aim for low drag and lower power. A fine idea really - if you prove your way is better than everybody elses then everybody will move over. But Panoz then went "our way is better, this is how you should do it. But you're not allowed to do it. Because we own it, so pay us money". Imagine if Audi had claimed full ownership of all diesel engines at Le Mans...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

McLaren preparing P1 GTR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We need a real GT1 class back like the one from 1995-1999 for these kinda cars. I bet you would have at least McLaren and Ferrari entering, maybe Porsche too? Demote GTE back tot GT2 and het rid of GTE-AM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But that's going to be a track day special, actual race car bet should be still on on the 650S (converted to GTE).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Under normal circumstances I'd agree, but Panoz isn claiming direct copies, and sometimes it's just flat out lying. They are claiming it's an exact copy, which it just isn't. It's the same concept, and if you start deciding that others can't use the concept in motorsport then it gets ridiculous.

However Panoz are claiming an exact copy at times. They even went as far as a press release which had a photo of the rear lights of both the Nissan and Panoz versions saying they were a copy.

http://cdn1.carwitter.com/wp-content/up ... witter.jpg
http://www.automotivenewz.com/wp-conten ... -angle.jpg

But those just aren't the same.

Panoz aren't helped by the fact that there entire basis of this is lies. They claim to be the original producer of it, but had nothing to do with it. Ganassi funded the prototype IndyCar, which Ben Bowlby designed. Panoz then marketed it to the ACO for Garage 56. The car was then built by AAR and run by Highcroft, with a Nissan engine, based on an Aston Martin AMR-One tub. Panoz then said he wanted it to run in LMP1 and LMP2 at Le Mans (which never happened), and then said he'd want it to replace the ORECA FLM09 Challenge car. Panoz then announced he was building a new car, without AAR, Highcroft, Nissan, or Bowlby, and would build it to LMP1 regs (an impossibility given the very nature of the car), and has since claimed he now owns exclusive rights to build any delta shaped road vehicle in the world.

Since then he's filed a lawsuit against Nissan and Ben, which at the time Ganassi was part of due to original involvement, but I believe they've now left. However this is all because Panoz claims exclusive rights to the entire concept of a thin nosed car. Which, if put in perspective, means you could in theory just make your car a little smaller in height and claim the right to build small road vehicles. Or put an engine in the back and say nobody else can ever do that. The reason he is so eager to claim the exclusive right to build delta shaped vehicles is because he wants to license out the concept to anyone to build it. I think he's kinda twigged that Panoz road cars are piles of utter wank and nobody wants them, but they'll buy a delta shaped concept by somebody who can...build cars.

Of course the entire concept of the DeltaWing was to change motorsport and prove that they've gone the wrong way with high drag and lots of power and you should aim for low drag and lower power. A fine idea really - if you prove your way is better than everybody elses then everybody will move over. But Panoz then went "our way is better, this is how you should do it. But you're not allowed to do it. Because we own it, so pay us money". Imagine if Audi had claimed full ownership of all diesel engines at Le Mans...

Does Ganassi/Panoz have a patent for the basic shape? Rest is so bullshit but as seen in technology (Apple vs. Samsung etc), design patents cases in the court can go really haywire... often doesn't even matter if it has been done before (Chevrolet Astro III from 1969).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

deggis wrote:
But that's going to be a track day special, actual race car bet should be still on on the 650S (converted to GTE).

I know. Just giving my opinion that these class of cars (P1, LaFerrari, 918 etc) should have been the top GT class and not the promoted GT2 cars we have nowadays.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9049 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1319 320 321 322 323453 Next