TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 520 Next

Who will win overall?
Audi (#7, #9) 42%  42%  [ 13 ]
Peugeot (#07, #08) 55%  55%  [ 17 ]
Drayson (#8) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Intersport (#37) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Autocon (#12) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 31
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

eh? 1 GT1 entry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Heh, you guys wondering whether you're going to be there and I don't even know if I'll even have net access to be able to watch the thing - it's the day I move in to my new place in Coventry and I still haven't heard back from my flatmates about whether they've got net access, or even electricity...

Talking of which, I take it TBK Radio for this would be pretty much a non-starter given that some of the main contributors are going to be at the race itself...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:03 pm 
Head Muppet

James B wrote:
Heh, you guys wondering whether you're going to be there and I don't even know if I'll even have net access to be able to watch the thing - it's the day I move in to my new place in Coventry and I still haven't heard back from my flatmates about whether they've got net access, or even electricity...

Talking of which, I take it TBK Radio for this would be pretty much a non-starter given that some of the main contributors are going to be at the race itself...

I'm going to be bringing my camera, so we might do a bit of a "what was your experience like" video while we're doing dinner, assuming we all can get together for dinner one night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

buster hymen wrote:
James B wrote:

I'm going to be bringing my camera, so we might do a bit of a "what was your experience like" video while we're doing dinner, assuming we all can get together for dinner one night.

I can dig that! Like I said I won't be around most of race day unless you come to visit (or I get an hour or so off to wander around a bit), but if you're willing to stick around after the race is over for a little bit and we can find some light, we might be able to pull something together, love the idea. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:25 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
ptclaus98 wrote:
Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
I won't be able to make it to the grid, more than likely, as I'll be marshaling and the chances of getting a post near the start/finish line are pretty slim. I'll post on here during the week when I figure out what corner I'll be at and perhaps in your travels you'll be able to pay a visit or something.

Damn, I didn't know you were marshaling. How long have you been a marshal?

A little under two years... Anyone reading this really ought to consider marshaling - it's an awesome opportunity and a great way to give back to the racing community. Free entry to the pro races is a nice bonus too. :)

Could you tell me how you got the marshaling job? I'm really interested in becoming one myself, but don't know how.

Andy wrote:
eh? 1 GT1 entry

And I believe that one was dropped due to their crash in Budapest. Besides, no one pays attention to GT1 anyways, most of the cars (and action) will be at GT2.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I find it kind of interesting that there is one GTH entry as well. That's a team of three fairly good drivers who will essentially be doing a 12-hour test session/race simulation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:32 am 

That I can understand. I'm in for innovation, they just need to be competitive. I believe one of the Porsche 911 hybrids did really well in the Nurburgring before having mechanical problems, if my memory serves me right.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
That I can understand. I'm in for innovation, they just need to be competitive. I believe one of the Porsche 911 hybrids did really well in the Nurburgring before having mechanical problems, if my memory serves me right.

The car is only being run as a technical demonstration in a race setting. It's a serious exercise by Porsche, don't get me wrong, but it was only ever going to be run unclassified. IMSA just sorta created their own class so that the hybrid designation gets a little more airtime. The car, at Nurburgring, came upon the lead around halfway in the race after some incidents with other leading Audis and Porsches. It ended up leading for about 10 hours, until about 1h40m left when it suffered a mechanical issue totally unrelated to the hybrid system, ironically.

As for marshaling Tommy, give me a shout next time you see me on MSN, I'll let you know the details, help you find your SCCA region, and get you in touch with the right people. Really glad you're interested... The number of younger folks like us is seriously lacking and marshals are getting harder to come by in general.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd love to get into marshaling as well, but I had to find a ride to go to Petit and that's only two or so hours away. I wouldn't be able to make a whole lot of races.

I do have an autocross spot 5 minutes away from my house. Thank God Petit is a week later, I haven't been to an autocross in months.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hmm, yeah if you haven't got reliable transportation it's a bit of a setback, but you can still volunteer at autocrosses and things like that to get involved if you like.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Priaulx and Werner are confirmed as third drivers in the #90 and #92 BMWs. :thumbsup:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=3948

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:57 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Werner? The article clearly says Jörg Müller.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dicksplash wrote:
Werner? The article clearly says Jörg Müller.

The article is pulled from a Touring Car site, so thats why they highlight Muller and Prilaux. On the official entry list, these two drivers had not been announced, Werner already was.

Old article anyway, I just missed it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Entry list updated; quite a few driver additions etc. The sole GT1 entry has been withdrawn and replaced with another GTC entry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:11 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

MotorsTV will be interrupting the live coverage for an hour of WRC coverage between 10 and 11pm

:(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
MotorsTV will be interrupting the live coverage for an hour of WRC coverage between 10 and 11pm

:(

Sounds bass-ackwards from normal then, as Speed has the entire race in full. :o

Perhaps this bodes well for the other ILMC events next year. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:16 am 
Head Muppet

I just got the word not 10 minutes ago that I will be attending the Petit Le Mans this year.

This is gonna be a fun trip.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep, another speed streaming in prevision.

For the race, I think Audi will be back in the top on podium, hope for a 2008 remake. for ALMS title, Simon and Brabs should win it, but it will be hard with the RS Spyder with Graf, Maassen and Luhr. in GT2, BMW for Constructors and Teams, Bergmeister-Long for Drivers Title, and Corvette for the Win. and i will be very attending to performance of the Porsche GT3-R Hybrid.

Motorsport Lover since 1988
First TBK member to post it with a wiimote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some testing at the track yesterday and today. Participants including Audi, Peugeot, OAK, Risi, Robertson/Ford, Level 5, and Corvette, among others. There wasn't any official timing (that we'll ever see, anyway). Only big news of the weekend was that at some point Kristensen took the #7 car off coming down the hill towards the start/finish line, to the point that he deposited bits of his car on track. Not sure if he actually hit anything hard enough to do significant damage, but that was the only incident of note anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Before I forget, a note to all those coming to PLM:

Bring old clothes and shoes. This is me speaking from experience. There is red clay as far as the eye can see at Road Atlanta, and I have ruined two new pairs of shoes this way. There is still red clay on the legs of the pants I wore at last year's race, and I'm sure there's still some in Brendan's car. Red clay does not get out of things very easily, so you've been warned.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 520 Next