TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1765 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2589 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I saw RM but I never talked to him but he seemed like an interesting person to talk to. His grid walks definitely attest to that...lol.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

iks wrote:
I briefly met KK back in Long Beach in 2007 and I was a tad rude. :p

Did you ever meet him Dave?

I met Justin Wilson too and he's a really nice person. :)

Yeah, LB 2006. I didn't like KK. Something seemed a bit off with him. Met Sebass, who was as rude and ignorant as you'd expect, Dominguez who was kinda cool, and Justin, who as you say is a really nice guy. Were you at Daytona with us? Met loads of awesome people there, and I'm still in touch with the Franchittis, and Melissa Smith who was working with Gainsco at the time. :)

Edit: When Nick and I wandered off at LB 06 we got lost and stumbled across a presentation. We just sorted walked up and joined in with the press. We ended up meeting Dan Gurney and Phil Hill. It was a good day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:43 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Seabass and I had a couple of MAJOR disagreements. The man is a tool. As is KK. Paul Newman was awesome. One of the driver's dads gave us a big bag of weed. Justin Wilson was nice, really friendly (even if he had just binned his car). Paul Tracy picks his nose and eats ot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Paul Tracy - taking recycling to new heights.

I don't know of anybody who actually likes Kalkhoven, he is pretty a typical of a certain type of person, just because you are spectacularly successful in one choice of career, doesn't necessary mean you will be in another.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seabass with Dragon in 2013. That's good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
iks wrote:
I briefly met KK back in Long Beach in 2007 and I was a tad rude. :p

Did you ever meet him Dave?

I met Justin Wilson too and he's a really nice person. :)

Yeah, LB 2006. I didn't like KK. Something seemed a bit off with him. Met Sebass, who was as rude and ignorant as you'd expect, Dominguez who was kinda cool, and Justin, who as you say is a really nice guy. Were you at Daytona with us? Met loads of awesome people there, and I'm still in touch with the Franchittis, and Melissa Smith who was working with Gainsco at the time. :)

Edit: When Nick and I wandered off at LB 06 we got lost and stumbled across a presentation. We just sorted walked up and joined in with the press. We ended up meeting Dan Gurney and Phil Hill. It was a good day.

I didn't go to Daytona. It was more of a D3 deal...*shudders*...and I couldn't take a (small) break from school either. LB 06 was awesome though. I went again in 2007 and by then VGT had too big a say in everything, so...it wasn't as fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I echo what you guys say about Wilson. He had a horrid start to his weekend at Barber this past year, and he rolled up, saw the blank look on my face and asked me if I wanted his autograph. If he didn't have a debrief to go to, I honestly think he would have stayed to have a chat. Graham was pretty cool, the Penske guys were too. Was disappointed in TK and Rubens, but I bet it was just circumstance.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

iks, and nea, we're you in the teamspeak conversation with the devs and Justin when somebody said that sim racers were better at setting up cars than real racers? Which prompted Justin ranting for 30 minutes :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

haha, no. I think I only attended two or so of those meetings. I would've loved to have heard JW's rant. I didn't know he was involved in any teamspeak meetings. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Tyce Carlson gives his reasons why he should be the IndyCar CEO:
http://open-wheels.com/httpopen-wheels-comp2006/

Yes, he's a team owner. No, he's not a dick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuck it, hire him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Only negative is that he got duped fairly easily by Lotus.

But then again, so did lots of other people.

Let him have it. He'll regret it within 3 months, but until then it might be good.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Word has it Chrysler / FIAT has lost interest in a possible IndyCar program after the inner turmoil this season. They where eyeing an entry for 2014.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Great job, IndyCar :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's just the first potential entry to bail.

You really think the current sponsors aren't anxiously waiting to see what Indycar does before they decide whether or not continue their involvement?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike while the irons hot, or so they say...

ESPN wrote:
Formula One's management is considering creating an American version of GP2 or GP3 in order to drive popularity of the sport in the United States which this weekend hosts its first Grand Prix for five years.

Company documents show that it has the working title of the 'Americas Series' and, if given the green light, will feature races in the United States, Canada and Brazil. The aim is to stimulate the development of grass roots motorsports in these countries and generate publicity for F1 so that it eventually attracts more local drivers.

This year only three of the 20 F1 races are in the Americas. In addition to this weekend's race, which takes place in Texas, there are well-established Grands Prix in Canada and Brazil. However, F1 has struggled to gain popularity in the United States. There are no American drivers currently competing in the sport and the last was Scott Speed who raced briefly for Toro Rosso in 2006 and 2007 without scoring a point.

According to the company documents, F1's management believes that it will eventually be able to develop its business in North and South America to a level comparable with that in its traditional European base.

A regional variant of GP2 has been attempted before with little success. A GP2 Asia winter series was launched in 2008 but its last season was in 2011 when it only held four races with two of them taking place at Imola in Italy. Although teams were encouraged to run local drivers, many still chose Europeans or South Americans instead despite restrictions on the number of points they could score.

Since GP2 launched in 2005 it has been a major success story in producing F1 talent, with former champions including Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean. The series was acquired by F1's parent company, the F1 Group, in 2007 and three years later it launched GP3 to provide upcoming drivers with another clear step on the ladder to F1.

GP2 and GP3 generated $44.8m in revenues last year. This represents around 2.9% of the F1 Group's total revenue and it was made up from the sale of cars and parts to the participating teams, plus promotion and advertising fees and maintenance services.

It isn't only the F1 Group that would benefit from an expansion of GP2 or GP3. Publicity generated by an American junior series could be very useful to the organisers of the proposed Grand Prix in New Jersey, who recently shelved plans to host a race in 2013 amid budget concerns. It would also be beneficial to the F1 teams because as the sport's profile grows in the US it is likely to increase interest in sponsorship from American companies. However, the teams would not receive any additional revenues directly from the series itself as turnover from GP2 and GP3 is excluded from the F1 prize money fund.

Although there have been a number of plans to improve the profile of F1 in the US in recent years, the race in Texas is so far the only one to come to fruition. Despite being granted an entry slot for 2010, new team USF1 collapsed under the weight of financial troubles before it even made it to the grid. Earlier this year Red Bull was rumoured to be looking at creating a 'Stars and Stripes' F1 team piloted by American drivers, but so far nothing has materialised.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/stor ... MP=OTC-RSS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Another FIA ladder series that will just set up to fail.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The worst kept secret in this silly season is confirmed. Rahal to race at Rahal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next to Taku or with a 1 car team?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Leigh Diffey is Bob Jenkins' replacement in the booth per Jenna Fryer. Great choice!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1765 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2589 Next