TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 706 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 536 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gaara wrote:
kart99 wrote:
Speedworx wrote:
Tracks can have character and soul (Knockhill), but produce dull racing (see knockhill again).

Knockhill has NEVER produced a dull race.

Look at the poster...

This is true.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I always consider this on a BTCC season: I love Brands, Oulton Park, Thruxton, Knockhill & Croft. Indifferent towards Donington, Snetterton, Rockingham. Not keen on Silverstone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The racing is generally entertaining enough that I don't even think, "oh boo, they're at Silverstone today." More of a "Yay, BTCC today." :p

Silverstone and Rockingham are probably the weakest tracks. Snetterton is really special for me as I first went there as a kid in about 1990! The rest of them just have some great layouts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Snetterton was good until they ruined it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Turbo's pegged back yet again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 pm 
Eddie Jordan

phil1993 wrote:
I know, but for me a circuit seems wrong unless it has trees and elevation changes and a sense of everything being packed in like at Brands or Oulton.

The Rock isn't flat!

Plus anyone that says Knockhill isn't dull. The best race last time out was race 3. Thats likely to be ruined this weekend at Rockingham when Boardman gets penalised. Races 1 & 2 were dull. Infact, I taped race 3 to watch the rugby.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Turbo's pegged back yet again.

Oh boy!

Quote:
Every car using a turbocharged engine will have its base weight increased by 20kg in time for Rockingham. This will effect the championship-leading Hondas, the Arena Fords that performed so strongly at Knockhill last time out and many others.

Additionally, every car built to full NGTC specification will have its maximum boost limit reduced by 0.05 bar compared to what was permitted at Knockhill. The only cars affected by this are the Toyota Avensis, Proton Gen-2 and Audi A4.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure it's still not enough to please a certain someone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The only thing that would please him is being handed the championship on a silver platter having in no way at all earned it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's a little OTT don't you think? He just wants to compete on equal grounds that he feels he's entitled to. That's a fair amount different to having something handed to you without earning it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
He just wants to compete on equal grounds that he feels he's entitled to.

That's what he says.

I am certain that he does not mean it. Look at his reaction after he won at Oulton. He was right behind the Hondas and the three of them had left every other car in the dust. And all he would do is moan about the turbos. He is using the turbo issue as a crutch to explain why the Honda is a downright better car than the Chevrolet, and he is using the turbo issue as a crutch to explain why both Neal and Shedden are better drivers than he is. What he wants is for him to be able to win every race in peace, just like at the end of 2008(?) when SEAT got their turbo working and no-one could live with them.

Need Muller, Gio and Thommo back to put him in his place.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Let me make my point clear, I'm not in anyway supporting or justifiying Plato's moaning, I think that has been clear throughout the season. What I am saying is that I disagree with the view that he wants to have the championship handed to him on a silver platter.

He's unhappy at the fact that he is actually not the centre of attention of the championship this year and he's got weaker machinery (which is his and RML's responsibility).

RtN wrote:
Need Muller, Gio and Thommo back to put him in his place.

For sure :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If Chevy had turbo's they'd still be behind Honda and Plato will be moaning about them being too fast.

Plato just wants everything to benefit him, just as he learned while driving for SEAT.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Speedworx wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
I know, but for me a circuit seems wrong unless it has trees and elevation changes and a sense of everything being packed in like at Brands or Oulton.

The Rock isn't flat!

Plus anyone that says Knockhill isn't dull. The best race last time out was race 3. Thats likely to be ruined this weekend at Rockingham when Boardman gets penalised. Races 1 & 2 were dull. Infact, I taped race 3 to watch the rugby.

No they weren't. Race 2 to was an absolute thriller and race 1 had great battles from 3rd backwards. Definitely not dull. Knockhill has never produced a dull race. Never has done. Snetterton and Brands Indy is dull.

Anyway, looks like I'm going to be able to watch this one. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Collard very nearly beat Boardman for the win at Knockhill. I'd argue that the BMW was worse than the Chevy as well. Also, Collard didn't cry in his interview about the straight line speed being unfair. I honestly think that Plato is letting it get to him so much that it's affecting his driving now.

What is equality anyway? Do the cars have to be equal in a straight line? Or just equal time around the lap? Because we've seen Chevy on pole this season. If they had an equal top speed to the Hondas, and were much faster in the corners, is that parity?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I'm sure it's still not enough to please a certain someone.

Plato would only stop moaning if his rivals were forced to turn up in G-Wizzes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kart99 wrote:
Speedworx wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

The Rock isn't flat!

No they weren't. Race 2 to was an absolute thriller and race 1 had great battles from 3rd backwards. Definitely not dull. Knockhill has never produced a dull race. Never has done. Snetterton and Brands Indy is dull.

Anyway, looks like I'm going to be able to watch this one. Looking forward to it.

We're never all going to agree what was dull or exciting. Each to their own. I wouldn't call Knockhill race 1 particularly exciting, but I wouldn't have called it dull either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
If Chevy had turbo's they'd still be behind Honda and Plato will be moaning about them being too fast.

Well yeah, because it's Plato. It is always someone else's fault with him, regardless of the situation. But he is a hard worker and hard racer so the successes he's accrued over the years has been deserved.

Gaara wrote:
Plato just wants everything to benefit him, just as he learned while driving for SEAT.

What racing driver doesn't? It's part of the make up of the sport to want and / or seek to have an advantage over your opposition. To say he wants something handed to him on a silver platter is rubbish. He's bad but he's not that bad!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
kart99 wrote:
Speedworx wrote:
The Rock isn't flat!

We're never all going to agree what was dull or exciting. Each to their own. I wouldn't call Knockhill race 1 particularly exciting, but I wouldn't have called it dull either.

You know what I think the problem is. I'm not sure the tv showed how exciting it was. I wish they would put proper crowd noises in as for all 3 races people were oohing and aahing and the race was a lot more exciting than I think the tv showed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sheds and his engineer loading the new ballast into the car

http://yfrog.com/klgfuxrj

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 706 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 536 Next