TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 535 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

SEAT pulling the Cupras aswell. Disappointed, but not really suprised.

The question is, what will replace them? I would quite like to see 1 of the following added to the bill : Heritage GT Championship or British FFord. Get some more single seater racing on the schedule or get the Classic Touring cars out again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Classic Touring Cars were awesome to watch.

It'll most likely be another one-make championship instead though :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Formula Ford would be cool.

I'm guessing F3 is abit too high profile and also contracted to GT?

Caterhams were always fun to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well F3 and BTCC were about to join up but then F3 decided they wanted to be Euro F3 instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Well F3 and BTCC were about to join up but then F3 decided they wanted to be Euro F3 instead.

True. They should have just stuck to Spa and brought BTCC with them. Side by side through Eau Rouge with Plato anyone? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The BTCC drivers would probably try four-wide through Eau Rouge. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well that's a bit of a shock 8O Hopefully this won't have too much of a negative effect on the series, the loss of a manufacturer is never good, however unpopular. Hopefully Plato will get a drive elsewhere, and the BMWs will give the Vauxhalls a run for their money next year.

As for them pulling the Cupras - doesn't really matter. They've consistently had the lowest grid numbers and worst racing recently so hopefully they'll be replaced by something better. Caterhams or FFord would be cool. Also, I hope Martin Byford pops up somewhere else on the TOCA bill, he's been very entertaining recently :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

jdh wrote:
Gaara wrote:
SEAT are also pulling the Cupra championship as well.

I was just wondering about that yesterday, can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully TOCA can get another support series over to replace it. Must be said, apart from the last two events, the Cupra championship has been dismal this season.

Something occurred to me. I wonder if the TOCA boys saw this writing on the wall earlier in the year, and that's the reason why they were harrying the British F3 boys to join in the club?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:30 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Slyder wrote:
jdh wrote:
Gaara wrote:
SEAT are also pulling the Cupra championship as well.

I was just wondering about that yesterday, can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully TOCA can get another support series over to replace it. Must be said, apart from the last two events, the Cupra championship has been dismal this season.

Something occurred to me. I wonder if the TOCA boys saw this writing on the wall earlier in the year, and that's the reason why they were harrying the British F3 boys to join in the club?

...Except if anything it was the other way around, the F3 boys harrying TOCA because they were jealous of their TV contract....

(All day on ITV4 and repeat around midnight on ITV1 VS 7am Saturday mornings and.....that's it...you can see why ;) )

TOCA will bring over whatever championship suits them I guess...(something with races no longer than half an hour, probably single make, probably somewhere in horsepower between Clios and SEATS...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:32 pm 
Brit F3 weren't interested in the ToCA package after Docking left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
TOCA will bring over whatever championship suits them I guess...(something with races no longer than half an hour, probably single make, probably somewhere in horsepower between Clios and SEATS...)

The three class Fiesta Championship for STs, Zetecs and Si's is epic - guess the majority of the field isn't modern enough for TOCA though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:23 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

hedgey666 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

The three class Fiesta Championship for STs, Zetecs and Si's is epic - guess the majority of the field isn't modern enough for TOCA though.

If it's the one that's on Race and Rally UK it's not that good.....maybe it's the coverage but the races on TV don't seem to be that exciting...

If you want crazyness (and for the Clios to be made to look calm!) then bring over the Stock Hatch boys..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm willing to bet it has more to do with the R+R coverage. :P

That said, the Volkswagen Cup has supported occasionally. Quite entertaining, especially when there are vans running in it too. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just to update on what will be replacing the Cupra championship. According to Autosport, Ginetta are really pushing for their G50 Cup to take the slot, and it seems that Alan Gow does favpour at least a manufacturer backed series, which the G50 Cup is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kart99 wrote:
Just to update on what will be replacing the Cupra championship. According to Autosport, Ginetta are really pushing for their G50 Cup to take the slot, and it seems that Alan Gow does favpour at least a manufacturer backed series, which the G50 Cup is.

I'd go with that if they could get a reasonable sized grid out - those are gorgeous cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I wouldnt mind either. Although, they are the equivilant of a sportscar clio cup in the sense that they do like to crash into each other. A lot.

Alan Gow has apparently already agreed a deal with the championship with which the Cupra challenge will be replaced with, so I am expecting an announcement this weekend. Futher to that, I am also expecting a couple of manufacturers to announce their intentions in the next two or three months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kart99 wrote:
I wouldnt mind either. Although, they are the equivilant of a sportscar clio cup in the sense that they do like to crash into each other. A lot.

You don't need to tell me that - the Scottish Legends drivers were the race out after the G50 race at Knockhill when we supported the Brit GT meeting in April - we were held up for ages in the holding area watching truck after truck come back with wrecked G50s and general debris from their pile-up at Clark Corner. 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

hedgey666 wrote:
kart99 wrote:

You don't need to tell me that - the Scottish Legends drivers were the race out after the G50 race at Knockhill when we supported the Brit GT meeting in April - we were held up for ages in the holding area watching truck after truck come back with wrecked G50s and general debris from their pile-up at Clark Corner. 8O

Oh I know. I was standing at Duffers when it happened and the noise was deafining when they crashed.

Speaking of Legends, would really like to see more of them on the TOCA package. They would be a great addition.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:09 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

I've read on other forums that Jason Plato may be moving to Motorbase Performance next year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That would be a surprise move :o

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 535 Next