TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3606 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1124 125 126 127 128181 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cambridge wrote:
"Ho deciso che ti ricorderò con un sorriso, con quel sorriso che avevi sempre. Ti ricorderò con quell'esclamazione che ho avuto oggi quando ti ho visto prima di partire con quel coso giallo in testa e gli occhiali da sole, ho detto "minchia sic, fortuna che sei simpatico, perchè sei proprio brutto".
Ti ricorderò come quello che a Monza, quando ti ho visto è sceso dalla macchina ha tolto il casco... e incazzato come una iena se n'è andato a piedi dopo aver perso.
Ti ricorderò come "quel bastardo di Sic" che stava diventando un mostro.
Ti ricorderò come l'amico pazzo di Vale, quello del primo mondiale 125 cc, quello che a inizio stagione lo volevano mettere nei casini perchè "era violento".
TI RICORDERO' COME IL CAMPIONE CHE SEI SEMPRE STATO..
SEI UN GRANDE E TI PORTERO' PER SEMPRE NEL MIO CUORE.♥"
[Valentino Rossi]

I'm not in the mood to translate it right now, sorry

Sadly, this is a fake. Valentino hasn't spoken yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:52 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa says, "In a tragedy like this there is not much to say. I just want to give my condolences to his family and all the people who love him. I've been with his father and all we could do was to hug, nothing else matters. It was a fatal accident and everybody in the paddock remains in shock. Many times we ourselves forget how dangerous this sport can be and when you lose people on the way nothing has any meaning. It's clear that we all do what we like, what we love, but on days like today nothing matters."

Repsol Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso says, "In these circumstances, words don't seem to be appropriate. I think of Marco's family and all the people dear to him, in particular his father and mother. I also have a child and what happened today is the hardest situation you can imagine. I watched the images and I'm shocked. In a race you fight and push hard and disaster is often around the corner. Marco was a strong rider and he always pushed hard. We raced together since we were kids. I saw him always pushing to the maximum, he crashed many times, but without major injuries, he was seemed invincible. What happened today seems impossible."

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner says, "I'm so shocked and saddened by the loss of Marco. When things like this happen it reminds you how precious life is, it makes me feel sick inside. All I can say is how sorry I am for Marco's whole family I can't imagine what they are all going through and our thoughts and wishes are with them at this time. I hope they all stay close and pull through this tragedy together."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Unbelievable to wake up and hear of another loss in the motorsport world. Not a good month at all. :(

RIP Marco Simoncelli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

cambridge wrote:
"Ho deciso che ti ricorderò con un sorriso, con quel sorriso che avevi sempre. Ti ricorderò con quell'esclamazione che ho avuto oggi quando ti ho visto prima di partire con quel coso giallo in testa e gli occhiali da sole, ho detto "minchia sic, fortuna che sei simpatico, perchè sei proprio brutto".
Ti ricorderò come quello che a Monza, quando ti ho visto è sceso dalla macchina ha tolto il casco... e incazzato come una iena se n'è andato a piedi dopo aver perso.
Ti ricorderò come "quel bastardo di Sic" che stava diventando un mostro.
Ti ricorderò come l'amico pazzo di Vale, quello del primo mondiale 125 cc, quello che a inizio stagione lo volevano mettere nei casini perchè "era violento".
TI RICORDERO' COME IL CAMPIONE CHE SEI SEMPRE STATO..
SEI UN GRANDE E TI PORTERO' PER SEMPRE NEL MIO CUORE.♥"
[Valentino Rossi]

I'm not in the mood to translate it right now, sorry

i apologize for the misunderstandment but those are note Vale's World, it's just a fan page of him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:58 pm 

stimaro wrote:
Here's an aftermath picture.
It looks like a repeat of Tomizawa... but you'll be the judge.

***WARNING!!! Disturbing image!***
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

this is... just fucking unbelievable, unbelievable... i mean: we're in 2011, for christs sake, not in 1950!?!
just unbelievable. makes me even more sick than i am already... :yuk:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:12 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Xen wrote:
Was he falling when the picture was taken ?? 8O :yuk:

We should NEVER go back to those countries which have absolutely NO RESPECT and NO SKILL. Stay in Europe, you fucking Bernie. We saw it in South Korea also when it took them 10 minutes to clean few debris. :yuk:

Well Tomizawa was dropped in the gravel also, and that happened in Italy. I don't think it's much to do with which country the accident took place in, but it is an obviously huge concern that seriously injured riders keep getting mistreated like this at MotoGP events.

Does MotoGP not have the mobile medical facilities that most other major series seem to have? Their method seems to be to rush the rider away as soon as possible so they can be treated at track's medical centre, rather than to try and stabalise them there at the scene.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Steve Parrish (BBC) column
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motogp/15421404.stm

Would not be surprised if Rossi retired. I didn't think I could see a crash as horrific as last week's, but this was more horrific because of the brutal way his helmet was ripped off. Never seen that before and I hope it never happens again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Axel Pons is not in any immediate danger, but he may need neurosurgery to remove a clot on the brain.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:20 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Alex wrote:
Xen wrote:
Was he falling when the picture was taken ?? 8O :yuk:

We should NEVER go back to those countries which have absolutely NO RESPECT and NO SKILL. Stay in Europe, you fucking Bernie. We saw it in South Korea also when it took them 10 minutes to clean few debris. :yuk:

Well Tomizawa was dropped in the gravel also, and that happened in Italy. I don't think it's much to do with which country the accident took place in, but it is an obviously huge concern that seriously injured riders keep getting mistreated like this at MotoGP events.

Does MotoGP not have the mobile medical facilities that most other major series seem to have? Their method seems to be to rush the rider away as soon as possible so they can be treated at track's medical centre, rather than to try and stabalise them there at the scene.

Organisation was also fined 50'000euros for not showing yellow flags when there was rain on the track during FP1 for moto2 which costed Marquez an injury. That's part of the whole thing you know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:23 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

phil1993 wrote:

Would not be surprised if Rossi retired. I didn't think I could see a crash as horrific as last week's, but this was more horrific because of the brutal way his helmet was ripped off. Never seen that before and I hope it never happens again.

I've seen in once before, Franco Uncini in 1983
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGwwaLk7g0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 pm 

ChiliFan wrote:
topcat_inc wrote:
Xen wrote:
Rossi did all he could to avoid first a collision with Edwards but then with Simoncelli. It was just too little too late, but you can really see he tried everything he could, even before Edwards who really didn't see it coming. Poor Marco, I hope he didn't suffer. :(

I don't agree here.
Edwards definately saw it coming, you can see clearly that he did EVERYTHING (correct) to avoid poor Marco. Don't forget they're traveling at speeds around 160 kph at that time.
First you see him move his knee and he changes his line, changes his focus (target fixation) as you can see Edwards' helmet moves away to the right from where Marco is going. And look at the angle both Edwards and Rossi already have (facing the right side of the track) right before impact with Simoncelli.
It's just incredible that this freak accident happened as it happened.

Edwards and Rossi would both have seen Simoncelli lose the front end of the bike and they expected him to slide into the gravel on the outside, so both took an inside line. It's unusual for the tyres to grip again after a lowside and even when they do, it mostly results in a highside (see Kenny Roberts Jr. at Paul Ricard 1999) but in this case with the bike almost completely horizontal it slewed across the track and across the seemingly safe line taken by Edwards and Rossi.

Yeah, so that was what I was saying. They both did all they could. When on a bike you can't just turn the other way once you're commited to a direction. You have to make the best of it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Barre wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Crikey. He survived though, didn't he?

I believe Simoncelli's accident was the first one I've seen live (I mean a fatal crash). I wasn't actually watching the Indy live last week, and I can't remember watching Tomizawa's live. So strange how I was thinking at the start 'Oh, Pedrosa always gets away well, still next year on bigger bikes Simo will have more of a chance' :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
I believe Simoncelli's accident was the first one I've seen live (I mean a fatal crash). I wasn't actually watching the Indy live last week, and I can't remember watching Tomizawa's live. So strange how I was thinking at the start 'Oh, Pedrosa always gets away well, still next year on bigger bikes Simo will have more of a chance' :(

It was the fourth fatal crash I have seen live: Ayrton Senna, Greg Moore, Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli. This is something I'm not proud of.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

phil1993 wrote:
Barre wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Crikey. He survived though, didn't he?

Yeah he did but was never the same on the bike. Franco is a advisor for safety in MotoGP now. He also doesn't remember one bit of that day, that day has been wiped from his memory because of the crash.

Last edited by Barre on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, compared to you guys I'm a relative newbie as I only really started watching F1 in 2004 and other motorsports from maybe 2006/7 (except BTCC, way before that). So I didn't see Greg Moore's or Dale Earnhardt's. Glad I didn't. I know our sport can be cruel, but a double blow like this after a largely great season in many series is tragic. Funnily enough I was thinking what a rubbish day this would be for motorsport with MotoGP (usually dull) and WTCC/DTM (both boring). Yet it ended like this, again :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I cannot believe we won't see Marco anymore on the tracks :( Still shocked by what I saw this morning, and really worried about Rossi. I hope he takes time to thing about the things, and take a good decision out of it. Surely Marco would have wanted him to continue, but pain must be so bad for Vale at the moment... :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Makes me wonder if he would have survived if it werent for those dumb dick paramedics dropping him when he obviously had head and neck injuries. Could explain the first reports of him being concious?

RIP Marco.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Honestly I think he had no chance. Even if he had survived I think he would have been in a wheelchair forever and maybe in a vegetable state. 2 huge hits like he's got really left him no chance. I was hoping for the best but deep inside, as many people I think, we knew he had no chance.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If he was struck - like we think - on the neck, I severely doubt what the marshals did mattered. The point is not the effect on the rider, but showing a lack of respect.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:08 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

phil1993 wrote:
If he was struck - like we think - on the neck, I severely doubt what the marshals did mattered. The point is not the effect on the rider, but showing a lack of respect.

Still ! I don't know if they knew the exact extant of his injuries (apart from the visual opinion), but "just in case" you take care of the person you have to carry ! I did my army service and we had to learn how to transport 1 injured person with the same kind of plate they use (we were 2 to do this job, not 4), and it is difficult if the person is heavy. But the marshals are supposed to be trained for that. It is just sick :yuk:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3606 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1124 125 126 127 128181 Next