TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3606 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5181 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:36 pm 
I posted this thread for any non-Moto GP bike stuff

http://spamgasm.org/tbklite/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=186

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:42 am 
Is a very strange member.

Iso Masa wrote:
[Would it be possible to change the topic title into "The BIG MotoGP/WSBK Discussion thread", please? :whistling:
no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here's my suggestion - all stuff apart from MotoGP goes in JB's thread. Hope that's OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Are there plans for changing the 250cc class? I thought the Eurosport commentators were mentioning something about it in one of the Misano practice sessions, but I was channel surfing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
Are there plans for changing the 250cc class? I thought the Eurosport commentators were mentioning something about it in one of the Misano practice sessions, but I was channel surfing....

I thought that there where plans to make it 600cc 4 stroke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fish88 wrote:
gd49 wrote:

I thought that there where plans to make it 600cc 4 stroke.

That's my understanding as well. Are they getting rid of the 125cc class or no? I thought I read someplace that when the 250's become the 600's that the 125's are going away. Helluva jump from 125's to 600's... But I guess it's a helluva jump from 250's to the 800's too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:02 pm 

there were but i haven't heard anything recent abt it. 125s are the very base of the pyramid, its a sin to mess with them. you just can't get rid of them! every decent rider (D-Mode, Squall, etc?) knows what those things can do to your soul that no other bike, not even a quarter liter can .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:42 pm 

Anyone have more info on this? All i know it colin did it to rossi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Haha WTF :D , Muss be Edwards on Rossi, would love to see the video :whistling:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

drmchsraj wrote:

http://picsorban.com/upload/sequencest7.jpg

Which race?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

raisinberry777 wrote:
drmchsraj wrote:

http://picsorban.com/upload/sequencest7.jpg

Which race?

Misano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

drmchsraj wrote:
there were but i haven't heard anything recent abt it. 125s are the very base of the pyramid, its a sin to mess with them. you just can't get rid of them! every decent rider (D-Mode, Squall, etc?) knows what those things can do to your soul that no other bike, not even a quarter liter can .

I totally agree. The 125s are a great class and should be left alone. Terrific racing with those small bikes. I just wish we got better coverage over here. Oh well, that's what the internet is for :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:02 am 

Ryder Notes: Rossi Versus The Rest
by julian ryder
Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In his 500cc/MotoGP career, Valentino Rossi has had three great rivals: Max Biaggi, Sete Gibernau, and now Casey Stoner. Getting beaten by a rider who isn't a long-term threat for a title doesn't bother him, he joins in the back-slapping and doesn't waste ammunition. Tiger Woods is exactly the same. When a one-hit wonder wins a tournament he's full of bonhomie, but not when the world number two triumphs. Rossi's attitude to and analysis of his three challengers is illuminating.

Max he characterizes as strong on a two-stroke but 'not a lot of problem' on a four-stroke. However, Biaggi had 'strong media power' and in the beginning that caused a few problems with the Italian press.

Gibernau, says Vale, was 'faster than Max and good on a four-stroke.' Sete's problem was that got too wound up before a race and arrived with "too much emotion and aggression, so he make mistakes.'

And Sete as a person? "At the start I think I like him, then I get to know him and decide I don't like him. But, you put Max's head on Sete..."

Which brings us to Stoner. "He is very, very fast, especially at the limit. He knows it and uses it—you need a great feeling for that.'

And Casey's ability to ride the Ducati that no-one else can master? Valentino spreads the fingers on both hands then brings them together so they interlock: "Perfect fit."

"However, he knows he is the best and therefore does not respect his rivals; I have to give him a problem."

I think it is safe to say that Valentino has done just that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Ducati have confirmed 2006 MotoGP world champion Nicky Hayden will partner Casey Stoner at the team next season.

The 29-year-old American had already announced his plans to leave Repsol Honda at the end of the year, after six seasons at the Japanese team.

Hayden will replace Marco Melandri at Ducati, and he will make his debut on the Desmosedici GP9 on 27 October right at the end of the season in Valencia.

"We are really happy to have Nicky join us," said Claudio Domenicali, Ducati Corse CEO. "We are certain that his never-say-die attitude, riding style and character will be great additions to our team in 2009.

"I would like to thank HRC for allowing Nicky to start testing our bike immediately after the Valencia Grand Prix.

"I would also like to thank Marco Melandri for his professionalism during a difficult year, which was below all our expectations.

"Unfortunately his feeling with the Desmosedici was never good enough to allow him to ride as well as he can. We wish him all the best for the future."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:36 pm 
Interesting article by Julian Ryder there. Been thinking about Rossi's mental tactics a bit lately. Stoner seemed oblivious to anything Rossi might have tried last season - he was rock solid, made no mistakes, didn't take the bait in press conferences etc etc. Basically, he avoided making the mistakes that Max, Sete and co have made over the years. They got too emotionally involved in the battle, and too disconnected from their job, and the moment that happened, Rossi had them beaten.

This year though, something changed with Stoner. I think he realised somewhere along the line that while qualifying the fastest bike with the best tyres on pole may be easy on most weekends, there is a big difference when your rival is on the same rubber and can now battle with you for victories week in, week out. I still consider the Yamaha to be a slower bike than the Ducati, if slightly more agile, but the Duc is definitely the better overall package. Coinciding with the more equal nature of the battle, was Stoner losing the plot a bit - he's crashing more often across the race weekends, he got fired up about Rossi's hard yet fair moves in Laguna, and you can see he's trying too hard to prove (probably to himself as much as to anyone else) that he can match it on almost equal machinery.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Stoner fan and have followed him since he was racing the Campetella Aprilia 250 all those years ago, but I can't help but think things came to him a bit too easily in the premier class. Rossi has had to steadily climb through each category, taking a year to learn the bike, then a year to thrash the opposition before moving along, and I think the steady, planned progression is why he's the champion that he is.

edit: forgot to mention - the 125cc and 250cc classes are not to be trifled with! I love the little bikes, and it'd be a travesty if both classes were scrapped.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:51 pm 
I can't wait for the next race :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dovizioso's switch to Repsol Honda is now confirmed.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Dovi ... a+for+2009

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:15 pm 

Bleu wrote:
Dovizioso's switch to Repsol Honda is now confirmed.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Dovi ... a+for+2009

And as a result Team Scot has confirmed Takahashi's switch to MotoGP.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:52 pm 
And word is Team JiR may not ever eventuate on their own, through sheer lack of available Hondas. Apparently that puts Ben Spies out of the reckoning for a MotoGP ride, maybe he should get on a WSBK machine - that is a championship growing amazingly year by year (not to say I don't prefer MotoGP, but there are definitely more opportunities in Superbikes at the moment).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I too prefer the MotoGP prototype bikes to the WSBK's but WSBK is a terrific championship with some really great tracks (and some poor ones.) The racing in both can be fantastic in both so I watch both. To be honest, I like the way the WSBK weekends are set up with two races to the MotoGP's one.

Really I just wish MotoGP had more bikes on the grid but the budget needed to run the GP's is quite a bit more than that of WSBK. I hope Ben can land a top caliber ride in either series. He's a helluva rider and deserves his shot at the top level.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3606 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5181 Next